Sign in to follow this  
Ph3lan

Update 0.4.1 Matchmaker Changes

17 comments in this topic

WG Staff
419 posts
1,295 battles

Greetings Captains!

Please leave any your feedback about the changes to matchmaking in Update 0.4.1 in this thread. To help us gather feedback accurately and identify any issues, keep your posts as clear and constructive as possible. Irrelevant/off-topic entries will be deleted and the comment disregarded.

[QUHA]
Players
5 posts
7,561 battles

51min and still waiting in queue with Hakuryu (x). there been few times that players withing your range been ~20 but no luck still...

71min and gave up, independence (6) 5sec and in.

Edited by Anarkha

[THROW]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster, Privateer
3,851 posts
23,378 battles

51min and still waiting in queue with Hakuryu (x). there been few times that players withing your range been ~20 but no luck still...

I thought the MM was supposed to group you with lower / less CVs then?

Players
2 posts
631 battles

Playing a Kawachi and so far I keep ending up mostly in Tier 4-5 battles and have been destroyed TWICE without firing a shot because with a range of 9.8 kms was never close enough to fire. As you can imagine this is very frustrating and costing me for repairs, at least put me in battles where I have a chance.

[THROW]
3,851 posts
23,378 battles

That has happened before and will happen again since, for some inexplicable reason, WG thinks +/- 3 tiers is ok gameplay wise. Your only hope is to position yourself in such a way that you can not be fired upon unless the enemy choses to do so from close quarters, within your own gun range. That might be possible on all but the open ocean map.

[QUHA]
Players
5 posts
7,561 battles

after hundred or so games, my opinion about new mm : games a lot more boring now

ac: games a especially boring now, there is always equal amount\tier ac on other side, so games are now just stalking back and forth. no more any randomnes or suprises and games repeat themself. old was funnier since there might been overhelming amount of ac:s, or then none.

cc: about same, cleveland\other midtier usa cc is (almost) useless on games now, since most of games there is no airplanes to shoot down anymore. just driving next to bb and shooing he shots to enemies, jpn cc not that much effected since low aa -> they work more alone

dd: life with dd a lot easier now, ac:s eyeing eath other so no scouts after dd:s that much anymore.

bb: not much changed, except airplanes not that big threat anymore, earlier always almost got sunk by torpedo, now shot or dd mostly and often own fault too, so i prolly bb:s a winner of this mm change.

Beta Tester
206 posts
7,325 battles

Not quite what i would have expected after the patch:

shot-15.09.07_21.02.26-0122.jpg

T7 CV vs. T10; maybe related to the division of the T10 CV, with two more T10 ships. In that case, if that would be a way to circumvent the match condition, that's would be a kind of exploit.

shot-15.09.07_21.02.26-0122.jpg

Edited by WhoCares01

Players
31 posts
7,528 battles

Would it be possible to make tier III BB not end up in battle with tier 6 BB and Cruisers.

limit them to max tier 5.

Playing Kawachi right now and is utter useless vs tier 6 BB and cruisers

They kill me before iam in range of them.

Edit

Gave up and now play Kawachi in co-op mode instead.

Edited by Gormadoc

Players
32 posts
6,231 battles

well after the patch on the 10th i had an interesting game...

each team got a CV, we got a T8, enemy got a T10 (should not have happened as stated in the patch notes).

we got one cruiser, all other ships were BBs.... well done MM :-/

the enemy team also got 1 iowa more than we got (on top of the higher CV).

also there were 10 tirpitz in the game, 6 on the enemy side (oh the joy of the tirpitz-stuffed games...)

i dont know what is going on with the MM, sometimes the matches are balanced (tier numbers and ship type wise), sometimes it goes completely insane (up to 12 tirpitz in one game, almost only BBs, completely imbalanced regarding tier numbers,... and the last point increased after the 4.1 patch on the 10th!)

[RNBCS]
Alpha Tester
106 posts
1,022 battles

Its cruel at low tiers to put tier 3 BBs against tier 5's even 4's. With current RNG accuracy and low range, tier 3 bbs will get raped by almost all 4-5 Cruisers and BBs before they get in firing range. And i will not even go to the topic of invisible DD's torping you.

