Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
viceadmiral123

The Potato ship can do some work

15 comments in this topic

Players
1,221 posts
29,485 battles

The Potatolado can do some work when you don't get t10 mm. Chased by DDs and CVs most game :) In the meantime, pray you don't meet my Taiho if my Colorado is dead or I'm going for my daily Confederate flag dose:D

colorado can play too.jpg

• Cool 1

[SVX]
Beta Tester
438 posts
23,400 battles

After the guns were buffed about 1 month ago, it can dish out serious damage and actually do good in rounds.

[TACHA]
Players
1,793 posts
21,658 battles

I have seen you a few times today - on my side and against and you seem to be playing very well - I would promote yourself!

[K1NGS]
Players
14 posts
15,554 battles

Can someone for the life of me tell me how the hell you can target using the Suckorado and actually hit? I mean have mercy! I came grinding with NM with very good games and scores, and suddenly with this barrel of a ship I pray to hit something! I tried lowering my aim -nothing- (I noticed alot of misfiring cause the cells where going over the target). I tried adjusting my speed, not doing anything fancy while shooting... to no effect! It has huge disperse, very unpredictable RNG for its guns and really is getting frustrating.. Watched videos, again and again from people playing this ship. I dunnot shoot differently (!). Somehow though, I cannot get the hits I was getting with NM. Not even close...

Yesterday I was flamed by my group for not being effective against the enemy ships.. How can you respond to that, when you try your best aiming, and have no effect? I cannot claim that I am a super pro WoW gamer, but for sure I am not blind. This ship has simply its own mind. In some previous games with it I did fine. But in most of them, it seems very hard to get good hits. I am trying to get good results all the time. To learn its ways and be a supportive ship for my team... But it seems it just does not want you to achieve that by simply playing as with all the other ships! I am not complaining here for something that I cannot achieve. Its simple to achieve good hits if you get the hang of it. It is of course supposed to get harder when u change Tiers I absolutely get it. But! Not harder to achieve hits! I would never get to a forum and start this talk if I wasn't so damn pissed about this ship.. And I really could not wait to get her.. Anyway I hope I do something wrong in the end, and it is not the ship!

See you in game folks..

Edited by brutalos_gr

[RN]
Alpha Tester
921 posts

why are you complaining about colorado it was fine ship and still is. its pretty similar to nagato and if you dont like colo you will not like gato either.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,389 battles

I think if you're missing, you're too far away. I think Colorado needs to be a *close* support ship. In the pack, at medium range.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,412 posts
7,888 battles

why are you complaining about colorado it was fine ship and still is. its pretty similar to nagato and if you dont like colo you will not like gato either.

In CBT I thought they would play similarly - larger guns than before, less barrels, large number of secondarys.

I loved the Nagato, get in people's faces and bully them with the secondarys, before blowing them away with the large guns. It was my favourite BB in CBT.

Tried playing them similarly, the colorado struggles to close on anyone due to speed, the secondarys are anemic and don't provide any worthwhile damage, while the guns can miss everything at 6km.

They were two totally different ships, despite looking like they should play similarly.

I'm dreading having to play the colorado in OBT, hopefully by the time I get to it it will have had some tweaks 

[K1NGS]
Players
14 posts
15,554 battles

I always am close to my group never drifting away. This ship makes for everyone who plays it a bad name...

View Postgbgroger, on 30 August 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

After the guns were buffed about 1 month ago, it can dish out serious damage and actually do good in rounds.

When and IF it hits...

Are there any helpful hints from those people that claim the Colorado is actually good?

Edited by BigBadVuk

[K1NGS]
Players
14 posts
15,554 battles

I would like to add that after the patch the ship

1. Either became better and can actually hit where you shoot your cannons
  2. Or I managed to learn its ways of shooting.

Whatever the case maybe today I had fun playing the Colorado. I actually had high hopes they did something and maybe they did. If someone can observe, their artillery rating went up to 81 from 61/62 as well.

[RN]
Alpha Tester
921 posts

I always am close to my group never drifting away. This ship makes for everyone who plays it a bad name...

When and IF it hits...

Are there any helpful hints from those people that claim the Colorado is actually good?

main battery mod (increased accuracy)

Players
95 posts
2,224 battles

main battery mod (increased accuracy)

For USN BBs that first appears on tier 9, with the Iowa if I remember correctly (the 3 million costing upgrade).

IJN BBs are the one that get it very early on. 

Sign in to follow this