You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ezymodo

The good, the bad, and the mediocre (per tier)

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
55 posts
401 battles

That bugged Iowa really sticks out.

Love the classification btw. Play for fun? Hahaha.

Edit: All hail Kawachi, the most balanced ship in the entire game

Edited by riulassher
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
122 posts
1,179 battles

Great post, thanks a lot, i gave you well deserver +

Those CV's in upper right corner are totally insane.:angry:

edit: T9 and T10 CA's and BB's are pushed into low dmg/winrate quadrant by this. 

Edited by Richard_V

Players
720 posts
9,732 battles

Great post, thanks a lot, i gave you well deserver +

Those CV's in upper right corner are totally insane.:angry:

inb4 the CV captains notice that and start to neg rep the OP claiming it's all skill.

• Cool 4

Players
75 posts
1,133 battles

Atlanta and Atago in the suckzone, eh... I'm getting to understand why I often get insta-flamed by people when I show up in one of my premium ships. =/

Talking about premium ships, am I blind or the chart really doesn't include the Ishizuchi and the Murmansk?

Edited by xPraetoriaNx
  • Cool 1

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts

Poor Bogue. Literally the only shitty carrier in the whole game. All her sisters sky-high above her in damage and/or winrate.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,412 posts
7,888 battles

Atlanta and atago are more because their average damage is lowered by the sheer number of people sailing them that have no idea what they're doing. I'd suspect the Tirpitz would be equally low 

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts

Atlanta and atago are more because their average damage is lowered by the sheer number of people sailing them that have no idea what they're doing. I'd suspect the Tirpitz would be equally low

I dont know for the Atago, but Atlanta is a bad ship aswell. Fun because of that rof, but even some of the very best players I have seen dont score more much than average numbers in every stat. (Except maybe platooned winrate). It is not a ship that can carry but hyper situational. Works best against DDs and planes, but both can avoid you, if they so desire.

Beta Tester
122 posts
1,179 battles

That bugged Iowa really sticks out.

Iowa may sticks out due to excelent AAA. What makes me really afraid is Warplanes syndrome, where small group of players will have tons of fun on the expense of average Joe, who will get pawned too often and too easily, leaving the game.

Edited by Richard_V

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts

am i the only one that cant finde the Yamato on the list ?

It is in the "blob" center top. Next to Kongo and Montana. Hard to read because its crowded there.

Edited by allufewig

Beta Tester
55 posts
401 battles

Iowa may sticks out due to excelent AAA. What makes me really afraid is Warplanes syndrome, where small group of players will have tons of fun on the expense of average Joe, who will get pawned too often and too easily, leaving the game.

It's not the only BB with good AA for its tier but it is the only BB with a high resistance/immunity to HE damage.

Weekend Tester
916 posts
1,191 battles

May I ask, why are you still using those out of whack stats on warshipstats.com, instead of using the "real" datamined stats from complete EU server?

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20150826at/average_ship.html (edit: actually this link is SEA stats for the 18th-26th of August)

For example:

1) Hakuryu 45% winrate

2) Midway 50% winrate

3) Gearing 51% winrate

4) Shimakaze 47% winrate

and so on and so forth.

Just please stop adding the gasoline with statisticaly irrelevant data into already flamed forum or at least wait, until warshipstats will datamine the rest of the players, untill then those stats are completely screwed.

Edited by czNemesis
  • Cool 1

[DRAG0]
Beta Tester
5 posts
7,388 battles

Big surprise not.

Anyone who plays more then a match knows how unbalanced carriers are.

Nice work op. Love to see more graphic representation of stats like this

Beta Tester
69 posts
4,235 battles

Very nice plot ! +1 I wonder if this will be noticed also by some Russian developer :hiding:

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,412 posts
7,888 battles

I dont know for the Atago, but Atlanta is a bad ship aswell.

I liked the atlanta in CBT, but agree on it being situational. It really needs islands so it can get within range, and use its high arc to shoot over them.

In CBT I had my record xp in an atlanta, but if caught in the open (or if people know you're there and no one wants to come play) then it suffers heavily.

