You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ukio

Cruisers are the best destroyers

35 comments in this topic

[OV]
Players
132 posts
14,777 battles

I just figured this out - cruisers are far more effective at torpedo attacks than the destroyers. Give it a try - Myoko vs Hatsuharu.

Add the extra life, AA and firepower - there you go - cruisers are far more efficient. They have almost the same speed, same torpedoes, same torpedo count.

Yes - bad angle of launch, slight maneuverability difference and detection range, but with all these planes flying around who cares about detection range. And all premium ships can avoid all torpedoes with ease ... because the huuuuuge battleship is almost as maneuverable as you. Dodging - no problemo.

Nobody plays destroyers, because they suck. At higher levels they suck even more.

Wargaming,

FIX. THE. FREAKING. GAME!

It has been 4 years!!! 

• Cool 7

[NBS]
Privateer
268 posts
10,525 battles

And here ladies and gentlemen we have a prime example of bad players who don't understand the game.

Wanna know his stats?

1000+ battles

46% WL ratio

Average damage of 28k

average tier 5.3

Kd ratio of 1

Ignore this thread, it brings nothign to the table but QQ.

Edited by silence5
  • Cool 4

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

BBs received a lot of buffs after QQ threads though

Beta Tester
274 posts
13,524 battles

And here ladies and gentlemen we have a prime example of bad players who don't understand the game.

Wanna know his stats?

1000+ battles

46% WL ratio

Average damage of 28k

average tier 5.3

Kd ratio of 1

Stats you say .....To have good stats you have to hide behind your team .....Do you have good stats ?

Mine are terrible but I throw myself into the game I do not hide behind others

Stats .....Do not a good player make ...

• Cool 4

[NBS]
Privateer
268 posts
10,525 battles

Stats you say .....To have good stats you have to hide behind your team .....Do you have good stats ?

Stats are a fairly good indication of the players understanding of the game.

"Mine are terrible but I throw myself into the game I do not hide behind others" ... As do good players... but they understand when its time to fall back and not take unneceseary damage, to keep the guns singing... Thats what wins you games.

And frankly my dear, you arent on the winning side.

Edited by silence5
  • Cool 4

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

"Mine are terrible but I throw myself into the game I do not hide behind others" ... As do good players... but they understand when its time to fall back and not take unneceseary damage, to keep the guns singing... Thats what wins you games.

And frankly my dear, you arent on the winning side.

OR you can play CVs and throw bs at other people

Stats arent important here guys. If someone plays a UP line without having information about how to play more effective he will not play good. Everyone out there screams DDs are UP. But when it comes to a bad player who thinks DDs are UP its an l2p issue? come on....

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
33,563 battles

@OP - 4 years? Dang, alcohol has taken a few years from me then........ :(

[LAI]
Beta Tester
680 posts
2,869 battles

I just figured this out - cruisers are far more effective at torpedo attacks than the destroyers. Give it a try - Myoko vs Hatsuharu.

Add the extra life, AA and firepower - there you go - cruisers are far more efficient. They have almost the same speed, same torpedoes, same torpedo count.

Yes - bad angle of launch, slight maneuverability difference and detection range, but with all these planes flying around who cares about detection range. And all premium ships can avoid all torpedoes with ease ... because the huuuuuge battleship is almost as maneuverable as you. Dodging - no problemo.

Nobody plays destroyers, because they suck. At higher levels they suck even more.

Wargaming,

FIX. THE. FREAKING. GAME!

It has been 4 years!!! 

Pff, why play CADD when you can play BBDD! :) Tirpitz is an epitome of a mutated US DD - fast, has torps, but relies on guns.
  • Cool 1

[OV]
Players
132 posts
14,777 battles

To all "stats-naciz" - I do not have premium account and ships. My stats show, that I am just the average player.

One more thing 46% wins, 7.5% DRAW, 46.5% loses

And another - in team with 10 halfwits, or perfectly Match-maked with everybody 2LVLs higher then you all the time - this is the result.

Can you show me stats of a really good player (that plays alone, primarily destroyers, with no premiums)? I really want to see one, who has >55% win ratio. 

Not the freaking Tirpitz, not 0-range-drop CV. Destroyers at high level!

