Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xPraetoriaNx

How do bonuses stack in this game?

9 comments in this topic

Players
75 posts
1,133 battles

Hello! Sorry if this has been asked already, couldn't find anything with searching.

So, continuing the question, if for example my secondary armaments have 5km range, and I have both the +20% range captain skill, and the +20% range, equipment, how is it calculated?

a) Do they stack, which results in (5*1.2)*1.2 = 7,2 km range, or

b) they just add up, so 5*1,4 = 7 km?

Same goes for credit. If I earn 100,000 credits in a game, but I have premium (+50%) and a flag (+20%), then following the templates above, do I get

a) 180,000 or

b) 170,000 credits?

I know the differences aren't that huge (tho with credits the gap increases the more money I earn), but I always wondered how this works in WG games.

[QUAK]
[QUAK]
Beta Tester
637 posts
11,590 battles

As far as I know, the answer for question one is b), for question two it's a).

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,892 battles

When it comes to rewards I believe all bonuses are multiplicative except for signals which are added to the first win bonus if present. So it's: Base x Win x Premium x (First Win + Signal)

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

1) They stack,  AA works the same way - 5 *1.2 *1.2 = 7.2

2) [Your base exp] x 1.5 (win) x 1.5 (premium) x [1 + 0.5 (first win) + 0.5 (flag)]. For the credits it would be ... x[1+0.2(credits flag)], so in this case [base credits] *1.5*1.5*1.2 or if  you win with premium and flag you get the base credits x2.7.

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,570 battles

Two questions with different answers, makes a poll where no matter what you choose you always have to answer one of them wrong... -_-

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

Two questions with different answers, makes a poll where no matter what you choose you always have to answer one of them wrong... -_-

To be fair both are a, but I don't see how can poll help in this case. Everyone can vote and you can't be sure they know the right answer :)

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,570 battles

To be fair both are a, but I don't see how can poll help in this case. Everyone can vote and you can't be sure they know the right answer :)

Hmm your right, must have confused it with some other things stacking additive instead of multiplicative. Then I guess my problem with the poll format is that when you ask a question you don't know if they work the same way or not either...

It's also extra confusing since the term "stack" in the game forum I am from is normally only used to describe additive ( If I put something on top of a stack it's added, not multiplied ).

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,892 battles

Hmm your right, must have confused it with some other things stacking additive instead of multiplicative. Then I guess my problem with the poll format is that when you ask a question you don't know if they work the same way or not either...

It's also extra confusing since the term "stack" in the game forum I am from is normally only used to describe additive ( If I put something on top of a stack it's added, not multiplied ).

Both additive and multiplicative bonuses "stack", just in different ways.

A bonus value that doesn't "stack" would basically just use the biggest individual bonus value and disregard any other.

Players
75 posts
1,133 battles

Well I thought the answer is the same,  as originally I wrote those as separate examples, fail on my side. Removed the poll.

Sign in to follow this