You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Takeda92

Some interesting info around the world

5,522 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

The following is from Sub_Octavian from the RU DDs feed back thread. I'll just leave the google translation here in a quote.

SNIP

Soooooo..... for them, looking at stats, the russian DDs are fine, and even performing best of all DDs at same tier.... :(

So they will nerf them even more?

Really can't undertand that, i do horribely in the higher tiers for now, many hits but low damage... The meta in Russia is really strange.... Maybye they are so sublimined by these pure stalinium ships that they offer their broadside in sacrifice for stalin? :teethhappy:

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,101 battles

These are just one day stats.. sample size is too small.

Instead of nerfing RU DDs, maybe they should buff USN and IJN DDs to their level?

• Cool 1

[FLYD_]
Players
820 posts
3,620 battles

Quite disappointed at no new lines till 2016. But they kinda need to get the German cruiser line sorted first :D

I'm curious who might be next. RN? or do they want to "fill up" german and russian trees? Anyone got experience how they handled it with WoT/WoWp?

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

These are just one day stats.. sample size is too small.

Instead of nerfing RU DDs, maybe they should buff USN and IJN DDs to their level?

i don't know why, but i'm pretty sure these results were prior to the nerf, i just can't imagine these turds doing so many damage! :popcorn:

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,101 battles

i don't know why, but i'm pretty sure these results were prior to the nerf, i just can't imagine these turds doing so many damage! :popcorn:

Why would you say that? the nerf (in imo was needed) happened before the ships hit live. These stats are of the first day the patched went live, so after the nerf, unless you are saying they lied and showed us the wrong stats.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal because of a nerf for ships that were still in development. They were in test period, it was bound to be some balancing done. So if I create the most overpowered ship in the game, then nerf it to be just as good as other ships, people would still cry it was overnerfed!

I also rather see them get overnerfed before released and then buffed later rather than being OP at release then nerfed later. Nerfing is always unpopular unlike buffing.

Players
237 posts

I'm curious who might be next. RN? or do they want to "fill up" german and russian trees? Anyone got experience how they handled it with WoT/WoWp?

Depends really, the main lines in WoT continued to receive paper panzers before the other nations were released. When the nations were released it literally took them years to fully populate the tree. So even if you get the European Navies you will most likely get one line at a time. Although I suspect the Soviet tree will get more attention first. 

Beta Tester
789 posts
1,620 battles

Why would you say that? the nerf (in imo was needed) happened before the ships hit live. These stats are of the first day the patched went live, so after the nerf, unless you are saying they lied and showed us the wrong stats.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal because of a nerf for ships that were still in development. They were in test period, it was bound to be some balancing done. So if I create the most overpowered ship in the game, then nerf it to be just as good as other ships, people would still cry it was overnerfed!

I also rather see them get overnerfed before released and then buffed later rather than being OP at release then nerfed later. Nerfing is always unpopular unlike buffing.

Just seems odd that they are getting those numbers, I personally who normally perform best in US DD's can't for the life of me get the SN ones to the same levels, even though playstyle is pretty similar. The extreme short range of the torps makes using them extremely rare and the guns don't pack enough punch to make up for it, especially with the BB-like traverse making close quarters fighting against other DD's challenging.

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

It puzzles me as to why they just can't get it right for once. It's not like they don't have the experience or a dedicated 'game balance' team.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,101 battles

It puzzles me as to why they just can't get it right for once. It's not like they don't have the experience or a dedicated 'game balance' team.

I was going to say some of my usual WG bashing but I do not want this thread to get derailed and locked.

I am not a fan of the way WG does the balancing too, but I am caring less and less because I had high expectations and now I have the exact right expectations for this game.

Now that I said this, I'll try from now on to stay away from giving opinions. I'm here to post low quality translation after all!

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
19,717 battles

Just seems odd that they are getting those numbers, I personally who normally perform best in US DD's can't for the life of me get the SN ones to the same levels, even though playstyle is pretty similar. The extreme short range of the torps makes using them extremely rare and the guns don't pack enough punch to make up for it, especially with the BB-like traverse making close quarters fighting against other DD's challenging.

