Vaderan

About WG EU community work, special events and pricing policy...

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

385 posts in this topic

WG guys are used to censorship and are feeling rather uncomfortably around "unmoderated discussion". They were raised to think free speech or pluralism is chaos. Like dragons or so ;).

Edited by wsciekly_pelikan

8 people like this

WG guys are used to censorship and are feeling rather uncomfortably around "unmoderated discussion". They were raised to think free speech or pluralism is chaos. Like dragons or so ;).

This is a WG forum hosted by WG. Why would they tolerate insults? Why would anyone? 

OP - much better to have positive critique of the game. However Your open letter is still ranty and full of exclamations. 

You would do better to objectively state facts, observations, feelings and suggestions like:

- I believe WG is missing out on valuable player contributions by only offering bundle packages and having no new content to buy in game. 

- I find it disappointing that there have been no new ships released in game as I and many others have doubloons we would be quite happy to spend on moderately priced ships 

- we would also like to be assured that there will be new "in game" purchases in future as this was the understanding at the time I purchased my doubloons... 

Etc...

3 people like this

WG are getting too greedy it's as simple as that.

1.Overpriced bundles with no option to buy the ship separately a complete joke in all honesty.

2.Bundles where each item could be bought for less when paid for individually.

3.Captains having to re train for ships they have already mastered.

4.Having to pay to remove equipment all the time because the engineer loses his spanner.

5.Not enough benefits to having premium

6.Premium ships are overpriced can buy AAA titles for the same money

7.Being treated differently to other servers different offers etc.

Could think of more but doubt they will listen anyway we are nothing but a cash cow for them.

7 people like this

This is a WG forum hosted by WG. Why would they tolerate insults? Why would anyone? 

OP - much better to have positive critique of the game. However Your open letter is still ranty and full of exclamations. 

You would do better to objectively state facts, observations, feelings and suggestions like:

- I believe WG is missing out on valuable player contributions by only offering bundle packages and having no new content to buy in game. 

- I find it disappointing that there have been no new ships released in game as I and many others have doubloons we would be quite happy to spend on moderately priced ships 

- we would also like to be assured that there will be new "in game" purchases in future as this was the understanding at the time I purchased my doubloons... 

Etc...

+1

I agree with you! That´s why i opened this thread with a by far more polite and neutral voice. I just refer to my former thread, quoting myself to point out the emotional backround. For this thread, i wish a constructive discussion, and i appreciate comments like yours, which take on my more or less emotional original post and put it into a more reasonable form. This way, the community can show it is able to work constructive on this topic, not just ranting and complaining!

The original post always has to be a little bit controversal, so it can achieve a solid discussion about it.

I am thankfull for any piece of support, and each +1 this thread gains will bring it a little bit closer to the "popular" and "hot" batch, which draws even more attention.

I just hope we can keep this professional and it doesn´t end up in the mess or the scrapyard again.

Cheers, Vader

+1

I agree with you! That´s why i opened this thread with a by far more polite and neutral voice. I just refer to my former thread, quoting myself to point out the emotional backround. For this thread, i wish a constructive discussion, and i appreciate comments like yours, which take on my more or less emotional original post and put it into a more reasonable form. This way, the community can show it is able to work constructive on this topic, not just ranting and complaining!

The original post always has to be a little bit controversal, so it can achieve a solid discussion about it.

I am thankfull for any piece of support, and each +1 this thread gains will bring it a little bit closer to the "popular" and "hot" batch, which draws even more attention.

I just hope we can keep this professional and it doesn´t end up in the mess or the scrapyard again.

Cheers, Vader

Well to be honest they should not move it to the scrapyard they should remove the offensive posts which is well within their power to do so.

However removing the thread is in their interest.

2 people like this

All I can say is use your wallets not just words stop buying premium and stop giving them money then maybe they will stop treating us like a cow being milked dry

9 people like this

All I can say is use your wallets not just words stop buying premium and stop giving them money then maybe they will stop treating us like a cow being milked dry

Exactly what I will be doing from now on.

As I said in the other thread, WG know their punters, if the bundles weren't working as a strategy then they would change.  WG are a hard nosed business, if they persist with a particular sales strategy you can take that to mean it works well.

Only way they'll change is if enough people vote with their wallets.

+1 to Vaderan, good post in my opinion.

My thoughts on this topic:

WoWs is the first WG title i am playing, so i don´t know how the things have been / are in WoT.

In general, i am not someone who wants to have everything right now for free. If i like something, i pay even if not forced to do so.

