Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
damo74

Any more British premium ships soon?

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
704 posts
2,406 battles

Now I know that WG will be giving us the famous and renowned Russian navy first, followed by Switzerland, Afghanistan, Chad, and Monaco. So it's going to be a few years before the Royal Navy makes a full appearance.

I wanted to ask WG if there are any plans for further British premium ships coming first.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
4,249 posts
848 battles

To be honest, I am a bit tired of this constant complaining about British ships and their supposed scarcity... you guys got the Warspite; you could play with it for a while.

People like me who are going to do a triple somersault when we get an Italian tech tree (or other people who would do likewise for the French tree, same idea) are going to be waiting a lot more than what you British ship lovers are going to wait, even for a premium.

For crying out loud, be a little grateful for what you got...

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
497 posts
8,762 battles

Will properly see the Tripitz first, as it's ready. Annoyed at myself that I didn't get the Warspite back when it was in the shop.

Beta Tester
1,753 posts

To be honest, I am a bit tired of this constant complaining about British ships and their supposed scarcity... you guys got the Warspite; you could play with it for a while.

People like me who are going to do a triple somersault when we get an Italian tech tree (or other people who would do likewise for the French tree, same idea) are going to be waiting a lot more than what you British ship lovers are going to wait, even for a premium.

OK, to be fair, Warspite is not available to many of the new players that have arrived and this like my thread is at least positive, although a search would have found an existing thread on the subject:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/23025-british-premium-content/page__hl__%2Bbritish+%2Bpremium__fromsearch__1

I'll bump it up again, there are already some great ideas on there.

Perhaps VUK could work his magic and merge this and that.

Edited by Aldramelech

Beta Tester
742 posts
1,694 battles

Now I know that WG will be giving us the famous and renowned Russian navy first, followed by Switzerland, Afghanistan, Chad, and Monaco. So it's going to be a few years before the Royal Navy makes a full appearance.

I wanted to ask WG if there are any plans for further British premium ships coming first.

you forgot Fiji!

Fijian%20Sailing%20Canoe.jpg

we've got to have a Fijian war canoe in game before the Royal navy arrives!

armed with a single man at the bow hurling Instant death spears at ships 10+Km away... Moi strong

Edited by AegeanGhost
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
385 posts
2,478 battles

Poor attitude. My commiserations if you were unfortunate enough to miss out on the Warspite but have some patience. The Germans are about to get their first premium, where the Royal Navy have already had one - and others like the french and italians haven't even had a wild rumour to cling to yet.

Beta Tester
4,249 posts
848 battles

OK, to be fair, Warspite is not available to many of the new players that have arrived and this like my thread is at least positive, although a search would have found an existing thread on the subject:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/23025-british-premium-content/page__hl__%2Bbritish+%2Bpremium__fromsearch__1

I'll bump it up again, there are already some great ideas on there.

Perhaps VUK could work his magic and merge this and that.

All I'm saying is, it's very likely that before the RN tree shows up there will be one or perhaps even more British premium ships. In top of that, in CBT we had a British premium. So, your wait will not be very long, or without a treat sometimes along the road either.

Others who might be interested in other ships will have to wait longer and with less chances of seeing a premium.

I'm just asking to take this into consideration. It's only fair, after all.

[ODIUM]
Players
547 posts
14,576 battles

Really want to see HMS Agincourt as a premium, 

6 turrets on a Wyoming pahh. 

She'd also cover Brazil & Turkey 

Beta Tester
218 posts
4,196 battles

I'm still pissed that they took my Warspite off me, then put it in the shop for a few days while i was away on holiday, so unable to rebuy it, if i bought it once, why did i have to buy it? I didn't have to do that with the other premiums that i bought, so why the Warspite?

its BS of the highest order

Beta Tester
4,249 posts
848 battles

Really want to see HMS Agincourt as a premium, 

6 turrets on a Wyoming pahh. 

She'd also cover Brazil & Turkey 

But if she's sailing as a British premium, how can she be considered part of either the Brazilian or Turkish Navy, if not ideally (but how many would be satisfied with that)?

Beta Tester
951 posts

It would be nice, but seeing as that whole tech tree bit was removed from the Port area(and yes I know it was blank)I get the feeling that it might be quite some time before we see another RN ship. Indeed I'm willing to bet that there will always be more Russian ships in the game.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
10,194 battles

Yes, the HMS Patience is in the premium store now.

And you can get it for free!

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
615 posts
1,251 battles

But if she's sailing as a British premium, how can she be considered part of either the Brazilian or Turkish Navy, if not ideally (but how many would be satisfied with that)?

It was made in the UK for Brazil, sold to Turkey before completion as Brazil couldn't afford it, then confiscated by the Royal navy when the first world war started since Turkey was then politically aligned to Germany.  This gave it three owners in less than a year!
Edited by Battledragon

Beta Tester
4,249 posts
848 battles

It was made in the UK for Brazil, sold to Turkey before completion as Brazil couldn't afford it, then confiscated by the Royal navy when the first world war started since Turkey was then politically aligned to Germany.  This gave it three owners in less than a year!

I know, but if in-game she sails under the White Ensign, how much of a Brazilian or a Turkish ship she might be considered?

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

Only she was never commisioned into any other navy than the RN.

Beta Tester
704 posts
2,406 battles

Because we have 2 premium Russian ships already

We have 2-3 American and Japanese premium ships already, and they also have complete tech trees.

We have 1 premium British ship, which isn't available to most players as far as I know and a full tech tree probably years away.

I would also welcome French and/or Italian premium ships.

Beta Tester
615 posts
1,251 battles

How about a Dido class premium?  I mean it was basically the same idea as Atlanta (although a bit smaller), which is already a premium.

HMS_Argonaut.png

Edited by Battledragon

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

How about a Dido class premium?  I mean it was basically the same idea as Atlanta (although a bit smaller), which is already a premium.

HMS_Argonaut.png

Scylla and/or Charybdis would be excellent premiums, since their main armament is much weaker than standard ships of the class (4x2 4.5in vs 5x2 5.5in).

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,078 posts
22,092 battles

Royal Navy?

Ain't nobody ever heard about that. I'm soooo looking forward to the legendary soviet boats.

:trollface:

I can see the reasons for germany... but come on the russians didnt even have a navy... and it would have been hopeless anyway as uncle joe would have shot any half decent commander anyhow....due to them being evil imperialist pugs....

Beta Tester
615 posts
1,251 battles

Scylla and/or Charybdis would be excellent premiums, since their main armament is much weaker than standard ships of the class (4x2 4.5in vs 5x2 5.5in).

I'd really rather not have either of those, there are DESTROYERS with better guns than that.  If not an Actual Dido then I'd say HMS Bellona, 4X2  5.25 inch (133mm) guns, and improved AA compared to a standard Dido (6x2 20mm, 12x1 20mm,  3X4 40mm Pom Poms).  The lack of much AA besides the DP main guns mean I think any Varient of the Dido would be best as a premium, they're going to be very nich ships, and would probably stuggle anywhere above tier 6.
Edited by Battledragon

Sign in to follow this