Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
csatahajos

Warship Projects - British Royal Navy

11 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
100 posts
9,033 battles
Players
2 posts
1,295 battles

YES PLEASE! I love the british ships and i hope you gonna bring the RN in the game like the american tech tree. These ideas are great     , also all classes of warships cv,bb,dd,cruiser.... There are so many ships you could bring into the game and i hope you can complete that maybe before Summer ;). 

[BUBS]
[BUBS]
Players
4 posts
8,696 battles

Its such a shame that this game is called WORLD of warships and yet continues to exclude the british Royal navy which at the start of ww2 was the largest in the world

come on wargaming lets see some real history and bring in the british !!!! please

Players
211 posts

On another forum  about WOW I asked why no RN fleet since they already had German fleet for WW-I & WW-II. I was told they were not important since all the big naval battles were between the Americans & IJN. I pointed out those two fleets were not even in the war until the second half....no answer.

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
567 battles

On another forum  about WOW I asked why no RN fleet since they already had German fleet for WW-I & WW-II. I was told they were not important since all the big naval battles were between the Americans & IJN. I pointed out those two fleets were not even in the war until the second half....no answer.

yes absolutely disgusting to ignore the RN but i did purchase hms campbeltown so they can see support for the uk fleet,but its quite a pathetic ship and will make me most unlikely to ever purchase a ship again 

Players
211 posts

yes absolutely disgusting to ignore the RN but i did purchase hms campbeltown so they can see support for the uk fleet,but its quite a pathetic ship and will make me most unlikely to ever purchase a ship again

Its especially odd on this the 100 anniversary of the battle of Jutland:  how you supposed to fight that most famous of naval battles with out the RN fleet?

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
2,257 battles

As a relative newbie to WOW and a Brit to boot am very disappointed that the finest Navy in the World is only represented by two vessels - on the dour end of the scale - HMS Campbeltown  and on the other - the grand old lady HMS Warspite. Come on guys - wheres the Hood, Prince of Wales, Iron Duke, Barham. Malaya, Repulse, Renown, Lion, Queen Mary - I could go on but you get the picture.

Beta Tester
5,256 posts
2,939 battles
1 minute ago, sharpethunder said:

British super-heavy cruiser designs, comperable to the Alaska or CA-2D. OD

I would be cautious. Usually "OD" means "own design" which means it's either partially or compltely invented by the author and was hardly to not at all a real project.
Do you have sources regarding this design ? Its full designation or perhaps a book that refers to it in more details ?

Alpha Tester
362 posts
357 battles

That is a drawing made by TonyD, late warship enthusiast and artist.

That is indeed his Own Design hence OD from like 15 years ago!.

It was from his site:
http://wolfsshipyard.com/

http://wolfsshipyard.com/Misc/WolfsDen/various.html

http://wolfsshipyard.com/Misc/NeverWeres/royal.htm

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this