Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_noodle

Not getting achievements

7 comments in this topic

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,389 battles

for the last week or so I've not got any achievements in game such as devastating strike etc. now I was willing to let that go since playing cruisers I rarely get first blood or some of the other stranger ones, and confederate I've been just short of when having a good game. 

However. This morning I took out Murmansk. Had a good game and died defending the cap. I sank three ships, the last one was the destroyer who sank me, as my salvoes finished him off seconds after he sank me with Torps. 

It even came up in chat in that order, but I didn't get the "flesh wound" achievement. 

Am I paranoid or is something wrong here?

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
23 posts
9,916 battles

Ive had this "issue" too. It seems that if you sink an enemy vessel just a few seconds after you get destroyed, it doesn't trigger the achievement. In my experience there has to be something like a minimum of 2-3 seconds between you getting sunk and you sinking an enemy ship. 

[EW_YK]
Players
439 posts
13,829 battles

With all due respect Jepp21 I think you are wrong. I got that 2 times yesterday. One of which was probably under a second. I destroyed a Phoenix but like this.

I was in the Cleaveland(under 1k health left) and I fire sequentially on most ships. The phoenix was under 2 km's away with also under 1k health. He fired and so did I almost at the same time. I got taken out before my third turret fired and nearly at the same time my first salvo from the first turret hit and took him out. I did get "It's just a flesh wound" I had numerous DD battles were both me and the guy who killed me(both of us dying at the most 1-2 secs away) got First Blood. This might be a account specific bug or it might be due to connectivity can's say since I dont do development on the game but it is definitely a bug. I also had numerous games where I took out over 30 aircraft and did not get "Clear Sky" but I always forget to turn on the recording function and I do not want to submit a bug with no replay since I might be the one that is mistaken and it is easier to get to the bottom f an issue when all that is needed is there.

In short you guys are definitely not having the default game behavior.

Edited by Barkyro

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
23 posts
9,916 battles

then it might be due to lag perhaps? Its not like i've otherwise experienced fulfilling achievement criteria and then not getting the achievement (well, not sure about close quarters expert, but that one seems to be surrounded by mystery)

or it might be down to the way the game shows you the "enemy destroyed" that might cause confusion in some cases

[EW_YK]
Players
439 posts
13,829 battles

In any case if any of you have a video of the game you suspected of being buggy than you should do a ticket else I do not see how WG could see what went wrong.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,389 battles

I think there might be a short "grace" period. It was kind of simultaneous. I suppose the server couldn't be sure who to give it to.

Oh well, the drought of achievements continues. Oddly it seems I'm getting fewer (or none) after trying to play better.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Beta Tester
225 posts
9,355 battles

Yesterday saw Minekaze and Atlanta torp each other and both of them were awarded "First Blood" and "Devastating Strike" achievements :P

Edit: Found the pic! 

FW5fOBT.jpg?1

Edited by Z3th0r0s

Sign in to follow this