Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Userext

Tirpitz Cry Wall

30 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Let me prepare this one guy :child:

I know that ship looks fantastic but you are going to need a cry wall and i dont wat to see 5 diffrent "why does tirpitz suck!" thread.

It certainly doesnt look bad to me but you know there are people out there that can defend its a fair fight if a hashidate fights yamato.

• Cool 1

[BANG-]
Beta Tester
857 posts
11,484 battles

Let me add to this and be blunt:

JUST BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT A SHIP WITH REAL MONEY, DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T SUCK AS A PLAYER!!

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
1,753 posts

Well, lots of Youtube reviews out there, if someone is going to lay out that kind of money without informing themselves.............................

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Well, lots of Youtube reviews out there, if someone is going to lay out that kind of money without informing themselves.............................

oh no informing themself isnt the thing that will be problem here. You can watch tons of how to play yamato video but there will be couple of people out of 100k that will say yamato is UP

Beta Tester
79 posts
1,476 battles

Most youtube reviews seem rather positive. 

Going to be a lot of crying about how the guns are too inaccurate, though. (They kind of are, but they have to be balanced somewhere...). 

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Most youtube reviews seem rather positive. 

Going to be a lot of crying about how the guns are too inaccurate, though. (They kind of are, but they have to be balanced somewhere...). 

I am not sure if this is %100 true i think shell velocity is more than other BBs but the maint whine point will be AA. As jingles said its like a kongo but at tier8

Weekend Tester
483 posts

Hm iChase hit the nail with his preview imo. The others... just had no idea what they were doing, to put it bluntly. I know, a rare sight in my posts.

• Cool 1

[NAN0]
Players
253 posts
1,986 battles

Going to be a lot of "OMG too many noob BB drivers on my team! All they do is rely on torps and ram if fail! Fixplz"

We are also going to see a lot of whine from cruiser drivers because they got torped by a bb(since they are cruiser drivers they probably aren't paying attention to the release of a new bb and are going to be in for a surprise)

Atago 2.0 :P

Edited by kiteohatto
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Who is jingles and why the hell his opinion have so big metter here? 

he has 419k subs. More than that WG and jingles had problems a lot because jingles wasnt lying his [edited]off playing their game. After wowp WG was in a firefight with teh guy who gave jingles early acces to wowp
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
79 posts
1,476 battles

I am not sure if this is %100 true i think shell velocity is more than other BBs but the maint whine point will be AA. As jingles said its like a kongo but at tier8

Shell velocity seems good, true. AA isn't very good, true, but it wasn't that good on the Tirpitz in the first place (Germans weren't fans of dual purpose guns, which definitely hurts AA ability). What is a bit bad is that the dispersion rating is the same as for the Yamato, which seems... a bit on the high side, yeah? It was supposedly reasonably accurate, rather than the most inaccurate ship in the game.

(Same dispersion as Yamato but shorter range = less accurate than Yamato = most inaccurate ship in the game, the way I understand the numbers. If I*m wrong, do not hesitate to correct me.). 

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Shell velocity seems good, true. AA isn't very good, true, but it wasn't that good on the Tirpitz in the first place (Germans weren't fans of dual purpose guns, which definitely hurts AA ability). What is a bit bad is that the dispersion rating is the same as for the Yamato, which seems... a bit on the high side, yeah? It was supposedly reasonably accurate, rather than the most inaccurate ship in the game.

(Same dispersion as Yamato but shorter range = less accurate than Yamato = most inaccurate ship in the game, the way I understand the numbers. If I*m wrong, do not hesitate to correct me.). 

736px-Dispersion_value_table.jpeg

Beta Tester
79 posts
1,476 battles

(Nice table)

Eh, a word or two might help. But, I guess you're saying 'No, the Montana, Iowa and NC has even worse dispersion'. Which is fair enough; my thinking on the Yamato as worst accuracy is from not having looked much at the high tier US BB's in detail. :)

That the NC - also at tier 8 - has worse accuracy is rather important, though, while the Amagi is - relatively speaking - pinpoint accurate.

