Blixies

Tell me how you like the Tirpitz!

26 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,882 battles

Well hello there sailors,

since the mighty Tirpitz is out now, I would much like to know your opinion about it!

Is it a good T8 BB? How does it play?

Do not take the price into consideration. 

Don't forget to mention if you actually own the ship (opinions of the non-owners are also appreciated though)

Thank you all in advance.

Players
1,497 posts
3,475 battles

well haveing played it for close to a month now and about 50 battles in it i think it is a fairly decent ship i have always been bad at writing in details but generaly i think the dispersion is a bit bad but otherwise i like the ship. ofcourse the games i have played in so far i have been focused down because of having it

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
141 posts
1,094 battles

I only tried it out in 2 PVE battles yet, but I liked it so far.

Having Torps for close combat is just awesome, wouldn't want to miss them anymore.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,431 battles

Mobility is very good, AA is bad, torps are a plus (although I still haven't had a chance to use them).

The guns are good or bad depending on RNG. Sometimes they're nice and do good damage, sometimes entire salvos miss. 

In the end it's a good ship, but so far I don't think it comes near the North Carolina performance wise. 

Beta Tester
3 posts
2,010 battles

Hello. Just wanted to offer my opinion on this beauty of a ship. I had some 10 games in her today. I have her fully upgraded (all the modules and having heard for the bad spread i opted for the accuracy module for the main guns). I have reached until tier 9 on closed beta on japan bbs and i believe it has pretty bad dispersion even with the acc module on.Granted it is my highest tier bb in open beta and i dont really know how they perform now, but 8 guns firing almost 50% of the shots like a shotgun is kinda lame. The american premium bb (the gift for the 50 games on closed beta transforms when you have the acc module on). I have noticed though on my last 2-3 games that when i was chasing someone or when i was beeing chased, and i could only bring to bear the 2 front or back turrets on target the acc was pretty good. The spread was good. When i tried to broadside the shots were all over the place. Also i noticed when broadsiding that if i fired each turret sequentially the spread was much better than when i fired a full salvo. It may very well be my impression though. Enough about guns though. I have noticed that it is really hard to citadel one ( and i have tried cos all you see today is tirpitzes:)). I am really happy with its armor. It feels like its protected really well. (it may very well be pure luck though because i dont have enough games in her). Her aa is pretty meh.. Nothing to be excited about. She is slow to reach 30+knots and while on maneuvers you are at 22-25 knots. Have fun. 

[_HOT]
Players
2 posts
3,367 battles

i have had a few games in it know and i do like it the dispersion is bad but i have noticed what SoToS22 was saying about braodsiding and then firing forward with only 2 turrets the accuracy is better then

Beta Tester
270 posts
5,550 battles

This ship is allright. 

The bundle price on the Tirpitz is no issue if youre like me, who simply likes this boat, and loves how it looks. *looks at his scalemodel of the Tirpitz*

This ship is pretty fast so you can get where you need to go in relatively short trips, where you dont fall too far behind those cruisers that have that good AA coverage. With a typical rudder time (20 sec) your mobility is very decent for a BB. The armor seems pretty tight, I've not been citaldel'd so far. I feel very confident when I'm taking on another BB that he will have a hard time getting through my armor. The only time I took a sh*tload of AP damage was when an Amagi landed a salvo on my broadside when I was focused on resetting a cap. 

I like the guns and their range (21km). They seem a bit derpy at times, but what BB doesnt have that problem? Spread is always an issue with guns that have good range. Then again, my highest tier BB is the Fuso so I could be wrong. Overall I've had good times with these guns, wether its APing cruisers or bigger. They have a good rate of fire, and they are able to get the citadels hits. I cant ask for much more. 

The AA ability is a problem, however. The Tirp falls a bit behind in AA power compared to the Amagi, and even more to the North Carolina. The most AA power on the Tirp comes from the 20mm guns, but 20mm AA gun only have 2,1km range in this game. I feel obligated to train my Tirp captain to spec for that 20% extra AA range talent, just to get my most powerfull AA guns into play. Because planes coming at you, and having closed to 2km or so, are about to drop their payload pretty soon anyway. If I can open up my 20mm AA a bit earlier.... who knows. One thing is for sure tho: If a Lexington is throwing his divebombers at you and a torp wave from both sides, youre in for a bad, bad time. And it wont matter if youre in an Amagi, Tirpitz or a North Carolina. :teethhappy:

But hey, this ship is sexy as all hell and its making me 400k creds on a decent round. This one is a solid performer in my book

Edited by MarlerudeKinstorm
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
47 posts
727 battles

I'm not paying 60 euros for a Ship! That's typical War Gaming for you over doing it with gold, prem, battle packs, free slot!  Why don't we just have the ship to buy just like most of everything else is? 

