Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shepbur

The ghost ships attack!

38 comments in this topic

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

ZGfaW7N.png

Just as a little pilot to test the population out there, i thought i'd run a small competition for you all (was originally for supertesters only, but i thought it would be worth opening up to you all!)

The competition is now closed.

The winners are as follows:

1st: Novaror (4 kills, 2963xp) - Shimakaze

2nd: Briscolone_01 (4 kills, 2112xp) - Minekaze

3rd: Nagine (4 kills, 1916xp) - Fujin

4th: Kooluch (4 kills, 1639xp) - Minekaze

5th: Cosmonautilus (3 kills, 2363xp) - Kagero

Over the next 11 days you are to head out in any ship above tier 5, and score as many kills on enemy ships without being spotted!

There are some requirements however, these are as follows:

• The ship you are using MUST be at least Tier 5 or above. And not an aircraft carrier.
  • The commander you use for the ship MUST have an active situational awareness level 1 captain skill.
  • You must be spotted by the enemy at least once during the whole battle - this is to prove the situational awareness skill is active.
  • Only kills you score while not being spotted (at the point of the enemies death) by any enemy ship will count towards your total.
  • Kills which are achieved after your death will all count towards this total.

To enter, you need to post a image of the team results screen, the in-game replay of the battle (be it the original file, or a version uploaded to youtube), as well as state the number of kills you achieved during the game while not being spotted.

Click HERE to find out how to record replays of your battles. To send the original file in with your entry, please upload it via either googledrive, mediafire, or any other free file hosting website and post a link to the download location.

The prizes will be as follows:

1st - 1000 gold

2nd - 500 gold

3rd - 500 gold

4th - 500 gold

5th - 500 gold

If prize winning entries have the same number of kills, positions will be placed in order of base experience earned during the battle.

You have until 18:00GMT on Friday 13th November to submit your entries (in this thread please!).

Depending on the success/ popularity of this competition, i will try to keep competitions running throughout each month for people to head towards. And hopefully, if there's enough interest, i'll be able to increase the prize pool with the support of WG.

Good luck and get shooting!

(Please note: These prizes are being hosted solely by myself and not WG! I'll do my best to sort out the winners by the end of the sunday, but i can't promise anything - might take an extra week)

Edited by Shepbur
  • Cool 1

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

And yes, i know it's a wickes in the picture >.> 

#reserved

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,936 posts
10,304 battles

I guarantee you the winner will be an Izokaze or a Minekaze !

EDIT: I have had too little coffee today, and my braincells are failing me.

Edited by Exocet6951

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

I guarantee you the winner will be an Izokaze or a Minekaze !

Shouldn't be an izokaze, the minimum tier is 5 :P

Beta Tester
347 posts
1,833 battles

My applause for your initiative and showing WG how it should be done :honoring:  Will try to participate .

Just for the sake of clarity I think you should add info how equal number of kills will be dealt (is the higher damage will take the upper hand or perhaps base experience).

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Just for the sake of clarity I think you should add info how equal number of kills will be dealt (is the higher damage will take the upper hand or perhaps base experience).

apologies, equal kills will be dealt with by base experience :)

Will add it to the OP tonight when I can get to a computer

[AEGIS]
[AEGIS]
Players
32 posts
4,190 battles

Wow this competition will be awesome! I'm really happy to see more and more events like this for players. Only recently discovered this and tried the "raining shells" competition from Ph3lan, it really adds to the game and trying to complete requirements for these competitions is fun. Hoping there will be many more to come.

Now I just need to figure out how to record matches :teethhappy: 

I read somewhere about changing some lines in a code, but i'm not too keen on doing that

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Wow this competition will be awesome! I'm really happy to see more and more events like this for players. Only recently discovered this and tried the "raining shells" competition from Ph3lan, it really adds to the game and trying to complete requirements for these competitions is fun. Hoping there will be many more to come.

Now I just need to figure out how to record matches :teethhappy: 

I read somewhere about changing some lines in a code, but i'm not too keen on doing that

sorry! Forgot to explain how to do that too >.< You do indeed need to edit your preferences file, however it's very quick and simple to do, and the replay files don't take up much room on your hard drive, I think they're in terms of 100's of kb, rather than mb in size :) will link you to the official guide to it in ~ 3 hours

[0M3GA]
Beta Tester
17 posts
8,638 battles

Hi, have ingame replay of 4 "invisible" kills ready but can not attach & upload...get error message instead telling me i am not allowed to upload such file?

how can i share this replay - thx for help...

edit:

Thx for superfast help...here´s download link to 4 ghost-kills with Minekaze: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=46294509807300934905

as well as detailed results

4of4_a.png

4of4_b.png

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Hi, have ingame replay of 4 "invisible" kills ready but can not attach & upload...get error message instead telling me i am not allowed to upload such file?

how can i share this replay - thx for help...

Just updated the OP, if you could upload the file to google drive (share with link only - then share the link!), or another file hosting website such as mediafire etc. that would be really helpful :D Thanks!

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Yes, you must not be spotted by ships OR planes while making the kills.

Beta Tester
34 posts
3,749 battles

Kagero.

5 kills, but....hmm  first one, i did not see the victim, he saw me though, does not count i guess....

2nd, i hid under his railing, he could not see me.

the other 3 are legit ghost kills, i am sure

replay:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5s2wHp-i3NVN2dvWUxkVnlHZTA

screens:

end_screen.png

damage.png

xp.png

[DUDES]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,795 posts
16,033 battles

Well... I tried to be extra sneaky today but unfortunately I managed only 2 kills (there was an enemy lemming train that went the other way around). I had been detected though, but only afterwards. Thus those would have been legit but not nearly enough to be considered in the contest (I guess). So I'll try again the next days.

I really like such contests. I usually followed the reddit challenges for Kerbal Space Program, but in most cases I wasn't skilled enough to do them myself. But if it was easy I probably wouldn't bother ;).

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

4 kills, all undetected.

You need to post the team result screen, not the general one.

The same goes for you too kenjiro_

Edited by Shepbur

[THESO]
Players
909 posts
7,384 battles

You need to post the team result screen, not the general one.

The same goes for you too kenjiro_

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Is there a way to get that screen now?

I don't think so unfortunately :/ They're only stored until the next time you log off.

[THESO]
Players
909 posts
7,384 battles

I don't think so unfortunately :/ They're only stored until the next time you log off.

I guess that knocks me out then :(

Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Is the replay not accessible ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5s2wHp-i3NVN2dvWUxkVnlHZTA/view?usp=sharing

maybe this link helps. never done this before.

or this:

20151104_143710_PJSD010-Kagero-1943_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

you just needed to change the privacy settings to anyone with the link, but I will check the new link when I'm back home.