Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_x_Acheron_x_

I don't understand how smoke can be one way.

9 comments in this topic

Players
484 posts
6,096 battles

Played a game at tier 3, Kolberg vs Kolberg on Islands.

Enemy destroyer pops smoke inbetween us but then gets taken out by someone else.

Enemy Kolberg disappears into the smoke and proceeds to keep me spotted and hits me probably 50-60 times until I finally see him when he drifts out of the other side. How can he see out and I cant see in? I on't understand. I can even see where his guns are firing from, but it's hard to aim here not knowing speed and distance.

[CAIN]
Players
5,198 posts
24,777 battles

It's not oneway.

The reason he was able to shell you is because you were spotted by someone else.

What one team member sees, all team members in the vacinity see.

Edited by Jethro_Grey
  • Cool 2

Players
949 posts
4,642 battles

You are right in the case that he can't see you, but you stay visible (spotted) for him, if someone else from his team has a clear view on you (could also be a plane)

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,524 battles

Read this: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/14258-basics-spotting-mechanics/

• Cool 1

Players
484 posts
6,096 battles

It's not oneway.

The reason he was able to shell you is because you were spotted by someone else.

What one team member sees, all team members in the vacinity see.

That's just silly in my opinion. We're talking about ships from the 1930's, not modern day warships with GPS tracking and multi target acquisition.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

It's a game, and it's been like this since at least closed beta.

I expect a pro player like you to know this things

• Cool 1

Players
171 posts
1,317 battles

That's just silly in my opinion. We're talking about ships from the 1930's, not modern day warships with GPS tracking and multi target acquisition.

Dude.. This is a max arcade game, nothing in this game is realistic except for the look of the ships.

If you can't accpet this I don't know why you keep playing the game..

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
33,572 battles

I think you are misunderstanding spotting. Imagine your ship and the enemies ship in the distance, they cannot see you directly, but in between you and the enemy is an enemy ship who can see you and is relaying your location to the fellow enemy who cannot see you directly, This is how it did work so in effect what we have currently is pretty good. yes, it is annoying but then again the boot is on the other foot when you can see an enemy and they cannot see you for exactly the same reasons we are describing here.

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,524 battles

Google Range Clock.

Sign in to follow this