Hello, as a DD player you have found that the SN DD's do have their own niche. They are a little difficult with their guns (traverse wise) in lower tiers but I can assure you (without trying not to spoil it for you) it gets better. Treat them as gunboats first and DD's secondly and you will enjoy them more. I have only tested them pre-nerf so cannot comment on their current artillery performance but I will grind through this line rather than the KM CA's and that is coming from a preferred CA captain.

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

Hello, as a DD player you have found that the SN DD's do have their own niche. They are a little difficult with their guns (traverse wise) in lower tiers but I can assure you (without trying not to spoil it for you) it gets better. Treat them as gunboats first and DD's secondly and you will enjoy them more. I have only tested them pre-nerf so cannot comment on their current artillery performance but I will grind through this line rather than the KM CA's and that is coming from a preferred CA captain.

Yep, pre-nerf :) Now they have bigger rudder shift time, so they are not as nimble as before, can't ninjafire, get detected always first (have concealement almost as CAs), and get engine damage more frequently. ANd it seems HE got nerfed again too (no damage when you destroy a module).

So, tell me, why would you play SN DD over a Cruiser?

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,101 battles

- Classes and nations are balanced for random battles, not ranked or any other game mode. Depending on the game mode, some ships are bound to fair better than others.

- There are plans to introduce cooldown penalty for the time needed to make a new squadron if the old one is completely destroyed. Reason for this is to stop players mindlessly rushing their airplanes to the middle.

- Average experience is considered to be a not good indicator for the effectiveness of ships. Damage, survival, win percentage, and other combat indicators are better suited. Average xp being affected by premium will not change.

- No plans to sell tier 10 ships (WoT players already know about this one)

- Battleships as a class are quite well balanced, and the game is not World of HE (HE is used mainly on low tiers, but on high tiers, AP becomes the main ammo). Fire damage is also in the normal ranges.

http://forum.worldofwarships.ru/index.php?/topic/29115-%d0%b2%d0%be%d0%bf%d1%80%d0%be%d1%81%d1%8b-%d1%80%d0%b0%d0%b7%d1%80%d0%b0%d0%b1%d0%be%d1%82%d1%87%d0%b8%d0%ba%d0%b0%d0%bc/page__st__120__pid__1413190#entry1413190

On another thread and by another dev:

The modification to the training room, we issue only during the tournaments or events and only their members.

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

- Battleships as a class are quite well balanced, and the game is not World of HE (HE is used mainly on low tiers, but on high tiers, AP becomes the main ammo). Fire damage is also in the normal ranges.

:teethhappy: really? so at high tiers, CA should fire AP at BBs?????

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,101 battles

:teethhappy: really? so at high tiers, CA should fire AP at BBs?????

Well cruisers shoot AP at other cruisers, so you are changing shells. I should add that this statement came as an answer to "why WoWS is turning into World of HE."

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,884 battles

I hope we'll see a balance patch soon. If we are only going to receive content patches and bugfixes (not that they are bad, mind you), then the game will suffer due to loss of motivation as the players progress upwards in the tech three. Thee is a fundamental design error in the game when it's more fun to play at middle-tiers than hightiers. I suspect the slowly decaying player numbers are due to this+the credit cost to obtain a new ship.

EDIT: It's a bitter-sweet revelation of the player numbers as well. Some of us thought it to be a risky move to cater to the RU audience instead of the more maritime nations (in particular Germany and UK). Too early to tell, but it seems that this gamble didn't work that well ATM.

Edited by Vogel

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

Well cruisers shoot AP at other cruisers, so you are changing shells. I should add that this statement came as an answer to "why WoWS is turning into World of HE."

So how CA counter BBs at higher tiers? The high tier ressemble more and more a thug fight with adults with guns (BBs), kids with slingshots (CAs) and toddlers with grenades (DDs), and the boss with a sniper riffle (CVs). So it's not so fun to play the kid if you only can beat other kids and be oneshot by the adults. Game should be balanced, not a game of BBs and CVs alongside in the same arena with the CAs and DDs.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,884 battles

The Devs have already stated (can't find the source) that BBs and CVs shall have a larger impact on the outcome of a match than CAs and DDs. If I remember correctly, they wanted CAs to be for people that play for "funsies" and want to get kills instead of damage, whereas DDs were basically underperforming and the Devs didn't now what to do with them.

