MrConway

German Cruiser Feedback

332 posts in this topic

Please leave your feedback regarding the new German cruisers here.

Königsberg:

Feels like an up-tiered Phoenix:

Pros:

Very good range

Very good accuracy

Good RoF

Cons:

Armor is non-existent

Engine damage is extereme, compared to Omaha, where I was loosing my stearing gear atleast once every other game, in this ship it's the engine (like seriously, once my captain sneezed on the bridge and the enginge 'sploded! :trollface:)

Poor HE damage & fire chance

9 people like this

I can confirm everything Spartakus said. But I think one particular thing needs to be addressed ASAP. HE shells damage od main guns in german crusisers upt to tier7.

On example, Konigsberg (which I tested) has 1700 of HP damage with HE shells (150mm guns) while IJN destroyer of tier 5 has 2000 HP damage with HE shells (120mm guns). Bigger caliber, same type of shells, less damage.

Edited by Tvrdi1976

1 person likes this

The tier 2 & 3:

Good RoF.

HORRIBLE HE dmg.

Can barely penetrate a DD/CL using AP rounds at close range.

Fairly fast and mobile.

No armor and HP.

Range is decent, but not great.

Chance for fire is abysmal, even the high RoF makes it hard to set a BB on fire.

The engine gets blown out constantly, a DD probaly have it happening less times in a game.

6 people like this

The higher tiers at the very least need better HE shell stats, it's a major major drawback of the line at the moment.

2 people like this

If you feel you have good constructive feedback on German cruisers please leave them in this thread.

As you wish.

To paraphrase the Meth-Campaigns:

750sal.png

The rest can be found here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/34070-first-impression-of-the-new-lines/

€:

Ok this time I try to explain why this ships (Kolberg in particular) are such a horror:

Well they are crap against battleships, thats given.

The are crap against cruisers like the Saint Louis, since neither AP or HE do any damage - thats awfull.

You cant set a priority target for AA, now thats ..... surprising but since it has an AA rating of 2 with only 2 MGs ... :bajan:

So whats left then? The DDs ofc. Now crap HE dmg wont help here either, but at least the guns are fast firing, arent they?

Now lets look at this picture:

6vzsxi.png

Just to keep you informed:

This isnt max zoom ....

Nor isnt isnt it second max zoom ...

Its third third stage (two times zoom out from max) AND YET the only reason why I am hitting this Clemson is because he is straight lining, and to do that I need to lead him with 14! a number that isnt on the vanilla scope no less. 

NO WAY IN HELL this shells are just flying 5,68 seconds till impact. 

ANY destroyer captain who can use hes stearing gear can comfortly move inside your shell umbrella and if you do hit by halo-fire and chance you wont do any damage.

Edited by havaduck

Well, I'll update this post:

Tier I - Hermelin: fun ship, lacks range but shouldn't be an issue on that Tier

Tier II - Dresden: fun ship, I like it

Tier III - Kolberg: erhm what? That ship is like a Dresden 1.1 - every Tenryu / St. Louis is going to wreck you, the high RoF can't make up for the extemely small calibre of the gun, the damage is horrible.

Tier IV - not a fan, bad armor and bad damage&range

Tier V - had the opportunity to test it last week. Decent range / rof, damage per shell is really low and I think that got quite an issue when it came to fighting higher Tiers - on its Tier V it's a decent ship

Tier VI - not there yet

Tier VII - not there yet

Tier VIII - not there yet

Tier IX - not there yet

Tier X - not there yet

conclusion for now: No fun for me, won't play them. The damage and armor are just too low for my personal taste and the lower Tier ships are hurting a lot against higher Tiers.

5 people like this

I really can't see the reason for such terrible HE damage.If the AP was more powerfull then other navies then I could see the reason to nerf HE.

That would seem balanced,but to have AP pretty much the same and HE terrible that just seems an odd decision.

Plus altho the guns might have a touch better range they have a much worse concealement rating,again another oddity which doesn't balance out that well.

Another slight thing to my mind is with the concealement rating being that bad it doesn't fit that the ships seem to have less armor.

Therefore you are spotted earlier and badly hurt earlier.

Jus my thoughts folks,be gentle with me :)

Edited by Admiral_Buffoon

Hermelin - nice, but it's range could be 9,5 - 10km. Right now it's hard to come into range and not lose half HP in the process,

Dresden - shells fly long time, but it's not bad at those ranges, especially that AP can score citadels fairly easy against tier I and II

Kolberg - theoretically similar to Dresden but it's damn awful. Shells fly like on Cleveland with half the Cleveland range. And they don't do any meaningful damage. Citadels are impossible. God have mercy on anyone who encounter tier 4 ship in this crap. only good side is speed and agility. But  seriously, this is first ship in game where RoF is not very useful.

I have the very bad feelings about the Karlsruhe. Good i have lot of XP flags left.

Edit: I just met Kolberg 1 vs 1 on my Murmansk. No victory before felt that bad, it was like burning ants with magnifying glass (and i'm not usually feel anything like this even in case of one-sided massacre). And it was in his range.

Edited by Vanhal

1 person likes this

Vanhal has hit another point I forgot about.Shell trajectory.

It seems German cruisers aren't armed with guns but mortars,damn even my Cleveland captain is going "now that's bad".

1 person likes this

I have a propsotion for WG: If you really thought the German cruiser Kolberg was balanced and competitive enough to be realesed , you should be confident enough in you judgement to accept this dare:

1k dubloos for every player that played them before, if you "suddenldly" think a buff is necessary.

Shouldnt be a risk since not even a person who has been dead for 100 years can tell that whith such low hp and armor, such low shell velocity HE damage and AP penetration and such high firing arc this thing will be utter crap.

