Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
moth_hunter

Searching for Scope-Mod

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
151 posts
283 battles

Hi!

I'm looking for a mod that scales the markings and numbers in the scope when zooming. I always find it irritating that the distance you actually preaim depends on how far you are zoomed in. You might have found a good lead distance, zoom out for whatever reason, and then you have no idea how far to preaim again because you are not sure how far you were zoomed in.

Is there such a mod? Is it even possible / legal to make one?

Thanks! :-)

[STS]
Alpha Tester
77 posts
2,100 battles

Hey,

Here is a link to a quite usefull Modpack: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/12780-mod040-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview-v044-06072015/

You can also checkout a preview before you install the crosshair, so that you can see how the crosshair looks like before you take it.

Check it out :)

Beta Tester
151 posts
283 battles

Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure if the mod pack actually helps me.

I see it includes lots of cross hairs, but I'm not looking for a different design, I'm looking for one where the markers scale with the zoom level

Right now when I zoom out, the markings and numbers stay exactly in the same place on the screen, so that a ship that is 10 notches long when zoomed in fully is maybe 4 notches long when zoomed half way out. What i want is for the notches to move closer together when zooming out, so that the ship is always 10 notches long - no matter the zoom level.

Beta Tester
2,177 posts
23,249 battles

I made a scope mod for myself and by the looks of it there are only the zoomed out and the zoomed in scopes available as those are the only two you can substitute with new reticles, a scope scaling with the various zoom levels does not appear to be possible.

It would be possible however to include different scales on the zoomed in scope with different sets of values matching the various zoom levels but that will require experimentation with the reticle aim marks and will make for a cluttered sight.

I might try to make such a sight but no promises.

Edited by atomskytten

Beta Tester
151 posts
283 battles

Was afraid it would all be the same graphic... too bad :-/

Thanks for the offer, but I think you are right, it would be too cluttered. And with no indication of the zoom level it probably won't really help that much anyway.

Sign in to follow this