You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ph3lan

High Caliber [Contest]

91 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

Hey Guys!

Here are the winners:

Name

XP

1st

Savaria

2nd

KaraMon

3rd

ShockPirat

4th

Kluele_SophiNet

5th

Teppa

Congratulations! :great:

92m9eZl.jpg

Captains!

World of Warships is a team game and good coordination can win matches, but sometimes a single brave captain can cripple half the enemy team alone and carry his teammates on his broad decks to victory.

In this contest you are required to play any regular ship of Tier IV or higher, obtain a high caliber medal and get as much base XP as possible.

A replay is not required, but if you have a particularly epic battle, we would love to see it. Instructions on how to enable a replay can be found here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/19222-enabling-replays-in-world-of-warships/

The rules:

• The winner is the player who manages to obtain a High Caliber Medal and the highest base XP in a single battle

• You must play a regular ship of Tier IV or higher (no premium ships)
  • The battle has to have taken place between 03/12/2015 (06:00 AM CET) and 21/12/2015 (23:59 CET)
  • Submissions have to be made before the 22nd of  December
  • Only random battles are allowed
  • You have to have no damage caused to allies (bumping into each other by accident is acceptable)
  • You can enter as many times as you like. Simply edit your post with a new result before 22 December
  • You need to include a full screenshot of all three pages of the battle results in your post, with the damage caused detailed report visible on the third page.
  • In case of a tie, the player with the highest amount of damage will win
  • All non-related posts will be deleted
  • The winners will be announced in this forum thread in the days following the submission deadline
  • This contest is only open to players with an EU account 

Prizes:

1st place: Nikolai I 

2nd place: Ishizuchi 

3rd place: Mikasa 

4th place: Diana + 500 doubloons

5th place: 500 doubloons 

Good Luck, Have Fun! 

Edited by Ph3lan
  • Cool 8

[GNG]
Players
112 posts
15,504 battles

Nice to see more contests on the way, it makes daily grinding more chewable. :popcorn:

[1DSF]
Moderator, In AlfaTesters
3,279 posts
7,898 battles

Im out. Have some fun. :honoring:

Edited by Carnivore81
  • Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,884 battles

"The winner is the player who manages to obtain a High Caliber Medal and the highest base XP in a single battle"

"You need to include a full screenshot of the first page of the battle results in your post, as well as the damage caused detailed report."

As far as I know base xp isn't visible in those screens, but in team results screen... Shouldn't that be included too?

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

Nice, a contest, but... Couldn't you be a bit more original in the requirements? It's virtually always "highest XP", "highest damage",... Which favours several ship(classes) and has as a consequence that you need to be really lucky with your team and the opposing team as well. Why not something as "highest procentual hit rate"? Neverthe, I will try and do my best :playing:

• Cool 3

Players
198 posts
3,801 battles

Nice! I'll be giving this a try this weekend.

Out of curiosity what happens if you win a ship, but you already have the ship?

Edited by WhoopieMonster

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,246 battles

"The winner is the player who manages to obtain a High Caliber Medal and the highest base XP in a single battle"

"You need to include a full screenshot of the first page of the battle results in your post, as well as the damage caused detailed report."

As far as I know base xp isn't visible in those screens, but in team results screen... Shouldn't that be included too?

Good catch! Fixed it :)

Nice, a contest, but... Couldn't you be a bit more original in the requirements? It's virtually always "highest XP", "highest damage",... Which favours several ship(classes) and has as a consequence that you need to be really lucky with your team and the opposing team as well. Why not something as "highest procentual hit rate"? Neverthe, I will try and do my best :playing:

If you have any cool ideas, write them up and send them to us in a PM, we are always happy about suggestions for the contest formats.

Nice! I'll be giving this a try this weekend.

Out of curiosity what happens if you win a ship, but you already have the ship?

If you have the ship, you will receive the gold price and a port slot :)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,884 battles

"If you have the ship, you will receive the gold price and a port slot"

I won the Imperator Nikolai in the plane contest... Now, lets say I was awesome enough to score first on this too. Could I, in agreement with the second or third placed person switch the reward? So they get "my" Imperator and I get "theirs" Ischizuchi/Mikasa.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,240 posts
11,389 battles

A have question? It is only random battles or also ranked battles?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,116 posts
13,391 battles

A have question? It is only random battles or also ranked battles?

• Only random battles are allowed

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,246 battles

"If you have the ship, you will receive the gold price and a port slot"

I won the Imperator Nikolai in the plane contest... Now, lets say I was awesome enough to score first on this too. Could I, in agreement with the second or third placed person switch the reward? So they get "my" Imperator and I get "theirs" Ischizuchi/Mikasa.

In theory I don't have any objections to this, as long as we are contacted via PM from both parties.

• Cool 1

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Players
48 posts
10,997 battles

My entry to the contest; 2,258 base XP in Nicholas, 130,010 damage

If forum upload doesn't work, here is backup links: http://imgur.com/a/btq1h

highcaliber contest1.png

highcaliber contest2.png

highcaliber contest3.png

[-TWA-]
Modder
241 posts
9,403 battles

Here 2663xp

Sadly I only got the Team Score screen of my Kitakmi play wiht 3517 base XP

2015-11-30_00004.jpg

2015-12-08_00002.jpg

2015-12-08_00003.jpg

2015-12-08_00004.jpg

Edited by Yoshi_EU

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
21,602 battles

Why oh why are Ranked Battles not included? It is in effect harder to get High Calibre due to fewer ships. Anyway, I hardly ever shake my epeen but this ranked battle I had was epic and only wish it could be included.

5v7FD78.jpg4oDbQPo.jpg

GXxI296.jpg

:)

[T-N-T]
Players
3,338 posts
14,984 battles

Why oh why are Ranked Battles not included? It is in effect harder to get High Calibre due to fewer ships. Anyway, I hardly ever shake my epeen but this ranked battle I had was epic and only wish it could be included.

5v7FD78.jpg4oDbQPo.jpg

GXxI296.jpg

:)

Nope, High caliber is about the percentage of damage relative to team hitpoints. Therefore it's easier to get High Caliber in ranked. I was actually getting High Caliber in most of my Fuso ranked matches because of that.

• Cool 1

[SHORK]
Players
7 posts
4,754 battles

First time I ever take part in something like this. Let's see how it will turn out for me... Best of luck for everyone else competing!

Edit: Darnit i just realized my mod-pack changed the icons of the medals. Oh well!

Edit2: I realized I could prove my 'High Caliber' by using my coursur on the 2nd page. I hope this is okay?

Edit3: New Match results: 2777 xp, 181k dmg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

Edited by Kritsune

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,795 posts
17,345 battles

@Ducat because it's easier to achieve High Calibre in Ranked battles than in Random battles

[1DSF]
Moderator, In AlfaTesters
3,279 posts
7,898 battles

@Ducat because it's easier to achieve High Calibre in Ranked battles than in Random battles

of course but xp is the Problem