RojBlake

Kamikaze

10 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
3,246 battles

Was just thinking, players of the Japanese carriers could be offered the option of Kamikaze, to add a little realism. Of course at the start of the game it would be crazy, but say your carrier was almost dead and little chance of getting the planes back and reloaded, give the option to crash the plane into a target...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
354 posts
1,037 battles

funny idea imo.

But, in the sense of balance, then i don't think it'll Work (since fires on a ship was rather deadly during WWII(regarding your need for realism))

Sailing Hamster
3,124 posts
1,275 battles

Was just thinking, players of the Japanese carriers could be offered the option of Kamikaze, to add a little realism. Of course at the start of the game it would be crazy, but say your carrier was almost dead and little chance of getting the planes back and reloaded, give the option to crash the plane into a target...

Too bad that it's not realistic since kamikazes were from land bases. Besides it started as an act of desperation which is not necessary in this game.
  • Cool 1

Players
8 posts
3,246 battles

Too bad that it's not realistic since kamikazes were from land bases. Besides it started as an act of desperation which is not necessary in this game.

Not sure about last point, some of the games I've been in can get very desperate :p

Players
340 posts
4,794 battles

The devs said there will be no kamikaze in this game.

Hehe, I got Umikaze DD. This sounds like kamikaze and can ve very effective against other DD :B

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,403 battles

say your carrier was almost dead and little chance of getting the planes back and reloaded, give the option to crash the plane into a target...

Planes without a load and low on fuel wouldn't do anything against a ship. Kamikaze planes were only effective because they were fully loaded with all kinds of explosives or fuel tanks.

An empty plane just doesn't have enough force/power to do any significant damage. 

Kamikaze aircraft were essentially pilot-guided explosive missiles, purpose-built or converted from conventional aircraft. Pilots would attempt to crash their aircraft into enemy ships in what was called a "body attack" (体当たり; 体当り,taiatari) in planes laden with some combination of explosivesbombstorpedoes and full fuel tanks; accuracy was much better than a conventional attack, the payload and explosion larger.

Beta Tester
93 posts
3,195 battles

Hehe, I got Umikaze DD. This sounds like kamikaze and can ve very effective against other DD :B

"Kaze" means "wind" in japanese, and thus there is a LOT of destroyers with "kaze" in their names : Shimakaze, Hatsukaze, Maikaze, Urakaze, Tanikaze, Hamakaze, Isokaze, Tokitsukaze, Yukikaze, Amatsukaze, etc ... :D

Players
12 posts
3,447 battles

"Kaze" means "wind" in japanese, and thus there is a LOT of destroyers with "kaze" in their names : Shimakaze, Hatsukaze, Maikaze, Urakaze, Tanikaze, Hamakaze, Isokaze, Tokitsukaze, Yukikaze, Amatsukaze, etc ... :D

I assume the japanese navy all sufferd from severe flatulence.....