That´s why i bought the 5500 doubloons package for around 20€ for a start. I was in need for ports to put my favorite ships in and wanted to give something back for the fun i have playing, so 20€ seemed okay for me.

Then the Tirpitz was released and i really wanted this ship.... but 60€ for a single ship combined with stuff i did not want? No thank you WG.

If it was offered for 40€ without additional stuff...maybe.

Last weekend, after release of german CA, i planned to grind my way thru the line and bought 3 day premium. Very smart.... usually weekends include only 2 free days, but you force me to buy 1 day or 3 days premium.

My point is: i am willing to spend money for things, i am not the one going for the cheapest or for free. But there is currently no offer which does not make me feel like a complete idiot when spending my money on it.

I kind of agree with you that we should stop spending our money till we get what we want but we are stuck with no other option if we want that ship that's new to the premium shop

I would prefer it if the package offered ships was made available in the next update like what wg do with wot

I do enjoy buying the ships I find fun ie Tirpitz, warspite, and many others but I have no choice if I want the product it has to be wg or nothing and when wg only let us have overpriced packages its kind of shoving us into 2 groups of people who have lots of money and them that don't :(

but we are stuck with no other option if we want that ship that's new to the premium shop

You always have the option to not buy it, it just depends on your priorities.

I have the money to buy the premium ships etc. in the shop but i decided not to spend it for the already mentioned reasons.

Don´t get me wrong... i am not judging anyone or want to tell them what to do. But i don´t fully understand people who a) complain about the prices and policy of WG and b) still buy anything anyway.

1 person likes this

You always have the option to not buy it, it just depends on your priorities.

I have the money to buy the premium ships etc. in the shop but i decided not to spend it for the already mentioned reasons.

Don´t get me wrong... i am not judging anyone or want to tell them what to do. But i don´t fully understand people who a) complain about the prices and policy of WG and b) still buy anything anyway.

I complain about the cost of fuel but I still buy that

I agree I can walk away without spending but I personally like to use these ships but I have no choice but to buy them in packages when I would like just the ship even if I have to wait a month or so till I can buy it with the dabloons(gold ffs its gold wg)  I have stashed in my account but all we get told is it wont be available for a long time after this "package offer"

I know if everyone stopped buying stuff wg would have to say hang on we have done something wrong and will change their marketing style but until you get everyone who plays the game and pays it wont happen

+1 Time and time again! Good constructive posts hope WG EU will finally start working with community and improve specials.

I don't think anything will happen. For a long time in WoT we've had HUGE 2-5% discounts (on bundles mostly), only at Christmas (and Easter if I recall correctly) you will see those big discounts, and I highly doubt they will ever change it! Why? Because people still keep spending.

The price of the Tirpitz bundle was almost equal to 1/10 of average (or lowest, not sure about the info, and in the other countries around it, the situation is even worse) paycheck in my country and I highly doubt someone is willing to spend so much money, on a game addon, when he needs it for much more important stuff. Their goal with bundles is to aim at customers with deep pockets (Northern and Western Europe), and sadly they are succeeding in it, as they keep giving us new bundles, meaning the old ones were being sold.

As for Atago, since I consider Cruisers to be the equivalent of Medium tanks in WoT, Atago is like 30-40% more expensive than medium tanks in WoT (and that is the only reason I decided not to buy it) and it's sale probably wasn't going too well, so WG thought, lets sell it in a bundle! Because people somehow see those bundles as something that is sold for a limited time, and suddenly they want to have it!

Those bundles are useful only for people that play regularly (like me) but my problem is that I just cannot afford to pay so much money because I just want the ship (best example is the Tirpitz)

I played a few low tier games yesterday and I saw A LOT of those halloween skins. Unfortunately newbies were buying them as 100% more xp seems amazing, even though you can be done with a low tier in 10-20 battles, and is just not worth it, but I guess it seemed like "a must have" for them and so we had newbies buying and spending a lot of gold for those skins (again a success for WG) as WG probably aimed for new players to spend their gold on those skins.

As for those preorder ships, exclusive means (afaik) something that is available ONE TIME only,  and it DID SAY THAT when we were buying the bundles, but I guess they were being sold quite well, so WG suddenly changed their mind (lied and tricked us who bought the bundle) and they will be on sale again, because what it seems, they are just too greedy!

Anyway, it seems to me that WG is trying to get rid of us, customers that cannot give them a lot of money...

