Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
simonmd

A real BAD time to be new at this game!

37 comments in this topic

Players
801 posts
1,673 battles

I've been about for a while but it occurred to me that any new players are going to get their backsides handed to them in the next few days. Tons of very experienced WoWs players will be coming down from T6+ matches to see what the new Russian and German ships are about, while new players who barely know how to operate any ships will be up against vastly higher skilled captains! 

To anyone who is brand new, Dont loose heart...... 

• Cool 4

[SV2]
Beta Tester
235 posts
2,724 battles

Well new players will have up to tier 3 to get used to the game. This is because its only first at tier 3 the new russian ships is starting to get fun while its at tier 6 the germans are getting fun to play.

• Cool 1

Players
801 posts
1,673 battles

Huh? I think you missunderstand my point. I was just commenting on the fact that anyone who is brand new to WoWs playing these lines will not be playing with just people with similar experience, they will also be playing all of us who have maybe even played right upto T10 and have also been playing for months. Therefore, it will be alot harder for a total NEWB now than it was a few days ago, thats all. No need to get all defensive and give me a neg vote!!!

[CATCH]
Beta Tester
181 posts
16,457 battles

That will be the case for this week only. By next week, the experiance players will all be back up to Tier IV+. It doesn't take long to level up low teir ships.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,389 battles

Oh yes. Seal clubbing. I might have taken St. Louis out in random today and got 4k XP.

I am a bad person.

Anyway I'm grinding to tier V mostly in co op to avoid this very point.

• Cool 1

Players
406 posts
6,492 battles

There are no "tons" of experienced players. The majority of the base is absolutely braindead having no clue about this game (saw a player with 2,4k games shooting with Karlsruhe a Langley for about 3 minutes with AP from 8km. I could tell the whole night what i experienced today.).

This day has been a full waste of time for me personally. Teams dying away within 5-7 minutes and so. No way to influence the game.

This game is so easy to understand, but still people are completely unable to even get the basics.

If human race disappears one day, there's no doubt why.

• Cool 3

Players
245 posts

Oh yes. Seal clubbing. I might have taken St. Louis out in random today and got 4k XP.

I am a bad person.

You bad bad person you, go stand in the corner. :D

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,052 posts
8,765 battles

I am a bad person.

Heh... After seeing what a single St. Louis can do to the hordes of Kolbergs and Dresdens, I was quite tempted myself. The single St. Louis on either teams tends to do insanely well. I have even seen Auroras out to take advantage of this.

It's like the crocodiles waiting for the wildebeests to cross the river.:D

wFH4JVF.jpg

Sorry, I just had to put this bad Paint image together... I'll go and splash cold water in my face until the urge to repeat the offence is gone.:hiding:

Edited by Unintentional_submarine
  • Cool 5

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,052 posts
8,765 battles

Yep. Until I remembered Kolberg can run away from St. Louis and get out of range.

Yeah, but she is not that much faster and St. Louis has longer range and better ballistics. My experience is that running away isn't a solution, only running hard for cover works. On Islands a St. Louis pretty much chased me all across the map with my ducking behind islands all along the way. It wasn't pretty. In the end I got some assistance and we took him down.

Players
743 posts

I thought it would be a great day to take my St Louis out.

But my average damage is down and my win rate is about the same as usual in it.

The main reasong for my average damage being down, is that there aren't any big fat slow BB's for me to pump HE into. Those German cruisers are lot trickier to hit and they have fewer hitpoints.

[KLUNJ]
Players
2,866 posts

Heh... After seeing what a single St. Louis can do to the hordes of Kolbergs and Dresdens, I was quite tempted myself. The single St. Louis on either teams tends to do insanely well. I have even seen Auroras out to take advantage of this.

It's like the crocodiles waiting for the wildebeests to cross the river.:D

wFH4JVF.jpg

Sorry, I just had to put this bad Paint image together... I'll go and splash cold water in my face until the urge to repeat the offence is gone.:hiding:

Ah, but the crocodile only gets one, the rest get away. :rolleyes:

[SPUDS]
Players
625 posts
14,644 battles

Next week? Already have the germans & russians at Tier 4. Doesnt take long. I would not see it so negative. They dont have it harder, they can see what is possible. And no, that was not meant as sarcasm.

Beta Tester
704 posts
2,406 battles

In all my time, I have never seen anything like this, so many utterly clueless arseholes in every game. Always on my team. Every single game, its a lemming train to the off to the left.

Rant over.

Players
308 posts
7,788 battles

Well new players will have up to tier 3 to get used to the game. This is because its only first at tier 3 the new russian ships is starting to get fun while its at tier 6 the germans are getting fun to play.

nope the Orlan is a very good ship I am 2+ kills a game in it.

The Hermelin has a big citadel as well if you get from the side and your shell are dropping in to the deck.

I not had this fun for a long time.

Beta Tester
790 posts
1,808 battles

The fact that low tiers are filled with people who doesn't even know the basics shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone. When I go into low tiers I fully expect general chaos and disorder, acts of extreme stupidity and games where it doesn't matter what you're doing, it has no impact on the outcome. That way I'm never dissapointed and just enjoy the craziness. What is alot more disturbing is when you encounter players doing that same assortment of stupid things in a mid-high tier ship and when you look him up he has 2k battles with a 32% WR and 300 avg xp. I mean, how do you keep grinding the game over and over when you are obviously that bad and incapable of improving?

Beta Tester
346 posts
8,777 battles

i did notice that, people doing all the tricks you learn in high tiers which you typically don't see in low tiers.

i actually noticed a very high number of St.Luis players today, probably due to everybody grinding the German and Russian line, and them wanting to meet them 

i loved how i can spray them with HE in my Kolberg , dodge their fire, and run away, without them ever catching up to me 

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,509 posts
6,460 battles

Look at it from a diffrent point... they get to see how to play from players that know the game.... I remember in my young days in WoT when i would die (normaly quite fast) i would watch other players by spectate and see what things they did ... what worked what failed and picked up quite a few good tips and places on the map to fight from.... same thing with WoWS  :)

[33AD]
[33AD]
Beta Tester
135 posts

I've been about for a while but it occurred to me that any new players are going to get their backsides handed to them in the next few days. Tons of very experienced WoWs players will be coming down from T6+ matches to see what the new Russian and German ships are about, while new players who barely know how to operate any ships will be up against vastly higher skilled captains! 

To anyone who is brand new, Dont loose heart...... 

Nice post and advice.

May I add/offer PVE Games perfect to get used to new ships and learn their strengths and weaknesses before going into Random battles against potentially more experienced players.

I am a bad person.

"Seal Clubbing" is only a state of the mind ..........

Remember Puggy

There is ALWAYS a Bigger Seal with a Bigger Club :P

Regards Angel

[TAKEN]
Players
37,179 posts
18,452 battles

Do not worry.

The performance of most players is around beginner level.

Therefore new players will not face a big challenge.

Players
135 posts
3,716 battles

Let us just hope that new players learn from some of the (few) good players grinding the new lines..

Don't hide at the back thinking you will be able to get 4+ easy kills at the end. Think of the team > yourself ( Try to, few does). Consider your role > just pew pew pewing.

The game could be so much more fun, but sadly poor skilled players are preventing that...

Beta Tester
704 posts
2,406 battles

You don't see lemming trains at low tiers, it's always the mid tiers. The average new player actually seems to be far less stupid than the average Tier 6 player.

Sign in to follow this