Great game design, in other words....

IMO, they should make CV more of a support class (spotting, air dominating, damage support) rather than the primary damage dealer that it is now. BBs are mostly fine, but it seems to me that it is a large power gap between T9/T10. I'm not there yet, so I don't know that for certain. CAs are mostly fine on low-tiers and middle-tiers, but lose out on high-tiers due to the power-gap I mentioned. Giving CAs more abilities than any other class might be the way to go, by introducing new abilities. DDs are more hard to balance at t7+, as they get more and more torpedoes. But the current state is way too bad.

Edited by Vogel

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

So how CA counter BBs at higher tiers? The high tier ressemble more and more a thug fight with adults with guns (BBs), kids with slingshots (CAs) and toddlers with grenades (DDs), and the boss with a sniper riffle (CVs). So it's not so fun to play the kid if you only can beat other kids and be oneshot by the adults. Game should be balanced, not a game of BBs and CVs alongside in the same arena with the CAs and DDs.

Uh, CAs shouldn't counter BBs...

It's the other way around, BBs counter CA.

The job of CL and CA is AA and anti-DD cover. Nothing more.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

So how CA counter BBs at higher tiers?

Last time when i checked BB should counter the CA, not the other way...

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

Uh, CAs shouldn't counter BBs...

It's the other way around, BBs counter CA.

The job of CL and CA is AA and anti-DD cover. Nothing more.

Last time when i checked BB should counter the CA, not the other way...

That game design is [edited], and you know it. (rock paper scissor) CA can counter DDs and other CAs, and they are raped by BBs. In exchange, CA can't counter a BB, even 2 vs 1 (we are always speaking higher tiers of course. The most balanced tiers are 4-6, where everything work as it should). Everyone should be able to sunk everyone, independent of class. But in a CA you can be oneshot by a BB, and the CA must plummet the BB for 5 min to kill him, so he is more disavantaged than the BB in the fight. If the fires and flooding were as in lower tiers (4-6), it would be fine because the BB won't be so powerfull.

What you do in a game where there is 4 CA left vs 4 BBs? you go AFK because you can't win, because WG says BBs counter CAs?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles

they wanted CAs to be for people that play for "funsies"

The what?

TbZQON2.gif

There is no funsies of playing CAs in higher tiers.

[CAIN]
Players
2,987 posts
11,798 battles

That game design is [edited], and you know it. (rock paper scissor) CA can counter DDs and other CAs, and they are raped by BBs. In exchange, CA can't counter a BB, even 2 vs 1 (we are always speaking higher tiers of course. The most balanced tiers are 4-6, where everything work as it should). Everyone should be able to sunk everyone, independent of class. But in a CA you can be oneshot by a BB, and the CA must plummet the BB for 5 min to kill him, so he is more disavantaged than the BB in the fight. If the fires and flooding were as in lower tiers (4-6), it would be fine because the BB won't be so powerfull.

What you do in a game where there is 4 CA left vs 4 BBs? you go AFK because you can't win, because WG says BBs counter CAs?

You guys miss one important thing: it's a TEAMGAME!

This ain't your typical FPS game where each class can counter any other.

And this is how way too many play this game and fail miserably, and then come to the Forums to complain. 

As far as i'm concerned, WoWS is working as intended.

Players
580 posts
1,135 battles

You guys miss one important thing: it's a TEAMGAME!

This ain't your typical FPS game where each class can counter any other.

And this is how way too many play this game and fail miserably, and then come to the Forums to complain. 

As far as i'm concerned, WoWS is working as intended.

No its not a team game.

You are forced into teams but the only thing that earns you rewards is damage and kills.

No rewards for covering friendly BB from destroyers or planes, no rewards for spotting and no rewards for capping. This is a solo game where people are accidentally forced into teams.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
2,987 posts
11,798 battles

No its not a team game.

You are forced into teams but the only thing that earns you rewards is damage and kills.

No rewards for covering friendly BB from destroyers or planes, no rewards for spotting and no rewards for capping. This is a solo game where people are accidentally forced into teams.

No rewards yet. 

And you are wrong, it is a teamgame.