I complain about the cost of fuel but I still buy that

You need the fuel for normal life and work, as well as food. You don't need premium ships in video game. See the difference? If you buy them, it's only your choice. Do you send rant emails to petrol companies?

To OP:

I'm having hard time to understand the point of such discussions. Everything is very simple, basic economy law - offer and demand. As long as there is enough demand for bundles, WG will be selling them. Why to earn less money if you can earn more? Sometimes I have impression only kids are on this forum, who have never bought anything in real life. OMG I want virtual ship but its too expensive, I can't afford it!! Well, welcome to the real life, it's not the first nor last time when you can't afford some thing, get used to it. Do you also rant on Ferrari forums you can't buy their cars because they are too expensive? You can always buy cheaper car, as well as you can always limit your stock to free to play ships only, nobody force you to buy anything after all.

Once again, very simple: as long as people buy enough bundles to make WG accountants happy, WG will be offering them, period. 20-30 ranting people at forum won't change anything. I'm really surprised it's so hard to understand for some people.

2 people like this

let me just say before people think I am ranting about having to buy a premium ship I am not

I am saying I wish I could buy the ship in game for doubloons even if I had to wait a few weeks or a month or so

I am not happy about buying the "packages" but that's my choice and I am happy with 2 of the packages I bought but not a third as the ship was awful

what I do not like is how setting these packages at high price is making the player base community into a "your a idiot for funding wg ect ect because you bought a package and its people like you who keep it like it is"

we are all here to play a game we enjoy and all that seems to be happening is the people who cannot afford to buy "packages" or the high tier premium ships are getting forgotten by wg as a customer

this makes a lot of these players fed up seeing wg release another high price package and people still willing to buy them

I have not bought the latest package as I feel it is worse than ever of a rip off

Here have my +1.

Regarding the issues you mentioned, there are only three ways about it.

1. Stop spending money.

-This will probably do nothing because for everyone not spending money there will be someone who will do it, so the impact will be minimal.

2. Stop playing the game.

-More or less the same as above, because WG is already counting on many people spending money and leaving the game soon after.

3.Involve the media.

-Negative and positive media exposure in any form will probably produce more results than anything we can do on this forum.

Edited by Anulmentor

1 person likes this

You need the fuel for normal life and work, as well as food. You don't need premium ships in video game. See the difference? If you buy them, it's only your choice. Do you send rant emails to petrol companies?

To OP:

I'm having hard time to understand the point of such discussions. Everything is very simple, basic economy law - offer and demand. As long as there is enough demand for bundles, WG will be selling them. Why to earn less money if you can earn more? Sometimes I have impression only kids are on this forum, who have never bought anything in real life. OMG I want virtual ship but its too expensive, I can't afford it!! Well, welcome to the real life, it's not the first nor last time when you can't afford some thing, get used to it. Do you also rant on Ferrari forums you can't buy their cars because they are too expensive? You can always buy cheaper car, as well as you can always limit your stock to free to play ships only, nobody force you to buy anything after all.

Once again, very simple: as long as people buy enough bundles to make WG accountants happy, WG will be offering them, period. 20-30 ranting people at forum won't change anything. I'm really surprised it's so hard to understand for some people.

Sorry, no offense intended, but you are not just having a hard time, you don´t get my point, or one of the major points of this discussion at all.

I am not complaining about not being able to afford a bundle or two (which, however, seems to be kind of any issue in other regions, as Troublemaker_CRO poitns out, where such a bundle makes up 10% of an average months salery!).

If we would like to stick with your Ferrari comparison: just imagine you got the money to buy yourself a Ferrari "la Ferrari", one of these ultra rare, 1000000 EUR beauties, but Ferrari tells you:" Well, we got this nice, shiny Ferrari "La Ferrari", but if you want to buy it, you will only be allowed to do so with this bundle! Which bundle, you ask? Well, this Ferrari, plus this nice and shiny garage (oh, you got a garage? well, it doesn´t matter, you have to buy this anyway, because we want it that way!), plus this 30 days ship cruise (oh, you don´t have holiday to make use of it? well, you have to buy it anyway, because we want it that way!) and this wonderfull set of Race-track decorations, racing suits and pit-box race equipment (oh, you don´t have a racetrack or racing team? Well, you have to buy it anyway, because we want it that way!)!, But hey, don´t despair, we give you a nice 7% disount on the whole bundle!"

