You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kbb07142

How to Aim?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
96 posts
2,106 battles

I have actually been playing this game since closed beta but until recently I have been aiming by pure guess work.

However I just found out how much of a noob I was and realised if I pressed alt while aiming it gave a few important details.

The 1st detail gives you the distance to the enemy ship and is shown above the ship. I already new this

The 2nd detail gives you the distance to where you are aiming. I don't find this too usefull but it's nice to have I suppose.

Its the 3rd detail which is important. This tells you the shell travel time to where ever you are aiming at. For those that don't know this is found to the left of your aiming reticle.

Also, those numbers along the x-axis of your aiming line, they are not a distance measurement which I 1st thought lol.

They actually show where a ship will be if it is moving at 20 knots if that makes sense.

So, let's say a enemy ship is moving in a straight line at 20 knots. Your shell travel time to the ship is 10 seconds. So you line the 10 number up on the x -axis aiming bar to the centre of the enemy ship, pull the trigger and in 10 seconds all your shots will have landed in the centre of the enemy ship.

Now I have a few questions

1) is this correct?

2) is there anyway to determine the speed of the enemy ship?

3) I have seen a couple of posts saying you must subtract the enemy's ship sped from your own, but I don't think this is correct. Who is right?

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

I have actually been playing this game since closed beta but until recently I have been aiming by pure guess work.

However I just found out how much of a noob I was and realised if I pressed alt while aiming it gave a few important details.

The 1st detail gives you the distance to the enemy ship and is shown above the ship. I already new this

The 2nd detail gives you the distance to where you are aiming. I don't find this too usefull but it's nice to have I suppose.

Its the 3rd detail which is important. This tells you the shell travel time to where ever you are aiming at. For those that don't know this is found to the left of your aiming reticle.

Also, those numbers along the x-axis of your aiming line, they are not a distance measurement which I 1st thought lol.

They actually show where a ship will be if it is moving at 20 knots if that makes sense.

So, let's say a enemy ship is moving in a straight line at 20 knots. Your shell travel time to the ship is 10 seconds. So you line the 10 number up on the x -axis aiming bar to the centre of the enemy ship, pull the trigger and in 10 seconds all your shots will have landed in the centre of the enemy ship.

Now I have a few questions

1) is this correct?

2) is there anyway to determine the speed of the enemy ship?

3) I have seen a couple of posts saying you must subtract the enemy's ship sped from your own, but I don't think this is correct. Who is right?

1-havent tested it

2-you can guess or fire one turret

3-That depends on the way you are going but you certainly dont need to aim much further because camera auto locks to your enemy so yeah.

Beta Tester
115 posts
1,693 battles

You don't need to press alt..change in options to something else ( I don't know its name) and you get that alt thing without pressing alt.

Edited by Ragnarox

Players
331 posts

Settings / controls / search for "Alternative Battle Interface Mod" - a new world open.

Also, the aiming, even with all those elements (distance, shell travel time, and the cross aiming lines ) are different from:

a ) ship to ship

b) your speed

c) his speed

d) guns type

So, you get a lot of variables, things happen to fast, are no time to make all the math on that 5-10 sec window opportunity, only the experience will help you - so, play hard = learn faster :D