Mangrey

Higher Tir DDs brainstorm post

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
740 posts
20,950 battles

They need some thing ....... more .... as it is now you have take any DD in to a higher tir match and it would not matter one bit .... they might aswell remove the tiring system from the DDs. 

any ideas ?

lets make this a brainstorm post :)

mang

Players
3,436 posts
21,819 battles

Good idea. Quite a lot of ideas has been suggested in other threads though.. Here's the best of them from my content history.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/28288-dds-beyond-t6-and-fun/page__p__499523#entry499523

- Suggestions for tier 6+ DDs, particularly the reload time and detection distance of torpedoes

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/27690-dds-up/page__p__503859#entry503859

- Suggestions for torpedo detection time and also reducing DD detection range from the air (to deal with planes). 

Somewhere it was also suggested to make carrier plane groups unable to spot torpedoes.

Edited by GulvkluderGuld

Players
3,436 posts
21,819 battles

So we just have to stop playing DDs.

Cruisers are the best dds. Play cruisers, untill WG figures out how to reward DD play with actual xp and credits (since they dont listen to us) ;)

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

Well for starters, maybe someone who can speak Russian ask on the RU Q&A thread if they are actually looking at the balance of DD or if they think that DDs are fine and "working as intended" because if it's the latter, then I see no reason why we should trouble ourselves in the first place.. it's not like the devs are interested in the opinion of this region's forum.

Beta Tester
463 posts
1,698 battles

Well for starters, maybe someone who can speak Russian ask on the RU Q&A thread if they are actually looking at the balance of DD or if they think that DDs are fine and "working as intended" because if it's the latter, then I see no reason why we should trouble ourselves in the first place.. it's not like the devs are interested in the opinion of this region's forum.

Yep...

If WG thinks DD's are balance i will most likely stop playing them

they where fun in CBT but even then they where not very easy to play...

with the engagement range increasing they are just punished to sit back and wait 15 mins of the game...

at least USN DD's got some love now...

on the other hand 4.1 nerfs IJN DD's more (some of them)

torpedo hitrate should be balanced around 10% if you ask me (at t6 up)

how the game is right now, i'm pretty sure its way below

suggestions where done plenty of times and i think its time for WG to give some kind of statement

the only statement so far we got, all classes should have a similar average exp.

We're talking about factors WAY out of bounds if we look at this:

post-509796336-0-24265100-1440559371.png

source: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/27867-snapshot-stats-of-the-eu-server/

Edited by Thlurp

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,381 battles

well, maybye we can try to write some things that works now, without any changes? there is no guides for high tier DDs, so it would be usefull to exchange experience.

I will begin, with my experience of IJN ones.

Past tier 6-7 (awful DDs), you don't play ninja yolo style like in the minekaze. A game when you are killed at the begining will costs you around 100-200k in repair damages... You MUST sink at least one ship per game to not lost too much.

You must be patient, don't rush early for cap points in domination, except if you have a good way of escape and the rest of the fleet is behind you.

Learn to aim with your guns, because now you will have to use them more often. If you are detected by an enemy DD and the enemy fleet is near, you will die, so you must try to damage/sink the other DD, so you don't loose too much credits. Remember that XP and silver are calculated by the % of damage you have done to a ship, a DD is worth the same as a BB.

Don't even bother aiming at the torpedo guide, EVERY player at this tiers change course often (except if it's a tirpitz :trollface:). So what you do is carpet torping at critical points of passage, calculating when aproximatively enemy ships will get there (a corridor, around an island, a cap point... there are some points on maps where ships go often). The best chance you have to hit is when enemy team form a big blob and is sailing in the same direction, send a carpet there.

When you have launched your torps, go back near your fleet, so you are not caught with your pants down.

If they are planes flying on your torp line, try to launch after they pass, because a spoted torp is always spoted. So if a CV park a plane squadron on your line, you are fucked...

The best advice is this: Survive, so you don't pay the exorbitant repair costs, and if you are caught and about to die, try to make a ship go from 100% to 0% health.

What's your advices for high tier DDs? (IJN and USN)

Players
1,225 posts

Solution, make your port look like this:

28tiarl.jpg

Good thing with the patch released is that the furutaka is worth playing now, so I can grind IJN cruiser line. And yes I refused to free xp past it, did get it fully upgraded before I gave up on her. Can't wait to go pew pew with the aoba and myoko!

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,471 posts
24,027 battles

The addition of spotting damage would help DD's a lot in the XP department, however it would not fix the stale gameplay.

Players
115 posts

Well for starters, maybe someone who can speak Russian ask on the RU Q&A thread if they are actually looking at the balance of DD 

They are.

Players
3,436 posts
21,819 battles

With 4.1 and ranked battles hitting the live server (in 14 days), I just had one very disturbing thought.

DDs mainly complain they dont get Xp and credits for the influence they exert on the game right?

What if the only reward you care about are stars (ranked battles).

IMO if dds turn out to be useful in rankeds (biiiiiig IF here, yeah), then part of the problem may already be solved, since only stars will matter.

Of course, playing dds are still going to be boring as hell...but hey, if it earns you stars...

Beta Tester
463 posts
1,698 battles

With 4.1 and ranked battles hitting the live server (in 14 days), I just had one very disturbing thought.

DDs mainly complain they dont get Xp and credits for the influence they exert on the game right?

What if the only reward you care about are stars (ranked battles).

IMO if dds turn out to be useful in rankeds (biiiiiig IF here, yeah), then part of the problem may already be solved, since only stars will matter.

Of course, playing dds are still going to be boring as hell...but hey, if it earns you stars...

they will be usefull in some sorts.

but due to lack of BB's the IJN DD's bleed once more

Beta Tester
32 posts
619 battles

Not played them as much in OBT. In CBT people complained about always dieing to stealth DDs and their torps so we saw the introduction of spotter planes for BBs and Cruisers (then we saw complaints about CVs and the spotters became fighters). I felt the biggest issue with DDs was the sheer number of aircraft spotting you and the torps. If they made it so Fighter aircraft could only spot air threats (they are not spotter craft after all, but intended to neutralize air threats, not spot the wake of ships) that would get rid of about 50% of the air clutter that can spot DDs.... after implementing this, see how things are going before adjusting anything else - I think this would also make playing other classes more fun, as most games you are spotted almost constantly, which is no fun with the range and trajectory of many ships/guns.