Actually tempted to pick it up again and use it for ranked battles since they're all domination, meaning people will have to come closer to cap.

Beta Tester
122 posts
1,179 battles

May I ask, why are you still using those out of whack stats on warshipstats.com, instead of using the "real" datamined stats from complete EU server?

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20150826at/average_ship.html

For example:

1) Hakuryu 45% winrate

2) Midway 50% winrate

3) Gearing 51% winrate

4) Shimakaze 47% winrate

and so on and so forth.

Just please stop adding the gasoline with statisticaly irrelevant data into already flamed forum or at least wait, until warshipstats will datamine the rest of the players, untill then those stats are completely screwed.

For example:

1) Hakuryu 5.28 kill / death

2) Midway 6.78 kill / death

3) Gearing 1.67 kill /death

4) Shimakaze 1.76 kill / death

yes , cerainly no problem, move along,,, 

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20150826at/average_ship.html

For example:

1) Hakuryu 45% winrate

2) Midway 50% winrate

3) Gearing 51% winrate

4) Shimakaze 47% winrate

When I click "average ship" for the EU I get those values:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20150826ea/average_ship.html

Haku: 48,47

Midway: 49,88

Gearing: 41,56

Shima: 37,85

I dont know about your values and I doubt theyre true, because there is simply no way in heaven or hell DDs at those tiers reach and exceed 50% winrate. Even if they performed average, draws would prevent them from much more than 46-47%. At the same time the more numerous carriers with double the dmg and kills (biggest correlation to WR, statistically) at ~50% as well? Lolnope. Something wrong there.

Edited by allufewig

Players
119 posts
155 battles

Myogi, Kongo and Kawachi and later on the Yamato are all semi-close to each other. And Myogi is "play for fun"?! X_X

Well.. It is fun to dodge those 20 or so torpedo's.. :D

Atlanta and Atago in the suckzone, eh..

Weekend Tester
916 posts
1,191 battles

When I click "average ship" for the EU I get those values:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20150826ea/average_ship.html

Haku: 48,47

Midway: 49,88

Gearing: 41,56

Shima: 37,85

I dont know about your values and I doubt theyre true, because there is simply no way in heaven or hell DDs at those tiers reach and exceed 50% winrate. Even if they performed average, draws would prevent them from much more than 46-47%. At the same time the more numerous carriers with double the dmg and kills (biggest correlation to WR, statistically) at ~50% as well? Lolnope. Something wrong there.

My values? Why my values? I posted the link, http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html first table "Average ship", dunno what is the difference between that and the bottom table "Average ship". It's the same stat page all CV haters were flooding the forum with. And now you're telling that the same webpage is falsified?

I get it, statistics which don't show you're right are falsified. Until they will clearly show 20% OPness in WR of CVs you will claim they are falsified....

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts

My values? Why my values? I posted the link, http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html first table "Average ship", dunno what is the difference between that and the bottom table "Average ship". It's the same stat page all CV haters were flooding the forum with. And now you're telling that the same webpage is falsified?

I get it, statistics which don't show you're right are falsified. Until they will clearly show 20% OPness in WR of CVs you will claim they are falsified....

No no. You posted a link and I did. Both refer to the same site. The description on both of the pages say the same, namely "Player average for Ship" and same date, yet the numbers are different. Just wondering why.

The stats from warshipstats.com might be high in favour of the CVs, because I doubt an average winrate of ~60% myself. On the other hand, DDs on par with CVs at hightier according to the numbers of your link? Dude, seriously that cannot be true. Obviously not. Are you fooled that easy? The ones I get when I search the very same site are much more realistic.

Edit: Maybe one is from that day (26.08.15) only and the other is the average of all games played to that date (the real average were searching for)?

Edited by allufewig

Weekend Tester
946 posts

Lol..... St Louis.....

Edit: is Warspite on there somewhere, or is there not enough data to make a plot?

Edited by cracktrackflak

Beta Tester
55 posts
401 battles

What czNemesis posted are data from SEA server (the main table), not ours. And surprisingly on SEA servers Gearing does have better W/R ratio than Hakuryu, but there are many more Hakuryu players than Gearing players.