Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
U156dasboot

Playing CV on the map hot spot. Is almost impossible

13 comments in this topic

Players
137 posts
12,698 battles

Playing CV on the map hot spot. Is almost impossible to play. You are surrounded from the begining if you not are on a good teem. You coud go with the teem but you woud be spoted and all shooting at you. So that is not a option. You have to go from the team and hide and try to do some damage from other areas. Hot spot is to little to play with a CV-carrier. The results if you being sank. It is that you lose to much money. And that is a big problem even if you have premium and a higher level of

http://www.garaget.org/mypage/gallery_image.php?user=42951&image=2454104

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,477 posts
10,666 battles

I agree it is extremely hectic map for Carrier, because high tiers are so easily spotted, and you immediately know the spawn of enemy carrier. I had one battle there with my Lexington, where I was allied with Hakuryu and it was just stupid... I had massive framedrops, because there was so many planes in so small area immediately after start, when we did our combined attack on enemy carrier, who was taking cover in the middle of enemy ships... That was just arrrggh... Need supercomputer...

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,524 battles

Uh, that map maybe hard for CVs, but at least it is one map where you are forced to do something with your CV. So it is more or less only a problem for those players used to sitting around in the back with the CV.

If you are used to the frontline IJN CV gameplay then that map is just like any other...

Heck, I capped Hot Spot Encounter with Ryuujou...

Beta Tester
301 posts
13,581 battles

You are also screwed by the diagonal spawn if you are in a battleship or cruiser if you start in the wrong corner. Thankfully we only have to endure that map combo for 2 more days.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

Look on the bright side. They are removing the criss cross pattern next patch. 

I believe that is the biggest problem for CV, after that it is not so bad. It is actually one of the more fun maps in my opinion.

Sailing Hamster
1,546 posts
3,274 battles

I love all this t6 CV wannabies that talk about hotspot is good map for carrier. Maybe try to play it on high tier carrier when you are spotted from 16km away not from 9............ and BB that are trying to sink you are doing 30 knots not 20.........

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,524 battles

I love all this t6 CV wannabies that talk about hotspot is good map for carrier. Maybe try to play it on high tier carrier when you are spotted from 16km away not from 9............ and BB that are trying to sink you are doing 30 knots not 20.........

Played it in the CBT on T10... Same still true what I wrote above...

Beta Tester
2,119 posts
5,245 battles

I played it with Taiho plenty of times in CBT. Yes, you die miserably sometimes. But not always, not nearly always.

Sailing Hamster
1,546 posts
3,274 battles

I played on CBT when I had 5 tb squads or 4 not 3 like now.......srsly people just start to be real. This map is pure crap

[POMF]
Players
513 posts
12,839 battles

Its confirmed to be removed. So it seems to be imbalanced. For my perspective its either heaven or hell for cv. Wehen u get pushed by both enemy sides and ur teammates take the longest route from other spawn u generally are screwed. On the other hand u can be also on the side which wont gets pushed at all. Somtimes u are able to kill off the enemy cv easier since the distance is shorter. I think one of my best games lately has been a 204k damage game in shokaku. So its possible to perform good on hotspot with diagonal spawn with a tier8 cv.

Sign in to follow this