Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Simpson2142

Possibility for future CV loadouts?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
69 posts

Hello chaps

After watching some game play footage of the Halloween Phantom Fortress CV, I noticed that the squadrons were laid out very differently to the current system for both IJN and US CV's. (image below)

carrier.png

Instead of all types of squadrons having an even number of planes, they varied quite considerably.

2 fighter squadrons (1 plane per squadron)

1 torpedo squadron ( 4 planes per squadron)

1 dive bomber squadron (7 planes per squadron)

And to be honest, I think this system should be implemented on all current CV's. 

Reasons:

Having 1 fighter per squadron still gives them the ability to disrupt striker aircraft by dispersing their attack formations, but at the same time doesn't overpower the fighters to the extent that a CV with a strike loadout is going to get grounded by a CV with a fighter loadout. Therefore having no chance to earn any XP.

Having 4 planes to a torpedo squadron with the US CV attack spread falls nicely between the 'widespread 4 torp IGN spread where your'e lucky to get 2 hits, and the tight 6 torp US spread which completely wrecks a ship'.

And finally giving divebombers that 1 extra plane will give a much needed buff to their effectiveness in battle. They're not high damage aircraft like torp bombers, but accumulate their worth in fire damage and implications. Having that 1 extra plane increases the chances of causing these.

Just my opinion of course, but I'd be curious to know what you guys think. :)

carrier.png

Beta Tester
133 posts
1,484 battles

I agree, and I think that was a test run from WG to test the custom fleets, bombs and torpedoes configuration (in the event the 4 torpedoes have a very tight spread, 2 torpedoes are aligned in the middle and they seem to have a very long range).

I hope that is the sign that indeed the inversed spread of IJN CV will come in 0.5.1... cross the fingers guys!

Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
10,008 battles

2 fighter squadrons (1 plane per squadron)

One fighter is almost useless to fight with enemy bombers. And if someone is playing fully bombers and with no fighters then it's his fault if he gets 0 xp because there is someone with brain and plays with fighters.

Beta Tester
69 posts

Disagree.

Just give that single fighter more health points so he can disrupt them for longer, problem solved.

And if anything I find it's the fighter load outs which require the 'less brain' out of the two. Simply pointing and clicking your planes to a target is what I find mind numbing, especially if your opponent also has a fighter set up. (oh I've killed his fighter, now he's killed mine, now I've killed his, now he's killed mine. Back to reload, rinse, repeat) 

Sign in to follow this