Suddenly, the nice and shiny Ferrari "La Ferrari" you want to buy, which would probably cost 1.000.000 EUR, is around 1.300.000 EUR. Of course, if you don´t care, you pay those 300.000€ for stuff you don´t want, but everyone else would probably say: Hey for those 300.000 EUR of extra charge, i could buy myself a Ferrari 458 Spider aswell! That would probably be a reason to go to the Ferrari Forums and complain...

You got the picture?

Ferrari = rare premium ship; garage = port slot; ship cruise = premium time; racetrack decoration and equipment = flaggs and premium consumables.

I don´t have to buy the Ferrari, but maybe i´d like to. And, since i am a fan of Ferrari, i´d rather prefer to buy another Ferrari for the spare 300.000 EUR, than all those goodies. Or i want to save those 300.000 EUR.

Anyway, if Ferrari would want to make money by selling cars, they would be a winner if i buy the single Ferrari or the La Ferrari and the Spider. However, if i feel some kind of ripped-off or just don´t like the offer, keep my money and go on with my gratis Ferrari, Ferrari is the looser of the situation.

Edited by Vaderan

the goal of this discussion should be a serious exchange with WG

For the discussion we need two sides. The other one is not very interested, considering that the topic was talked many many times and if i remember correctly we only got one very ridiculous post from Ectar in the response.

Other important thing i want to hear the answer is issue of not getting anything to buy for dubloons.

Btw. Hello, MrConway, i see that you are reading this thread, can you say something about the issue? We may be the venting minority, but those things may escalate quickly and unexpectedly if ignored.

what I do not like is how setting these packages at high price is making the player base community into a "your a idiot for funding wg ect ect because you bought a package and its people like you who keep it like it is"

But why would you care what some anonymous people in internet think and say about you? If you like the package you buy it, if you don't like don't buy it, simple as that. It's only your decision what do you want to do with your money and how do you want to play this game, with premium ships or without them. Why opinion of some low education level people (i assume nobody with proper education would call you an idiot) should matter at all, should influence your decisions? I for one don't care at all, I bought Murmansk, Tirpitz and Fujin packages. Why? Because I wanted to. 

Sorry, no offense intended,

None taken, don't worry.

If we would like to stick with your Ferrari comparison: just imagine you got the money to buy yourself a Ferrari "la Ferrari", one of these ultra rare, 1000000 EUR beauties, but Ferrari tells you:" Well, we got this nice, shiny Ferrari "La Ferrari", but if you want to buy it, you will only be allowed to do so with this bundle! Which bundle, you ask? Well, this Ferrari, plus this nice and shiny garage (oh, you got a garage? well, it doesn´t matter, you have to buy this anyway, because we want it that way!), plus this 30 days ship cruise (oh, you don´t have holiday to make use of it? well, you have to buy it anyway, because we want it that way!) and this wonderfull set of Race-track decorations, racing suits and pit-box race equipment (oh, you don´t have a racetrack or racing team? Well, you have to buy it anyway, because we want it that way!)!, But hey, don´t despair, we give you a nice 7% disount on the whole bundle!"

Suddenly, the nice and shiny Ferrari "La Ferrari" you want to buy, which would probably cost 1.000.000 EUR, is around 1.300.000 EUR. Of course, if you don´t care, you pay those 300.000€ for stuff you don´t want, but everyone else would probably say: Hey for those 300.000 EUR of extra charge, i could buy myself a Ferrari 458 Spider aswell! That would probably be a reason to go to the Ferrari Forums and complain...

You got the picture?

Yes I got, since the first post. OK, imagine there is only 50 pieces of that ultrarare 1.000.000 EUR car. Ferrari wants to sell it in bundle, 1.300.000 EUR, and there is 40 people who don't mind the bundle and want to buy it, and 10 ranting about overpriced car with extra stuff they don't really need. So what do you think Ferrari would do, if they can earn 300.000 EUR extra on each sale? Listen to that 10 ranting people who claim to be the voice of whole Ferrari users community, or earn 12.000.000 EUR extra?

For me it's simple - if i can afford it and really want that car (or virtual ship) then I will buy it. If i can't afford it or think it's overpriced, i don't buy it, what is so complicated in this? I can live without Ferrari, as well as I can live without pixel ship.

Nice that this topic is brought back. 

It being junked was really revolting (and said a lot about WG politic.) 

3 people like this

I hope for WG's sake they get no competitor because i know i would leave faster then you can spend doblouns in this game.

i think i will spend the doubloons in my port and when they are gone, im gone.

Rather wait for a competitor that isnt trying to rob you at every possible opportunity.