ChickenCheeze23

What's wrong with the Nagato's guns?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
7 posts
2,517 battles

Why are the Nagato's guns so bad? It's next to impossible for me to citadel any equal tier BB's and its difficult to get them against tier 6's. I would have expected 2200lb 16 inch shells to have significantly more penetrating power than the Fuso's 14 inch guns but that barely seems to be the case.

That topped by the fact that the dispersion is abysmal makes this ship an absolute nightmare to play. Am I just unlucky or is there actually something wrong with them?

• Cool 1

[SUOLA]
Beta Tester
60 posts
7,329 battles

My scores Nagato vs Fuso

- Seems like hit ratio is +6% compared to Fuso, so cannons are not so inaccurate.

- But damage seems to be -7000 on Nagato, but again AVG EXP is almost same...

When you get a hull upgrade to Nagato, things start going easier...

NAGATO:

Battles 68

Average Score per Battle

Experience 1,744.15
Damage caused 65,536.34
Warships destroyed 1.18
Aircraft destroyed 3.22
Main battery hit ratio 28%
Base capture 1.96
Base defense 6.16

FUSO:

Battles 38

Average Score per Battle

Experience 1,706.89
Damage caused 72,251.47
Warships destroyed 1.32
Aircraft destroyed 1.92
Main battery hit ratio 22%
Base capture 2.26
Base defense 8.71

Alpha Tester
1,049 posts
2,356 battles

Last time I played Nagato was during cbt but then it was fine for me.

Same for me, but I prefer playing brawlers over snipers which suits Nagato so that might be the reason why.

Players
366 posts
13,649 battles

I liked Fuso, but even fully upgraded the Nagato is just horrible; slow, unmanouverable (you will not be able to dodge any air dropped torps) and woefully inaccurate guns even by current-BB standards which do very little damage compared to their paper stats. A lot of the people saying they liked Nagato are saying it about the CBT iteration of the ship...

Players
1 post
603 battles

For me the Nagato is an improvement of Fuso. The reduced shell travel time makes it easier to aim at longer distances. I get citadel hits more regular.

I'm probably not that good player but really enjoy Nagato and my gameplay has improved with it. Trying to be more offensive when possible. (Had too many games resulting in draws for a period so i changed my playstyle.)

Players
69 posts
4,103 battles

You Need to play the Nagato with the Main Gun Modification upgrade so you have better accuracy. With that and the rest of the updates the Nagato is a beast of a ship, far outclassing USA tier 7 Colorado. I find the Nagato guns are very accurate and powerful, lots of citadel hits here!

Edited by DaOrange

[ROGUE]
Players
111 posts
20,789 battles

Nagato's accuracy is fine, definitely superior to Fuso.

Havingless guns with slower reload may falsely lead ppl. to believe that the fuso is more accurate/ has better guns. 

Beta Tester
130 posts
4,948 battles

To me, Nagato is clearly superior to both Fuso and Kongo in pretty much every way. I haven't played the US battleships so I can't say anything about those.

Furthermore, imho, no battleship in this game is a sniper. If you're sniping at 20km with a BB, you're simply doing it wrong. Point your bow at the enemy, angle, and wreck them with your front turrets at 10-12km range. Engage.

Beta Tester
7 posts
2,517 battles

I never play a battleship as a sniper unless I have to, but the Nagato's guns are special. Even at close range they miss and often when I hit the citadel of a ship I can easily penetrate it often doesn't deal citadel damage. I've never had this problem with any of the other Japanese BB's. My luck has been a bit better recently but it still frustrates me to no end.

• Cool 1

[SOCKS]
Players
790 posts
5,620 battles

I just unlocked the nagato and had my first 2 games with it. Whoever says this thing has problems with the guns seriously needs a reality check. They're awesomeness incarnate. 114k average damage, 3100 average XP... granted that I spent free XP to unlock the range modification, but good grief this ship is fantastic.

Players
331 posts

I struggle with Nagato badly, I am throw vs Iowa.s who take half of mu HP in a single hit,  I shoot back, aimed at citadels, sparks and 1000 xp... just horrible guns on stock ship.... and the stock hull armor its a true nightmare, ANYTHING will pen that hull...

Edited by SENAdmiral
  • Cool 1