Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pernumbra

Atago bundle

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
131 posts
273 battles
Okay, maths may be a bit rusty, but are you lying to us?

Atago costs GBP 28.76 (this includes port slot too).

5000 doubloons cost GBP 14.64 (2x2500 doubloon packs) or GBP 13.36 (5000 doubloons of a 5500 doubloon pack).

7 days premium time is free (*see below).

So either total cost of GBP 43.40 or GBP42.32

How is GBP 40.65 for this package a saving of 7% in either case? In fact, GBP 40.65 is only a 6.7% saving on the quoted pre-saving price of GBP 43.57 you are using.

*Free time. You need to word your advert better as "By grabbing this bundle, you aren´t only getting the mighty Atago with a Port slot, but also an allowance of 5,000 Doubloons and 7 days of Premium Account completely free of charge." could be interpreted as the doubloons AND premium time are free!
  • Cool 4

Players
377 posts
4,311 battles

Not a single bundle or special in the shop is saving really. Its amazing, I know. Not to mention they never have big sales. It seams incoms are good. Im happy with just buying premiums monthly but not for too long as I dont want to spend a little fortune on just one game. There are other games too I enjoy for much less.....

thanks

Edited by Tvrdi1976

Players
366 posts
13,655 battles

I'd actually quite like to get the Atago, but I'm not remotely tempted by this so-called 'deal'. I don't want a crappy bundle, I'll wait for a real Atago deal - i.e. the ship & port slot, with no extra crap thrown in, at a genuine discount.

Beta Tester
279 posts
2,318 battles

Bundles are all a rip off..never buy bundles..personally I don't buy anything anymore until WG gets rid of their idiotic and greedy money making schemes.

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,236 posts
8,794 battles

Bundles are all a rip off..never buy bundles..personally I don't buy anything anymore until WG gets rid of their idiotic and greedy money making schemes.

Well, according to Ectar, there is supposed to be an "experiment" on World of Tanks where they will see what is more profitable, but I've yet to see it happen (three more "speshul" bundles from the post date to today):

There is some good suggestions about other packages and that's been passed on, we're looking to add some more new content in the future and ships like the Warspite and Tirpitz when on sale at a later date, may be offered for just the ship price alone.  With World of Tanks also we're seeing a request for vehicle only packages along side vehicle packages with additional content (whilst I appreciate many players feel it's over priced, many other players enjoy the additional content).   It's never easy to strike a balance and with Tanks at least we'll be offering 2 packages soon. One will have just a tank and the other will have a tanks and additional content.  We'll then be able to see the results afterwards regarding which option was more favourable which may affect future offers.  We're always keen to give players more options, we're just sadly limited sometimes regarding what's available.

• Cool 1

[XFS]
Players
207 posts
19,340 battles

True Story

One time I saw in a pub they advertised lighters at the bar 30p each or 3 for a £1

You would be suprised how many people actualy said I have 3 :D

Basicaly people dont look into the costs before bying these packages,Its good that someone brings it up Thanks

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

With World of Tanks also we're seeing a request for vehicle only packages along side vehicle packages with additional content (whilst I appreciate many players feel it's over priced, many other players enjoy the additional content).

Someone really requested to have those bundles? Someone really requested to have ONLY those bundles instead of having a choice? Even in WoT? I dare anyone to find just a one such serious request. Otherwise, it's just flat lie.

• Cool 3

Players
243 posts

Okay, maths may be a bit rusty, but are you lying to us?

Atago costs GBP 28.76 (this includes port slot too).
5000 doubloons cost GBP 14.64 (2x2500 doubloon packs) or GBP 13.36 (5000 doubloons of a 5500 doubloon pack).
7 days premium time is free (*see below).

So either total cost of GBP 43.40 or GBP42.32

How is GBP 40.65 for this package a saving of 7% in either case? In fact, GBP 40.65 is only a 6.7% saving on the quoted pre-saving price of GBP 43.57 you are using.

*Free time. You need to word your advert better as "By grabbing this bundle, you aren´t only getting the mighty Atago with a Port slot, but also an allowance of 5,000 Doubloons and 7 days of Premium Account completely free of charge." could be interpreted as the doubloons AND premium time are free!

Well either the person who wrote the news piece is illiterate or they are just lying about what is on offer. 

but also an allowance of 5,000 Doubloons and 7 days of Premium Account completely free of charge.

That says to me you are paying for the ship and port slot but the Doubloons and premium account are free. If that is the case why is the bundle nearly £12 more expensive than the ship?

It would be nice if they just slapped a 10% discount on the ship and port, it's not a lot of money but it is far more honest than these crappy specials. 

