Sign in to follow this  
Dragalf

Mogami vs Myoko

19 comments in this topic

[S-V-G]
Beta Tester, Players
68 posts
19,143 battles

Ive read the Mogami got swapped with the Myoko regarding Tiers.

What bothers me is the fact that the Myoko at T7 shoots farther (16.1km) than the Mogami (15.1)

Are there any plans to change that? 

[KLLCV]
Beta Tester
508 posts
5,264 battles

Ive read the Mogami got swapped with the Myoko regarding Tiers.

What bothers me is the fact that the Myoko at T7 shoots farther (16.1km) than the Mogami (15.1)

Are there any plans to change that? 

Range is farther then the Myoko when one takes into account captain skills. 

[S-V-G]
Beta Tester, Players
68 posts
19,143 battles

Maybe Im doing something wrong, but mine is fully researched&upgraded, Type 7 Mod 1 shows 13.1 km and Type 7 Mod 2 shows 15.1 km

So what am I missing? 155mm guns installed.

[S-V-G]
Beta Tester, Players
68 posts
19,143 battles

Range is farther then the Myoko when one takes into account captain skills. 

OK, had the wrong skill. Will give it a try, ty.

[S-V-G]
Beta Tester, Players
68 posts
19,143 battles

well ok, doesnt show up in harbor, doesnt show up in battle at mouseover but it works :) thanks guys.

Edited by Dragnir666

Players
324 posts
3,103 battles

Doesn't that only work with the stock 155mm guns? The 203s don't get the commander range bonus, so you're still outranged by the Myoko.

Edited by Diminios

[S-V-G]
Beta Tester, Players
68 posts
19,143 battles

Doesn't that only work with the stock 155mm guns? The 203s don't get the commander range bonus, so you're still outranged by the Myoko.

Yes. that.

Most use 155mm tho because of 15 guns instead of 10 vs the 203mm.

[0031]
[0031]
Beta Tester
354 posts

Yes. that.

Most use 155mm tho because of 15 guns instead of 10 vs the 203mm.

I finally ground my way back to the Mogami and what? Swap? Why? And on that note, question: 155 mm 6 rounds/minute he damage 2600 = 15600 per/minute. 203 mm = 4 rounds per minute @3300 = 13200 damage So why should I upgrade to 203 mm. Your thoughts on that please. I wanted to ask that question in cbt, but was too lazy ;-)

Players
324 posts
3,103 battles

Do the Mogami's 155s shoot on a Cleveland-style arc? Or are they more or less as fast as the 203mm projectiles?

I finally ground my way back to the Mogami and what? Swap? Why? And on that note, question: 155 mm 6 rounds/minute he damage 2600 = 15600 per/minute. 203 mm = 4 rounds per minute @3300 = 13200 damage So why should I upgrade to 203 mm. Your thoughts on that please. I wanted to ask that question in cbt, but was too lazy ;-)
The point of 8" guns is to citadel your targets. That way the shells do their full damage, and with a good 203mm salvo you can take off half the hp of a cruiser. Trouble is hitting the citadels though.

[0031]
[0031]
Beta Tester
354 posts

Do the Mogami's 155s shoot on a Cleveland-style arc? Or are they more or less as fast as the 203mm projectiles?

The point of 8" guns is to citadel your targets. That way the shells do their full damage, and with a good 203mm salvo you can take off half the hp of a cruiser. Trouble is hitting the citadels though.

I know, but I citadel also with my 155 mm

[KLLCV]
Beta Tester
508 posts
5,264 battles

I know, but I citadel also with my 155 mm

U can Citadel with any Gun. The question is the arc. If u are within 5km of any ship, AP is usually a good bet because the armour is flat seeing as your arc is flat. The difference in the 203mm guns and the 155mm guns is that the arc is different, where the 155mm has a higher trajectory making HE more attractive, the 203mm does not, and results in AP being more effective as u can shoot flat on the enemy's armour belt from a farther distance. 

One must also understand that a high travel arc can also result in AP plunging fire. Meaning in theorie, u can citadel a ship from miles away. I however found that HE is more reliable and results in 6-8k dmg hits per salvo. 

Yes, Mogami's 155mm travel time and shell trajectory's are comparable to the Tier 6 USN cruiser Cleveland. 
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,590 battles

Yes, Mogami's 155mm travel time and shell trajectory's are comparable to the Tier 6 USN cruiser Cleveland. 

Not true, traveltime is faster, and the shell trajectory is alot flatter than the cleveland. Of course, shooting at targets 18km away, you will get 12 second traveltime and a rather high arc, but nowhere near the clevelands arc :)

Players
1 post
1,561 battles

Shell travel time with Mogami is almost the same as Myoko.

Mogami 155mm 10km=5.65s, 15km=10.16s, max 18km=13.77s

Myoko 203mm 10km=5.7km, 15km=9.82s, max 16km=10.85s

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

Shell travel time with Mogami is almost the same as Myoko.

Mogami 155mm 10km=5.65s, 15km=10.16s, max 18km=13.77s

Myoko 203mm 10km=5.7km, 15km=9.82s, max 16km=10.85s

It seems the 155km has higher initial velocity but losses much more speed as they go. Any expert can say if that is historical?

Players
150 posts
1,583 battles

It seems the 155km has higher initial velocity but losses much more speed as they go. Any expert can say if that is historical?

Can't say if it's historical or not, but from a physics standpoint it makes sense, lighter shell more easily slowed by wind resistance.

Beta Tester
93 posts
7,098 battles

lately i have been having issues with turrets getting blown up on mogami, and seeing it's only gonna get worse with next patch i wonder if we're gonna have another atlanta on our hands in that regard

[GOFER]
Players
1,607 posts
9,928 battles

lately i have been having issues with turrets getting blown up on mogami, and seeing it's only gonna get worse with next patch i wonder if we're gonna have another atlanta on our hands in that regard

yeah might be so, but playing atlanta you dont get the opportunity of shooting and actually hitting things at 18km

Players
11 posts
713 battles

I wonder why they don't just give the Mogami a range upgrade with the 203mm turrets. Max range of 15.x is nothing at that tier.

I don't have many games in it yet, but I really hate the 155mm ones. Can't citadel at long range against equal / higher tier enemies, nor burn them fast enough at medium ranges before they get a chance to take out large chunks of my health.

Also they get destroyed quite easily already, so I just hope I can upgrade, before the patch makes it even worse.

-edit- too late, patch is downloading

Edited by Konteradmiral_Tarpoon

Sign in to follow this