You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ph3lan

Plane Hunting [Contest]

77 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

Hey Guys!

Here are our winners:

1st

ShockPirat

Nikolai I

2nd

xXx_Blogis_xXx

101.580 damage

Ishizuchi

3rd

laudano

92.762 damage

Mikasa

4th

Ellcrys

Diana + 500 doubloons

5th

Takru

500 doubloons

Congratulations! :great:

3UVT9ql.jpg

Captains!

World of Warships is not only about landing devastating shells and torpedoes, it is also about protecting your allies (and yourself) from deadly attacks coming from the sky. In this contest you are required to play any regular ship of Tier IV or higher and destroy as many enemy planes as possible.

A replay is not required, but if you have a particularly epic battle, we would love to see it. Instructions on how to enable a replay can be found here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/19222-enabling-replays-in-world-of-warships/

The rules:

• The winner is the player with the most destroyed enemy planes in a single battle

• You must play a regular ship of Tier IV or higher (no premium ships)
  • The battle has to have taken place between the 19/11/2015 (06:00 AM CET) and the 30/11/2015 (23:59 CET)
  • Submissions have to be made before the 1st of  December
  • Only random battles are allowed
  • You have to have no damage caused to allies (bumping into each other by accident is acceptable)
  • You can enter as many times as you like. Simply edit your post with a new result before 1 December
  •  You need to include a full screenshot of the first page of the battle results in your post, as well as the damage caused detailed report
  • In case of a tie, the player with the highest amount of damage will win
  • All non-related posts will be deleted
  • The winners will be announced in this forum thread in the days following the submission deadline
  • This contest is only open to players with an EU account 

Prizes:

1st place: Nikolai I 
2nd place: Ishizuchi 
3rd place: Mikasa 
4th place: Diana + 500 doubloons
5th place: 500 doubloons 

Good Luck, Have Fun! :honoring:

Edited by Ph3lan
Changed the starting date of the contest due to the 0.5.1.2 patch
  • Cool 4

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,795 posts
17,345 battles

Sorry for asking that but... are you out of your mind? With that buggy dogfighting skill you are promoting an event like that?

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

Sorry for asking that but... are you out of your mind? With that buggy dogfighting skill you are promoting an event like that?

Don't worry, the dogfighting expert skill has been fixed in the latest patch.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,362 posts
8,384 battles

u can at least postpone the start until the patch hits the fan :B

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

u can at least postpone the start until the patch hits the fan :B

That's actually a really good idea :B

Edited the start to 19/11/2015 (6:00 AM CET). This way the problems with the dogfighting expert skill won't affect the contest.

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

I'm not sure... It's for CVs or not?

cvs can enter or not?

Yes, the competition is is open for carriers.
  • Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,116 posts
13,391 battles

Happy hunting CVs, although I'm pretty sure we'll see TX CVs rule this competition - they have the biggest reserves and highest amount of planes to kill - I predict a TX CV matched against one derpy TX and a lower Tier CV to win this one. But at least something to go for as CV captain, enjoy :)

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
21,602 battles

To make this fair to non-CV players would be to offer prizes to them as well, as I am sure if not, a CV will certainly win. Thoughts?

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
2,303 posts
1,085 battles

To make this fair to non-CV players would be to offer prizes to them as well, as I am sure if not, a CV will certainly win. Thoughts?

Sad thing is for both CVs and non-CVs the biggest chances have tier X. There are simply most planes on that tier and AAA is the best on it.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts

Look most of events u did here was  for non cv players , and now its fair , and u say t10 get more planes ? nah midway fr sure dont , haku maybe , but in curent silver earn balance no 1 even bother play t10 cvs even i dont play anymore

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,116 posts
13,391 battles

I think it's just fair that the CVs get their own contest, the last contests were CA and BB contests. But you could make a seperate one for non-CVs with the same prizes :P
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts

I think it's just fair that the CVs get their own contest, the last contests were CA and BB contests. But you could make a seperate one for non-CVs with the same prizes :P

lol mate :P if they not let cv players , then why they not think that just zao or des will farm plane kills ? its also not fair then , why then they just make for any class of ships only for t4-8

Beta Tester
139 posts
5,938 battles

I agree. Maybe split the prizes. There's certainly no point trying to take part at the moment as a sub tier 10 cruiser or battleship.

However, I do think it's fair that CV players have a chance of winning something for once.

Edited by Sanjuro_UK

Beta Tester
347 posts
1,833 battles

Oh my, DD captains will suffer the most with all those fighters around :) However, thumps up for the contest - we really need those. And it will be interesting to look at the results.

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,345 battles

Well, someone has to start with an entry.

62 plane kills

1.png

2.png

Edited by Takru

[MUMMY]
Players
79 posts
15,374 battles

Simple make the contest in class groups so most plane kills in cv ca bb dd so every class gets a shot? 

.. dd shooting 10 planes is more heroic then a cv... eh;)...regularly have amagi or nc  do 30 40 plane kills......so yeah..again base idea is great.... details   not so much....

Edited by Schneewolf

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,116 posts
13,391 battles

lol mate :P if they not let cv players , then why they not think that just zao or des will farm plane kills ? its also not fair then , why then they just make for any class of ships only for t4-8

Well, that's the nature of CVs and their sh*tload of planes on that Tier - I managed to kill 72 planes with the Montana once, so it wouldn't be just the Zao or Des Moines, they'd still need to get focused by the CV. Anyways, I think it's fine to have a CV focused contest, that's just fair - but I can't think of a "fair" CV contest for more than Tier IX / X due to the nature of CVs and their scaling with Tiers.

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,345 battles

Can we play with cruseırs or battleshıps?? and can we only join competition must be scored in 19november -30november?

It says any ship tier 4 and higher, except for premium ships. So, yeah.