Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fi_8_8_8_8

MM for squads

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
279 posts
2,318 battles

Greetings,

the "MM ruins matches for good players" plus an experience yesterday led me to the following inquiry:

I repurchased T1-T3 ships yesterday to squad up with a friend who just started. And as soon as he hit lvl 2 we hit random battles. Funnily enough we were always lowest tier in all (around 9 matches). So with T1 ships in a T2 game, with T2 ships in a T3 game and then once I promised him that as soon as we get to the St. Louis everything will be alright we got thrown into T5 games with her all the time.
Not complaining too much, apart from the fact that going against Omahas is a bit of a pain since they just sail out of your range and keep you there while putting on the hurt.

But I was wondering if squads have an effect on MM? Similar as in Warthunder where you'll always be facing rather higher than lower tiers.

Or does location play a factor too? Since we were playing from the same house..so same router?

Before you ask, I did not make screen shots etc. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I really hoped that we would get into a match with even matchamking, or where we would be in the middle instead of low tier and show him how much fun it can be to dominate :playing: That said, we did okay. Just nothing mind blowing.

Thanks for answering. :honoring:

Players
1,428 posts
7,991 battles

I think you are a bit paranoid. I have played quite a few division batles and MM does just the same as you play normally. The only thing is that the MM tries to get the same amount of divisions in the both teams. I think you just had just a bad day, like all of us sometimes have.

[BFT]
Beta Tester
260 posts
3,008 battles

I also think it's just bad luck. I play quite often in divisions (60% of the time) of 2 or 3 people and don't get any other results in the MM than when going in alone. And the one time you are top tier you get randomly wacked by a stray shell resulting in you getting the "detonation" achievement :P

Beta Tester
279 posts
2,318 battles

Yeah alright, was just wondering. In normal squads I did not notice a big bias as well. Just hit me when I was playing low tier, and I was trying to "sell" him the game..the MM just didn't help much :(

[BFT]
Beta Tester
260 posts
3,008 battles

Yeah alright, was just wondering. In normal squads I did not notice a big bias as well. Just hit me when I was playing low tier, and I was trying to "sell" him the game..the MM just didn't help much :(

Could also be the time of day, available players in MM tier spread, etc, etc. Too much variables and a too small sample size to make anything out of it. Be glad that all ships in a team can contribute something (which is not Always the case in the other WG titles).

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,046 posts
4,551 battles

While i have not played many divisions as to have a clear opinion on the MM you get,the main problem i have is the "Spawn Spread" you get at the start of the battle with one member spawning on the one side of the map and the second one on the other.

This eradicates teamwork in some maps which makes the division aspect in this game worthless under certain circumstances,making it one of the most urgent things to change after CV Mirror MM for me.

Edited by Mister_Greek

Beta Tester
497 posts
8,762 battles

While i have not played many divisions as to have a clear opinion on the MM you get,the main problem i have is the "Spawn Spread" you get at the start of the battle with one member spawning on the one side of the map and the second one on the other.

This eradicates teamwork in some maps which makes the division aspect in this game worthless under certain circumstances,making it one of the most urgent things to change after CV Mirror MM for me.

Spawn Spread is the only thing I seriously hate on the map we all know and despise.

People play division to stick together, the spawning should reflect this.

[-Z-A-]
Players
8 posts
3,516 battles

Playing divisions freaks the MM out. It will try to match you against a similar division on the opposing side, this is probably why you get this erratic mm when playing divisions in lower tiers, since there are not a lot of divisions playing those tiers.

Sign in to follow this