Edited by Eisenengel

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Eh, a word or two might help. But, I guess you're saying 'No, the Montana, Iowa and NC has even worse dispersion'. Which is fair enough; my thinking on the Yamato as worst accuracy is from not having looked much at the high tier US BB's in detail. :)

That the NC - also at tier 8 - has worse accuracy is rather important, though, while the Amagi is - relatively speaking - pinpoint accurate.

i wasnt saying anything but the dispersion isnt much of a big indicator to accuracy. I have seen games where montana scores hits left and right while someone in amagi cant hit the walls inside the barn.

I watched couple of tirpitz review videos non of them said its inaccurate

Alpha Tester
750 posts
627 battles

Tirpitz is accurate pretty enought didnt have too much problems to hit cruiser on 20km. It's not superlaserprecise but still good enought if you are avarage skilled player.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Beta Tester
225 posts
9,355 battles

Ah I hope this thread will fill up with tears of players who have 5 battles in Kawachi, think they know everything there is to know about BBs and are going to get in their first tier 8 matches with Tirpitzes:trollface: 

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Ah I hope this thread will fill up with tears of players who have 5 battles in Kawachi, think they know everything there is to know about BBs and are going to get in their first tier 8 matches with Tirpitzes:trollface: 

sush please CV players' saliva is dripping. :trollface:

Beta Tester
79 posts
1,476 battles

sush please CV players' saliva is dripping. :trollface:

Oh god. Yeah they'll have a field day. ANYTHING at tier VIII without massive AA is a big improvement. :)

Beta Tester
742 posts
1,694 battles

I agree, the Tirpitz certainly looks like it going to a very well balanced additon to the ship lines (unlike the warspite and its insultingly bad turret rotation speed!:sceptic:)

it looks to be good at everything with no real weakness
a little under gunned (15") but the Turret rotation, range and 25sec RoF certainly make up for that

fast for a BB

healthy hit point pool

a nasty sting at 6km with those fish punters on either side (which from the sounds of it are pretty easy to disable)

AA is addequete for a BB, not so powerful that the battleship can ignore carrier aircraft (much to the "battleships should only be vulnerable to other battleships" crowd's disgust :P) but not so weak that a strike will get though without taking losses.

but for the sake of argument can there be such thing as being too balanced? I know its a bit too early to say so without seeing it in action but I dont really see ANY negative aspect of the Tripitz

Edited by AegeanGhost
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
93 posts
4,662 battles

I agree, the Tirpitz certainly looks like it going to a very well balanced additon to the ship lines (unlike the warspite and its insultingly bad turret rotation speed!:sceptic:)

it looks to be good at everything with no real weakness

a little under gunned (15") but the Turret rotation, range and 25sec RoF certainly make up for that

fast for a BB

healthy hit point pool

a nasty sting at 6km with those fish punters on either side (which from the sounds of it are pretty easy to disable)

AA is addequete for a BB, not so powerful that the battleship can ignore carrier aircraft (much to the "battleships should only be vulnerable to other battleships" crowd's disgust :P) but not so weak that a strike will get though without taking losses.

but for the sake of argument can there be such thing as being too balanced? I know its a bit too early to say so without seeing it in action but I dont really see ANY negative aspect of the Tripitz

I really wouldn't call its AA adequate, if u look at its actual DPS values it's actually pretty damn weak. And that's perfectly fine imo as tier 8 premiums always tend to be weaker in some regards to their tech tree counterparts. In the tirpitz's case this seems to be AA.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Beta Tester
225 posts
9,355 battles

I'd go with increased accuracy but can't really tell what'll be worth of mounting before testing it out.

Weekend Tester
1,244 posts

The Tirpitz's guns are more accurate than those on the Warspite, so if you think it's got "the worst accuracy in the game", the warspite's accuracy REALLY sucks.

Warspite: 219m dispersion @ 16.3 km = 13.44m/km

Tirpitz: 276m dispersion @ 21.5 km = 12.83m/km

North Carolina: 293m dispersion @ 23.3 km = 12.58m/km

It's less accurate than the North Carolina but not by much.

EDIT: but compared to the Amagi's 11.41m/km it does suck.

Edited by xCaptainObviousx

[SOFI]
Beta Tester
229 posts
12,079 battles

gonna buy her for sure, but driving before a german captn has at least 10 skillpoints ? no chance in hell

Sign in to follow this