You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ph3lan

Plane Hunting [Contest]

77 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
5,033 battles

post-505343827-0-40275500-1447969907.jpgpost-505343827-0-23932700-1447969922.jpg

Hi, can my screen shots be seen by you guys? couse once i log out i cant see it my self...

shot-15.11.19_18.29.52-0561.jpg

shot-15.11.19_18.30.05-0660.jpg

Edited by TxREX

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
21,583 battles

I think it's just fair that the CVs get their own contest, the last contests were CA and BB contests. But you could make a seperate one for non-CVs with the same prizes :P

I agree. Maybe split the prizes. There's certainly no point trying to take part at the moment as a sub tier 10 cruiser or battleship.

However, I do think it's fair that CV players have a chance of winning something for once.

This was what I was trying to say. All I am trying to do, as this competition is about shooting down planes (it does not say it is a CV only contest), is to try and make it a little more equal across the board, nothing more nothing less. I am sure most here will agree this competition, in its own nature, is really about ships on tiers 9 and 10 as the rest, as much as they try, will not be able to match the amount of planes in the air to shoot down.

Best wishes to the winner. :honoring:

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

Simple make the contest in class groups so most plane kills in cv ca bb dd so every class gets a shot? 

.. dd shooting 10 planes is more heroic then a cv... eh;)...regularly have amagi or nc  do 30 40 plane kills......so yeah..again base idea is great.... details   not so much....

OTOH, the other contests were not applicable for carriers. Why not have a contest for carriers now then?

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,860 battles

Wow, I might actually buy the air superiority deck on my Midway to do this :hiding:

My Midway stats will suffer :(

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

Wow, I might actually buy the air superiority deck on my Midway to do this :hiding:

My Midway stats will suffer :(

You'd still need to run into a battle with two CVs each side to actually make the most of it, don't you?

[BRVHT]
Players
261 posts
5,145 battles

Yes, the competition is is open for carriers.

so only carrier captains need apply then. because other classes aren't going to get close.

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

so only carrier captains need apply then. because other classes aren't going to get close.

This is more an issue of tier difference than class difference. Higher tier carries can field substantially more planes, so chances are that someone in the higher tiers will win this.

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

To make this fair to non-CV players would be to offer prizes to them as well, as I am sure if not, a CV will certainly win. Thoughts?

Can we play with cruseırs or battleshıps?? and can we only join competition must be scored in 19november -30november?

The contest is open for every class and every tier. I know that high tier carriers have the highest chance to win, but I didn't want to exclude other classes, we might get surprised. To be fair, CVs couldn't take part in earlier contests and now it is their time to shine :) There will be other contests in the future and every class will have an opportunity to get into the limelight. 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,860 battles

Another CV only competition.

Yeah. CVs were all the rage for most hits, most citadels, and most ship torpedo hits competitions.
  • Cool 5

[TSUN]
Community Contributor
1,981 posts
8,708 battles

To make this fair to non-CV players would be to offer prizes to them as well, as I am sure if not, a CV will certainly win. Thoughts?

I would say that CVs would have a high chance of winning if the CVs can find matches.

Players
8 posts
7,995 battles

Why do you want prizes to other classes? There were contests for DDs (most ship torps in), BBs + CGs (most cit hits), CGs (most hits in) and now we have a CV contest, deal with it.

• Cool 2

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

DAMMIT! :'( In 1 match in my Cleveland I had 2 carriers suiciding 22 aircraft into my AA to try to kill me so they could kill the BBs around me. But I didn't know about this event :'(