2 people like this

I have a propsotion for WG: If you really thought the German cruiser Kolberg was balanced and competitive enough to be realesed , you should be confident enough in you judgement to accept this dare:

1k dubloos for every player that played them before, if you "suddenldly" think a buff is necessary.

Shouldnt be a risk since not even a person who has been dead for 100 years can tell that whith such low hp and armor, such low shell velocity HE damage and AP penetration and such high firing arc this thing will be utter crap.

agree.

i've just free exped my way past it, simply couldn't stand that POS anymore.

1 person likes this

I didn't spend much time on Hermelin so can't say.

Dresden was ehh. Not a fan.

Kolberg is torture. I hate it. Damage too low and AP is worthless. Gets focused down really quickly by entire enemy team.

2 people like this

Tier 1,2 and 4 feels like driving a st. louis or omaha with weak guns and weaker armor (so none, actually). If you like HE-spam with barely damage, go for it.

1 person likes this

It seems that this is the general perception of the German Cruisers:

Before October 19th

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

After October 19th

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

6 people like this

Never ever had such %@$%#^^%$ games as in german cruisers. (up to tier4 atm).

I'd rather do taxes. 

4 people like this

Sorry Fingers but to really give a picture of my state of mood you just need to give the guys in the first picture some foam (around the mouth), pitchforks and torches.

1 person likes this

Well after all those comments and my experience in the Konigsberg. I think I will just give the German Cruisers a miss and continue with my other ships.

One Question though Wargaming. When we got the Konigsberg to test in the sea trials event you said that although they wont earn silver or xp you would collect the xp and place it on the Tier 1 German cruiser. well its not there so where is it?

Well the Dresden and the Kolberg are definitely fun to play, with the high range and the fast reload you can actually score a lot of hits. You'll just need to get used to the high shell arc. But i think the high tier ones will be hard to play since you can't get close to anything. The armor seems nonexistent there. Just fought against an Amdiral Hipper with my Nagato, i was about 11km away from him and scored two citadels, with two out of four shells :trollface: the sad part is, the first one hit him in the aft section on an 60 degree angle and the second one in the midsection on a 45 degree angle. Maybe i got mad lucky, but that seems way to easy, every other cruiser would have bounced atleast the 45 degree shot.... i felt really bad for the poor guy. :ohmy: The tough to crack armor part in the trailer actually seems like false advertising. I think the low tier cruisers do reasonably well, because the aren't much battleships around. As soon as they become more common and their guns get more accurate you're probably in a world of hurt.

Edited by Raven2k5

Let's be honest, most of these ships a seriously unbalanced. The lower tiers are not just unbalanced they are also considerably weaker compared to their Japanese and American counterparts.If WG really wants people to play that cruiser line then they have to do some major rebalancing, because right now there isn't even some kind of reward when you climb up the tiers. Armour stays weak and HE stays rubbish. It's just different ship, same story.....Not very motivating :(

Edited by lordofhavoc

3 people like this

Well the Dresden and the Kolberg are definitely fun to play, with the high range and the fast reload you can actually score a lot of hits. You'll just need to get used to the high shell arc. But i think the high tier ones will be hard to play since you can't get close to anything. The armor seems nonexistent there. Just fought against an Amdiral Hipper with my Nagato, i was about 11km away from him and scored two citadels, with two out of four shells :trollface: the sad part is, the first one hit him in the aft section on an 60 degree angle and the second one in the midsection on a 45 degree angle. Maybe i got mad lucky, but that seems way to easy, every other cruiser would have bounced atleast the 45 degree shot.... i felt really bad for the poor guy. :ohmy:

maybe you scored a hit to the front, where the armor is angled, but not as much as the sides. and it seems the armor even at the angled front is terrible enough to not slow your AP enough, that exploded in his citadel. kinda sad :(

maybe you scored a hit to the front, where the armor is angled, but not as much as the sides. and it seems the armor even at the angled front is terrible enough to not slow your AP enough, that exploded in his citadel. kinda sad :(

Hmm maybe, it's hard to say. But that second hit still seems really fishy. At such a steep angle that shot should have bounced. Maybe i got very lucky, but it doesn't shine a good light on those german cruisers. The first one i encounter in higher tier battles and he gets nuked so easy. :( On top of that he wasn't a bad player, he was actually the top scorer of the enemy team. And as soon as he saw me he tried to turn away, which as i said before didn't really help him.

My feedback? Hmm let's see.

Worst cruisers ever. The Kolberg is a total joke.

My HE does less than 200 damage... My AP bounces everything that isn't right next to me.

I'm quiting this sorry excuse for a game. I was hoping it could replace WOT but it's not even close to as good heck it's outright bad...

Heck the armor on German cruisers is none existent and their AP penetration is lacking but wait their HE isn't worth anything either.

What feedback do you need? Ow that's right this is just for show.

In wot it took years of feedback before you guys finally realised something was wrong with arty.

It took a bloody competitor to show how it could be done different.

I give it 6 months before warships either dies off or you make radical changes.

7 people like this

Lolberg -> worst Tier III ship. You loose at Range you cant pen at close combat. The shells fly so high you cant aim bc you shoot the third salvo before your first hits. 

Hermelin -> skipped

Dresden -> kinda ok

Lolberg -> Skip this ship its no fun even if its looks like a st. Louis  (fired 70 shells on st Louis at 90° and 1km Range only 21 penetrations with only about 240 DMG each

Karlsruhe -> Slow immobile and not that strong but better then Lolberg

Köngisberg -> Glascannon not rly more a glaspistol. Kinda ok but you have to avoid every shot bc you have a [edited]magnet in your citadel who catches every shot

i loved the american and JP cruiser Tree even the Furutaka but the German is no fun at all. 5% Fire and about 1000-1700 HE DMG max is nothing

1 person likes this