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/?item=1360 <---Atlanta!

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/?item=1366 <--- Atago!

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/?item=1359 <--- Murmansk (which will probs get replaced with a higher tier prem)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/?item=1431 <----Tirpitz 59.99 Euros!! 

Already got prem thanks, already got gold thanks, already got free slot thanks, Don't need them battle packs Thanks

Yeah no something i'm really shocked they never put flags in to the package could of charged EVEN MORE FOR IT!!! 

Is this Wargaming or Star Citizen Because at the minute i can't really tell!

Regards 

Rampy

Edited by Rampy
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
179 posts
2,542 battles
I truly love this ship, it's a very good credit earner (I had no premium time, still the cash-flow was awesome) and just so versatile and fun to play.

With her speed and maneuverability as well as the awesome reload and turret traverse (for a BB) she's very different from other BBs.
Her torps have awesome angles, decent damage and good speed, combined with the pretty good secondarie layout they are giving you an exclusive no-go aura around yourself. IMO she's one of the best brawlers in game. 
+ With her good armor and huge HP Pool she can always get close if you want to.

She just feels like an uparmored IJN CA (which i usually enjoy driving the most) so a dedicated BB driver will probably not like her as much as I do. 

I'll surely  re buy her when she's available without a package or in the ingame shop.

27a0oJY.png

Weekend Tester
946 posts

What do you think are optimum modules for Tirpitz?

Main battery 1 & 2, propulsion, steering 2, ignore last module?

Its the second module that seems to be critical; choice of dpm & traverse, accuracy (does this one even do anything?), or secondary battery range or AA range.

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,431 battles

accuracy (does this one even do anything?)

It decreases dispersion by 7%. Which is indeed basically nothing.

Take the AA module. 

Players
164 posts
3,500 battles

The tirpitz is awesome... I only had a tier 6 new mex and a fuso when I got it so I cant compare it to the other tier 8 ships yet but I do rather well against them most of the time.

Its fast, the guns are good, they fire quickly, AA is adequate, armor is good, and it has torpedos! Most importantly its fun to play.

There really isnt a lot to dislike about the tirpitz.

Players
165 posts
4,370 battles

It does the job , that was i say about it. If they removed the torps and gave it a slightly better AA i would be happier. 

[MASK]
Beta Tester
35 posts
4,632 battles

It is a great allrounder. As has been pointed out before, Tirpitz lack the AA for its tier, but it has some torps which yields an occasional fun moment.

Beta Tester
273 posts
4,109 battles

As a non owner, I did recently get slapped by the Tirpitz torpedoes. They seem to do a fair job of messing with destroyers.

[1DSF]
Moderator, In AlfaTesters
3,520 posts
9,518 battles

It's fun to play. Really good armour in Close and Mid  Range.Fast Turrets.  Good Sec. And Torps. But I would prefer more accurate Guns Instead of Torps.Hope the Bismarck will be that way.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

Well hello there sailors,

since the mighty Tirpitz is out now, I would much like to know your opinion about it!

It is a great ship, but has one problem - it goes mostly in straight line :trollface:

[FR]
[FR]
Beta Tester
25 posts
2,915 battles

I play my Tirpitz in Close range.

Modules increasing secondaries.

It's a nice brawler. Despite I'd like a slight buff in secondary effectiveness (this regarding all ships. To encourage Close engagements).

Beta Tester, Players
291 posts
10,361 battles

I am really sad I won't get it, as it looks very good.

But I can't pay such a price for another pixel vehicle sold with a bunch of useless stuff (30 days premium! Yepeeee!), even if it'a great machine.

Especially if the money goes to a company known for milking EU players while not being as generous with them as with the others, that said they won't unify gold/doubloons between WoT and WoWS and that removed a lot of maps for low Tier tanks. Right now, they don't deserve it.

I have the Sims (meh), the Murmansk (due to being OP, it will probably be retired), the Diana, the Ark Beta and the Warspite and I'm happy with those

[SEK20]
Players
9 posts
577 battles

It decreases dispersion by 7%. Which is indeed basically nothing.

Take the AA module. 

with the new implementation that u can see what mods do on the ship i looked for the dispersion

standart  at max 276m

with acc mod  at max 257m

that are only 9m less in dispersion

if it really would be 7% it would be atleast 19m

so i swich between the sec arty and flak mod  (looking whats working more)

Edited by Iluminas

[1DSF]
Moderator, In AlfaTesters
3,520 posts
9,518 battles

with the new implementation that u can see what mods do on the ship i looked for the dispersion

standart  at max 276m

with acc mod  at max 257m

that are only 9m less in dispersion

if it really would be 7% it would be atleast 19m

so i swich between the sec arty and flak mod  (looking whats working more)

ok math. 276-257=9  oh wait it's actually 19.:child:

Sign in to follow this