Sign in to follow this  
Captain__Picard

Air Superiority Carrier Loadout - Fun Police

6 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
294 battles

So I really enjoyed my time with the Langley, 2 squadrons of arguably the only useful planes, Torps and Fighters.

I'd come up against other Langley's and Hosho's, so either fighting on complete fair ground with a Langley, or have a slight advantage with air superiority against a Hosho. (Only 4 planes in a fighter squadron)

Now I have my Bogue, I'm having a completely horrible and distasteful time, causing me to Alt F4 in many of my games to save me pulling out more hair. 

I was excited to get the bogue, I was excited because I had such a fun time in my Langley, the Bogue has a fun class and introduces dive bombers.

The Bogue's 2 fighter squadron class is unplayable against with the 1 torp and 2 dive bomber class.

Fighter loadout = Less XP for player using the class as they can't do ANYWHERE near as much damage as they can with torpedo's. 

Fighter loadout is impossible to play against with 1 fighter 1 torp OR 2 bomber 1 torp.

Please don't tell me to use friendly AA cover or to simply not go anywhere near the enemy fighters.

The fighters are faster, more agile, there's 12 of them in the air at any given point and battleship/cruiser/destroyer AA is nowhere near powerful enough to prevent replaceable losses. 

What tipped me over the edge to make this thread was being paired up against 2 Bogue's as a lone damage loadout Bogue.

That's 2 dive bombers (fairly useless if you ask me) and 1 torp squad against 4 fighter squadrons. 

Once I saw this I simply kept my planes in my carrier, sat my carrier in the corner of the map and waited.. soon enough the enemy carriers start complaining I'm not sending out my planes, I argue back that I don't fancy suiciding my planes and that they should stop using a fun police loadout. 

Because that's what the fighter loadout is at this tier. 

Anti fun for competitor 

Less XP for both sides

Less Damage for both sides 

Horrible. 

Players
3 posts
294 battles

70 views no reply?

No one else has an opinion on 2 fighters being both unprofitable for the user and completely game breaking for when you play against it without fighters, or even with just 1 fighter squad.

[-RFA-]
Alpha Tester
238 posts
19,131 battles

Not really... This has been covered quit a lot!
Basic, planes arn't really worth it xp or credit wise, and that is a shame... But it also has to be said, your post does nothing! It is just a complaint, why should we take notise when you only cover an issue in that you dissaprove of an aspect of the game?

I am pretty sure that I know what you wanted, and I agree that fighters should give CV's more xp/credits for killing enemy planes... But all that has already been covered in other topics. It is important to mention it for the developers, but you have to come with you solution to the problem, or atleast cover some of the problems you would like to change, and not "just" say that you don't approve

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
2,543 posts
15,306 battles

For OP.

3e3.jpg

But yeah, fighter loadout ruins the fun of USN strike loadouts. IJN have the speed advantage so their planescan play tag with the enemy fighters and win if you can fool the other CV player. This can work too with USN but you need to keep track of where are the enemy fighters, strike at unprotected places fast and retire before they can arrive.

Players
3 posts
294 battles

I am pretty sure that I know what you wanted, and I agree that fighters should give CV's more xp/credits for killing enemy planes... But all that has already been covered in other topics. It is important to mention it for the developers, but you have to come with you solution to the problem, or atleast cover some of the problems you would like to change, and not "just" say that you don't approve

There's not a huge amount I can think to fix it, other than more versatile loadouts, or simply match making intrigating the loadouts when it matches carriers.

2 fighter loadout cv's VS 2 torpedo dive bomber loadout cv's... Which I've had happen to me before would be a thing of the past. 

If I join a game with my Bogue (which at the moment I'm having a horrible time with) and as far as I can see the next carrier up will be just as painful I can already tell if I'm going to have a good game or bad game from the enemy carriers loadout.

If they bring the double fighters there's almost nothing I can do, their main objective with the loadout is to hunt and seek out enemy planes, so they can just do that the entire game. I won't get anywhere close to the enemy.

Even if I bring them over friendly low tier AA cover It's not enough, not at this tier. 

Hit and run also doesn't work as they can just move from side side of the map following my planes trajectory. 

Players
71 posts
4,119 battles

Dunno if this is a solution to your problem, but when i am divisioned up with my carrier friend, i play an atlanta, we try to get the fights to happen over my atlanta, after a few encounters the enemy carrier is low on planes and the problem is solved.

it isn't easy to do, but very satisfactory when you pull it off.

So i have found that it is matter of teamwork, so my advice find a friendly US cruiser to partner up with and work on your coordination.

Bazzarac

Masta Slacka

Sign in to follow this