Queue length and player picks shows it perfectly - destroyers suck. This is the common opinion of the mass player. Go argue with numbers.

Currently I score much more torpedo hits with Myoko than with the Hatsuharu ... and this is ridiculous.

Edited by Ukio
  • Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,477 posts
10,666 battles

There is always that one guy, with low self esteem, who will go and insult other player by throwing "your-stats-are-worse-than-mine-card", just to feel better about himself.

Don't be that guy.

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
6,036 posts
34,088 battles

There are players with +70% winrate. Are they really that good? No, they just play 3-man high tier divisions, including  one CV, and just go clubbing. Let s hope the MM changes will not allow that anymore.

Edited by 22cm

[SCRUB]
Players
2,477 posts
10,666 battles

There are players with +70% winrate. Are they really that good? No, they just play 3-man high tier divisions, including  one CV, and just go clubbing. Let s hope the MM changes will not allow that anymore.

I believe that ranked battles were created to give better view on individual stats and results. Specially designed for people, who enjoy playing solo, rather than divisions. I for example rarely division with my friends, just because most of the times I want to play just one or two games, and creating division for just few games, is not very ideal.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,999 posts
6,434 battles

Wanna know his stats?

1000+ battles

46% WL ratio

Average damage of 28k

average tier 5.3

Kd ratio of 1

Which are perfectly adequate stats for the most part. 46% win rate isn't great, but considering the high amount of draws it's about even between battles won and lost.

Average damage of 28k sounds bad at first sight. It certainly isn't great, but to a large degree some types of ships to a lot more average damage than others. If the OP plays mainly destroyers and keeps away from carriers and BBs the average damage is about average, which is perfectly fine. 

KD ratio of 1 also screams average to me, nothing wrong with that. Bad would be around 0.7, terribad everything below 0.5. 

Stats can tell a lot, but only if you consider the whole spectrum and don't loose sight of what is actually bad, what is good and where the average player stands. 

Which doesn't change the fact that the OPs point of CAs being the better DDs is utter bullcrap, but that's a different matter. 

• Cool 1

[TB-PF]
Beta Tester
77 posts
2,943 battles

Playing Tier 6-8 last night, you now only see a few DD's on the list like 2-3 sometimes none at all, everyone are playing CR, BB and CV's (for good reasons!!)

DD's suck

[OV]
Players
132 posts
14,777 battles

And another downside - which is a huge one.

You cannot FARM with destroyers.

You can farm with any other type of ship (more or less), but it is almost impossible to be on the + playing a destroyer.

When my tiny Lvl7 Hatsuharu dies, I am loosing ~55K in repair and ~12K for torpedoes = ~ minus 65K 

My average win with a destroyer is ~90K. The loss is ~minus 10K.

Rough calculation shows, that at this rate (if I am idiot enough to play DD only), I will need 500 games to farm for the next level DD.

Thank you, come again, neeeeext. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
497 posts
8,762 battles

Wanna know his stats?

1000+ battles

46% WL ratio

Average damage of 28k

average tier 5.3

Kd ratio of 1

No need to be a [edited] about it, think positive :)

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
6,039 battles

And another - in team with 10 halfwits, or perfectly Match-maked with everybody 2LVLs higher then you all the time - this is the result.

Yeah right. It's always the teams fault... :unsure:
  • Cool 1

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts

The more enemies you kill, the more damage you do, the more you win the worse you actually are. Twisted logic best logic.

Beta Tester
79 posts
1,476 battles

The OP has a certain point: 

Destroyers cannot get in to guaranteed torpedo hit range the same way an (IJN) cruiser can. Last game with an Aoba I sunk two battleships by getting to point blank range and torpedo them; doing the same with a destroyer and the secondaries (or main batteries) will kill you.

I don't think it's all the truth - US DD's are better at the 'YOLO attack', and a cruiser doing that is asking to get wrecked by main guns.

But then: Does it really matter? If the cruisers were supposed to be terribad at torpedoes, they wouldn't have them - instead they have very, very good torpedoes. Destroyers' unique thing isn't torpedoes, but stealth.

Edited by Eisenengel

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
211 posts
8,762 battles

Why do you hate divisions so much ?

Edited by Karaya1

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
6,039 battles

Why do you hate divisions so much ?

Maybe he doesn't find people willing to join one with him?