Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WWladCZ

Bogue

8 comments in this topic

Players
200 posts
9,103 battles

How do I use this CV properly? What setup to use? I'm pretty lost in this since Langley was just straight upgrade Bogue seems to have multiple options.

Beta Tester
2,287 posts
11,047 battles

If you want to shoot down planes and make opponent carriers that play full strike setup cry, than choose the one with more fighters (2 fighter and 1 bomber squad), or if you want to go full attack (no fighters) than you get 2 bombers and 1 torpedo bomber squad

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
2,543 posts
15,306 battles

I'd say use the 1 fighter, 1 torp bomber set-up but you need to learn how to use the strafe ability of the fighters.

You'll still be fucked if you get an enemy CV with air superiority setup.

Players
8 posts
7,995 battles

For me this cv is worst around - you get good air superiority (best around, not worth it on higher tiers...) only if you forget about strike craft - bombers suck big time...

My advice is this:

If you have people to play with, i would go air superiority setup and defend them from enemy strikes, if not, just get starting setup to advance to higher tier torping people around under fighter cover...

In case you are feeling lucky, go with strike version - if didnt work for me thou.

If I were you, I would not sell Langley - best US CV for gold farming... But even better, stick to Hosho, like my game from few minutes before (yes, prem account...) I play one of such games, and then I can afford loosing money on tier 8 (and earning for my tier 9 cvs...)

last_game.jpg

Edited by KudrigY_Inc

[RN]
Alpha Tester
921 posts

so you had bad cv against

when i was playin bogue i used 2x fighter 1x diver flight deck and usually matched against 2 cvs and they

maybe managed to score 5-10 hits together

[POMF]
Players
513 posts
12,839 battles

Never use 2/0/1 u wont do damage, after all ships are the one who kill bogues, not planes. Stick with either 1/1/0 or 0/1/2. Most the time its worthless to go full fightersetup; it gives u less xp and credits. Also if the enemy is rather bad u wont achieve much with fighter since he might be slready so bad that he cannot hit properly - and so not beeing  a target.

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,044 battles

Would suggest 1/1/0, for the next 3 tiers all you will get in terms of strike power is 1 torp squad and 1 bomber unless you go strike, and this sucks, so to maximise the exp you will get grinding this line, you need to get really good at point blank torping, having the fighters will help buy time to prepare for the drop while you practice. Once you get to the independence you should have enough skill to use strike as you can quickly drop the bombs and get point blank torps off while outplaying the enemies fighter groups maximising your exp.

Another very effective (and a tad cheap) tactic is to drop the bombs on some and hope for a fire, wait 9-10 km off with your torps until they put out the fire, then hit them with the torps and let that glorious flooding take thousands of hitpoints off them for free, you can only start doing this at t6+ but its a good tactic to know.

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
2,543 posts
15,306 battles

Another very effective (and a tad cheap) tactic is to drop the bombs on some and hope for a fire, wait 9-10 km off with your torps until they put out the fire, then hit them with the torps and let that glorious flooding take thousands of hitpoints off them for free, you can only start doing this at t6+ but its a good tactic to know.

It's not cheap, it's basic CV tactic, specially for IJN CVs.

If you are using 0,1,2 it's actually better to connect 1 or 2 torps that cause flooding and after being repaired launch your DB: 2 fires deal more damage than flooding and with 12 DB launched over him it's almost guaranteed you'll get 2 fires going and very likely you get 3, 4 if you are lucky.

Sign in to follow this