Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
havaduck

Farewell to Summer - x2

32 comments in this topic

Players
2,989 posts
11,824 battles

Its this:

This special will grant you x2 XP from 28 August at 7:10 until 31 August at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2). So log in, put your captain's hat on and reel in the anchor!

While its great to have at least something on the EU Server, I get the feeling WG is deliberately trying to piss people off:

28-31 August: Iron Bottom Sound #2

Event Start: 28/08/2015 @14:00 UTC+8
Event End: 31/08/2015 @13:30 UTC+8

First Win Bonus x 3

Asia Server, ofc and first wins only for both events.

It may be a stupid mistake but .... you should really check what your doing - its recepted as:

even moreso since we all know how the situation with the understafed EU-Side in events and contests ...... is rather bleak.

Edited by havaduck
  • Cool 3

Players
72 posts

Edit: nevermind, I'm dumber than I thought.

Edit2: oh wait, this really is just a First Win special that the NA server gets every weekend. So generous, thanks guys!

Edited by anonym_GKEljZAsgbBN

[KLUNJ]
[KLUNJ]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
11,772 battles

eu players are wg cash cow

the less xp we get the more chance we will buy premium time

seems so unfair when rest of the wg servers give better rewards to the players on them

• Cool 1

[STS]
Alpha Tester
77 posts
2,100 battles

NA server gets x2 special every weekend. Thanks WG EU, you never disappoint to treat us like trash.

You already realized the difference in active Users between US and EU? So they need to do something to either catch people or keep the players happy playing the game.

Why couldn't it just be x2 for all exp weekend instead :(

First wins are meh....

Mh nice idea would be something but that would mean at the end, that you will feed the players with to much exp in a short period.

Why are you not just happy with what you get, even 2x EXP is pretty ok :). At least I am happy about each small Event we get.

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

It's nice that they finally added some sort of weekend special (even if it's worse than other regions).

But no, thanks. Lots of better things to do in a weekend. This is not "something you just can't ignore".

[KLUNJ]
[KLUNJ]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
11,772 battles

You already realized the difference in active Users between US and EU? So they need to do something to either catch people or keep the players happy playing the game.

Mh nice idea would be something but that would mean at the end, that you will feed the players with to much exp in a short period.

Why are you not just happy with what you get, even 2x EXP is pretty ok :). At least I am happy about each small Event we get.

tell you why people aint happy with the x2 = it brings out the rush and die idiots who do their hardest to rush each ship in battle to gain x2 for all ships in the port

it would have been better with a high x5 where even the god awful losses still get you some xp or leave it alone and let the idiots (probably me :P) play as normal

Beta Tester
91 posts
6,985 battles

You cant compare the different servers like this.

All throughout gamescom EU players got a x3 modifer for their first win. No other server got that.

As much as I also dislike having the game spit up into several shards like this, this is not one of the things wargaming does wrong.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

Funny thing, the NA forum guys were fuming all the time how the game was exactly what they wanted, so their server pop will be very high, because warships are hugely popular in USA, way more than tanks. OBT came, and all is exactly as always, NA server have the least population with the best events.

Oh, waiiit... they didn't get the Worst Deal Ever that was Mikasa. So now the tinfoil hats are on and the WG officially hates the NA and is taking revenge for the HumbleBundle flop (remind me, which server get the HB and in consequence almost free Murmansk?). Or so they say.

WG should just drop the "different servers, different teams" crap and just make one team with one events for all (just account for the timezones), as this is getting beyond boring now. unless they enjoy the flame and want to play in divide et impera in they own little playground.

• Cool 1

[STS]
Alpha Tester
77 posts
2,100 battles

All throughout gamescom EU players got a x3 modifer for their first win. No other server got that.

As much as I also dislike having the game spit up into several shards like this, this is not one of the things wargaming does wrong.

Exactly! Like I mentioned above already and it is absolutly true :) +1 for that

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

why couldnt it be 2x all the time? Isnt wot 2x all the time for first win?

Apparently is the same reason that we cant have premium ships or equipment demounting at the same prices as in WoT.

Players
72 posts

Let's wait and see their PAX special which will be out shortly. I've got a feeling it'll be much more than a measly x3.

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

Keep in mind that every modifier is good due to the fact that we have also flags and prem account and it all multiplies. During that 3x gamescon special I had several 15k exp games (first win, flag, premium).

Beta Tester
441 posts
1,160 battles

Don't give a rat's [edited]about increased exp bonuses because I'm not limited by my experience gains. I'd prefer an increase in credit gains.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,381 battles

Don't give a rat's [edited]about increased exp bonuses because I'm not limited by my experience gains. I'd prefer an increase in credit gains.

^this

Beta Tester
226 posts

If WG wants World Of Warships to remain a niche game, they just need to keep doing exactly what they have been doing so far.

I mostly like the gameplay, but the variation between battles is so insignificant that I usually lose the motivation to keep going for that day after just 3-4 battles. This is not helped by the almost complete lack of events or anything worthwhile to spice up your efforts.

[URGRN]
Beta Tester
328 posts
1,755 battles

i mean come on, normal FW is x1.5 and you give us x2...yeah, many difference, such wow.

x3 would make an actual difference, not x2 which gives like what, 200-300xp more, damn, DEM GAINZ !!!

or a credits gain over the weekend or something, this is turning to EU WoT 2.0, where NA gains more than EU ever did or will for that matter

Edited by NecroFlex

[GGGC]
Players
70 posts
10,664 battles

reminds me of the 'useful' events we used to(/still) get on the EU WoT server.

Yea, EU totally not neglected with more than a few events and stuff.

Beta Tester
872 posts
5,885 battles

To be honest I couldn't give a rats arse if it were x5 or even x10. I don't even play them for x 1.5. Play them because I like them and that's it.

For an end of Summer thing, I would come up with something more interesting than boring x2. No doubt it's because they are under staffed - wonder how long that excuse will go on for. Never known a big company to take so long to employ someone, well ok two. Them cut backs. Come on, seriously, make the maps go darker as the end of summer sun goes down or bring in an autumn camouflage for our ships or a autumn map, something more interesting. I want to spend money on this game but there is absolutely no frigging reason to do so. It must be late, need my x2 pills.

Beta Tester
90 posts
997 battles

Keep in mind that every modifier is good due to the fact that we have also flags and prem account and it all multiplies. During that 3x gamescon special I had several 15k exp games (first win, flag, premium).

The flag is added to the first win bonus, not multiplied. Only the +50% premium is applied as a final multiplier.

I.e. the 2x bonus is exactly like a 1.5x with a 50% flag.

[AEIOU]
Beta Tester
70 posts
8,119 battles

and why isnt it live already? still 1.5x at 9:00 gmt+1

Players
273 posts
2,475 battles

And where is the patch?

Broken badly, fixed and being tested as normal sw procedure goes forward.
Edited by KPtja

Sign in to follow this