Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Memo1991

Help with enemy CVs fighters in our region

6 comments in this topic

Players
67 posts
784 battles

Hi captains,

I started playing CVs recently I like it though, however usually I face a challenge when playing against higher ranking USN CV fighter. Specially when the enemy mange to keep his fighter in our region.

This morning I had a match with 2 Langley vs enemy Bongue. I teamed up with my friend to fight the enemy fighters squadron. And that what happened : 

- After we teamed up we had  2 fighters, so we to fought the Bongue's 2 fighters.

- Our fighters were targeting 1 of his fighter, while he was fighting both of us at the same time since he has 2 fighters.

So he destroyed our fighters, then he manages to keep his fighter flying in our region ( near by our ship). After that I realized I couldn't launch anything without being destroyed. I asked for help from allies but no one did although we were just behind. I tried to launch my last wave of fighters and fly them above our cruisers so I can get help with allies AA but he quickly realize that and backed up his fighters above our ships. Then match ends without me doing any effective damage as result those fighters.

Finally the question:

In weak AA CVs, when the enemy CVs keep their fighters around our ships without any chance of destroying them with fighters and no one in allies helps with AA (which they usually don't). So what should you do in such a situation ?

* It happens to me several times so I rather seek help and advise from more experience player

Cheers. :honoring:

Edited by Memo1991

Alpha Tester
1,006 posts
11,990 battles

1) you are doomed in that situation

How solve that problem?

-skip the langley as fast as possible

- wait for 4.1 on 3 septs

Players
67 posts
784 battles

1) you are doomed in that situation

How solve that problem?

-skip the langley as fast as possible

- wait for 4.1 on 3 septs

Well even if I passed langley, I think I would still face the same challenge on the higher teirs.

I wish the more experienced players can guide us on such a situation.

~thank you anyway.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
814 posts
26,211 battles

Langley has very bad AAA. Literally every other CV has amongst the best AAA rating on its tier. For instance Bogue has AA rating of 38 I think.

So you won't have such a problem on higher tiers. You can easily shoot down enemy fighters if the enemy is stupid enough to keep them near your ship.

Also next patch will fix the carrier matchmaking (you should always get put against same tier carrier) and rebalance the fighters (they will have their base dps reduced and have manual ability added which does a lot of dage in an area, but uses up most of the ammo). So fighting back vs stronger planes will be easier.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this