Sign in to follow this  
KapteinSabeltann

Game minimizes to desktop

5 comments in this topic

Players
232 posts
9,323 battles

So my game keeps minimizing to desktop. It's been doing that a long time but today, while in a DD, three jucy nice bbs are going to emerge on the other side of an island I am keeping between us. I will be able to drop my torps and stay in cover - it's going to be epic! Just gotta turn a little to line up my torps. Voila - desktop. Get back into the game - I am stuck on an island, thre BBs come around the corner at secondary range - OH LOOK! a Minekaze - all three open up on me. Yeah did not go so well... It's really annoying.

So - I know this have been posted in wot and whatnot with the answer - don't press the windows key, or tap shift five times etc. Well I don't - and it still happens. I run full-screen with no option to run full-screen windowed. Why? Why of all the games I have does this game have to randomly go to desktop?! And even IF I hit the windows key - so what? No other game I have minimizes if I do! NONE! That is actually the reason I prefer running games in full-screen windowed mode. Then I can just hit the windows-key. Do what I need to do with the game in the background (no alt-tab mess) and go right back into the action.

Please fix it - whatever it is.

Edited by KapteinSabeltann

[PZC]
Players
2 posts
4,723 battles

I've got the same problem. The game simply minimizes randomly, for some time. Just now was very annoying, as it also decided to freeze while being minimized. Logged in some 30 seconds later, I found a squad of enemy torpedo bombers happily flying away from my sinking ship.

Please fix it.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
33,563 battles

I've got the same problem. The game simply minimizes randomly, for some time. Just now was very annoying, as it also decided to freeze while being minimized. Logged in some 30 seconds later, I found a squad of enemy torpedo bombers happily flying away from my sinking ship.

Please fix it.

The best way for us to help is to post full specs of your PC via your dxdiag report

Players
1 post

So my game keeps minimizing to desktop. It's been doing that a long time but today, while in a DD, three jucy nice bbs are going to emerge on the other side of an island I am keeping between us. I will be able to drop my torps and stay in cover - it's going to be epic! Just gotta turn a little to line up my torps. Voila - desktop. Get back into the game - I am stuck on an island, thre BBs come around the corner at secondary range - OH LOOK! a Minekaze - all three open up on me. Yeah did not go so well... It's really annoying.

So - I know this have been posted in wot and whatnot with the answer - don't press the windows key, or tap shift five times etc. Well I don't - and it still happens. I run full-screen with no option to run full-screen windowed. Why? Why of all the games I have does this game have to randomly go to desktop?! And even IF I hit the windows key - so what? No other game I have minimizes if I do! NONE! That is actually the reason I prefer running games in full-screen windowed mode. Then I can just hit the windows-key. Do what I need to do with the game in the background (no alt-tab mess) and go right back into the action.

Please fix it - whatever it is.

guys i signed up just to tell you the temp fix! 

i enabled " auto hide taskbar" in windows and the problem stopped happening. 

i noticed that the problem happens when your mouse goes near the bottom of the screen and you click. THIS FIXES IT. THANK GOD. this was annoying the crap out of. see ya!

Sign in to follow this