This is going to drive all new players away from your game, they will be playing these tiers first whitout captain skills, camos, flags or upgrades. Then they will have to face tier 5 players fully equipped. This is too unreasonable. At least MM should be tuned for all players below lvl 9 should have MM tuned to only -1/+1 Or even better just face their own lvl ships. I dont think they mind sitting in MM a bit longer to get even FUN battles, than fast MM whit completely uneven battles that make them angry towards the game.

[THROW]
3,851 posts
23,378 battles

Its cruel at low tiers to put tier 3 BBs against tier 5's even 4's. With current RNG accuracy and low range, tier 3 bbs will get raped by almost all 4-5 Cruisers and BBs before they get in firing range. And i will not even go to the topic of invisible DD's torping you.

This is going to drive all new players away from your game, they will be playing these tiers first whitout captain skills, camos, flags or upgrades. Then they will have to face tier 5 players fully equipped. This is too unreasonable. At least MM should be tuned for all players below lvl 9 should have MM tuned to only -1/+1 Or even better just face their own lvl ships. I dont think they mind sitting in MM a bit longer to get even FUN battles, than fast MM whit completely uneven battles that make them angry towards the game.

(IJN) DDs will still be able to fire torps from out of viewing distance, no matter what tier you are playing.

Playing PvE would be a viable alternative for those who prefer facing their own ship levels only, but this has the drawback of gaining unreasonably low amounts of XP and credits.

[RNBCS]
Alpha Tester
106 posts
1,022 battles

(IJN) DDs will still be able to fire torps from out of viewing distance, no matter what tier you are playing.

Playing PvE would be a viable alternative for those who prefer facing their own ship levels only, but this has the drawback of gaining unreasonably low amounts of XP and credits.

Wouldn't it be much better change the low tiers (1-4) MM only go -1/+1 battles. I play whit friends alot and that means we go out in squadron. Right now its frustraiting if someone wants to play BB at low tier, because BBs go in much higher tiers than anything else (Tier 3 BBs go in tier 6 games!!! WTF!). Going out in Kawachi / South carolina in a tier 6 game just kills the fun and after evening of games like that... Rage is real. They dont really wan't play anymore, they are denied from playing ship class they like, because squadron seems to throw us always to higher tier games.

I think the MM would be much better if it was always -1/+1. I don't mind waiting more for equal teams, specially when games last this long! I would LOVE to have OPTION to X out for faster/challennging MM in options, like "enable +1 or +2 tier battles.

• Cool 1

Players
3,436 posts
21,819 battles

After the patch, there seems to be a LOT more games with no CV's at all.

Also I've noticed an increased amount for lower tier DDs (up to 5 on each team).

Might be worth looking into the statistics and see if carrier popularity has dropped, as it certainly appears like that to me (and perhaps the CV players are starting to play DDs instead).

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

A step in the right direction

After the patch, there seems to be a LOT more games with no CV's at all.

Yes, and that's good, because in naval warfare not all battles had carriers involved. Now we need some battles with no battleships, and even destroyer-only skirmishes. Give us some variety

Players
1 post
554 battles

Greetings,
I just wanted to tell you that gameplay "improvement", regarding MM, went horribly wrong.
Forced domination mode with even more "dynamic" points evaluation towards victory makes games much less intense and it feels like unfinished story for most of the games.
I m sure you had intentions of reducing game duration and exclude draws because one CC or DD is hiding while heavily outnumbered.

And you did it, no more draws or chasing around the map. However with this approach I, among many other players, think that gameplay is hindered. As result we have less decisive victories, with more than 10 ships still in game when the battle is over. Not only close defeats are a bad experience but another more important thing starts to happen. Victory with half of winning team literally didn't get a single torpedo strike or even a shot with main guns.
It might be more "dynamic" battle if you by dynamic mean faster. But I m 100% sure it isn't more intense as there is less fighting occurring in this brief period of one battle, denying both winning and losing side pleasure of actually participating in battle, because few allies dive forward and die (as they always will) or don't capture main areas.

I hope you understand my point of view. And if you did the pool, I bet that majority of players would like the old game mode back (less punishing whole team for rookie errors). 
Main reason I like World of Warships more than World of Tanks is because it is not as much team dependent and few persons can actually carry a game. You just removed that perk from WoWs with last update. 
And lets be real, only thing that could go along with this kind of gameplay is skill based MM, which I m guessing you ll never do.

Cheers,
Nemanja Cirkovic

Sign in to follow this