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,236 posts
8,794 battles

It would be nice if they just slapped a 10% discount on the ship and port, it's not a lot of money but it is far more honest than these crappy specials. 

The sad truth is that I would probably buy the ship if that were the case. Now, I'll just wait until a decent special or when I can use my purchased gold, as was originally promised but later backed down upon due to economic money-grab reasons.

Beta Tester
2,287 posts
11,047 battles

I just hope if we are going to have a Tirpitz (or any other ship really) sale on Christmas and that it's not a bundle

In WoT we had AMAZING discounts last Christmas, on almost all premium vehicles, up to 50% :coin:

Edited by Troublemaker_CRO

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

In WoT we had AMAZING discounts last Christmas, on almost all premium vehicles, up to 50% :coin:

Still think we will have those here? Like Mikasa with 2000 gold base cost and 20 euro bundle... great example of differences - SECOND tier 1/3 more expensive than FIFTH tier in WoT (not even counting the excess garbage, only base cost). Not a single discount since open beta began. Not a single premium ship that went to ingame store. Well, hope dies last, although recent bundles in WoT seems to indicate that, if anything, it's not WoWs that is going to get more player-friendly, it's WoT that is changing into hardcore milking mode.

[E-R-A]
Beta Tester
324 posts
9,404 battles

Their sales are being dictated by their accountants. With projected forcast etc, coupled with market forces they have boxed themselves into a position of gouging their playerbase for maximum returns.

WG need to realise these 'products' cost virtually £0.00p to make,, and while there might be those who really dgaf about spending money, those that do are where the real money is and are the only real customer base that will dictate if this game is a success or not.

Players
243 posts

Their sales are being dictated by their accountants. With projected forcast etc, coupled with market forces they have boxed themselves into a position of gouging their playerbase for maximum returns.

WG need to realise these 'products' cost virtually £0.00p to make,, and while there might be those who really dgaf about spending money, those that do are where the real money is and are the only real customer base that will dictate if this game is a success or not.

Yes and no the state of the Russian economy means bad things for most companies over there. So yes they are price gouging the EU and other markets. The ships do cost money to make, man hours etc but premium time and doubloons are as you said free and probably their biggest money maker. 

Unfortunately there are a lot of people with addictive personalities who play free to play games and these are their biggest customers. Then again I once dumped £15000 into my cars engine alone. 

Players
124 posts
5,202 battles

It's one of the 'better' bundles they have done tbh, but the advertising spiel is still misleading and using rounding to make the deal sound better than it is (honestly I am surprised the saving wasn't 6.5% rounded up to maximise the nickel and diming).

It. Would. Be. Nice. To. Get. Some. Decent. Offers.

Beta Tester
131 posts
273 battles

So I have asked some friends and they think that the text is lying as the text currently reads/implies that the Premium time and doubloons should be free...

If they had some English speakers... Oh wait, they do... If they had some QC... Oh wait, they do (all the proofreading is their excuse for the lateness of nearly everything)...

Simple old me would have simply swapped "but also" and "and" around. I would also have said 6% discount.

Both those changes would then make the statement and offer true and not obvious LIES... (Unlike the SOON™ that really means sometime within infinity and beyond).

Example;

Before;

"By grabbing this bundle, you aren´t only getting the mighty Atago with a Port slot, but also an allowance of 5,000 Doubloons and 7 days of Premium Account completely free of charge."

After

"By grabbing this bundle, you aren´t only getting the mighty Atago with a Port slot , but also and an allowance of 5,000 Doubloons and but also 7 days of Premium Account completely free of charge." (You could even put "a bonus of" after the "but also" to make it really obvious it is a bonus).

Unless, of course, the original text is not a lie, and then why are they charging so much for the package? Not to mention what that would do to the claimed "discount"!

Also, you do not round UP when you are quoting a discount - that would then mean you would have to offer the higher amount (but, I guess, only if WG obeyed laws).

Showing them the simple fix will probably also not get me even any thanks...

In fact, I guess this will now be scrapped as it will be construed as breaking EULA rather than pointing out the breaking of various state's laws...

• Cool 1

Players
1,473 posts

True Story

One time I saw in a pub they advertised lighters at the bar 30p each or 3 for a £1

You would be suprised how many people actualy said I have 3 :D

Basicaly people dont look into the costs before bying these packages,Its good that someone brings it up Thanks

Oh :( i got 6...Was i conned :unsure:

Beta Tester
132 posts
7,726 battles

I ask myself why they don't do sales like WoT on ships alone IN GAME ... 

Sign in to follow this