KptStrzyga

Pls buff income on Atago.

75 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

No, it`s not about performance. I know premium ships aren`t supposed to be good, they are not supposed to be easy to play and I like it. It`s not pay to win. I didn`t buy it because I wanted to pwn everything with clicking left button without thinking. I bought Atago to make me lots of credits. And this is my problem: in this matter Atago isn`t too good.

Tier 5 premiums can make better profit on average, I have Gremmy and it`s brilliant: fun to play, making good credits and cheap to run - really cheap, repairs and ammo costs 20k credits at most after every game, while Atago, very expensive tier 8 cruiser supposed to be very profitable costs waaaay over 50k every game. 

If regular free tiers 5 - 6 can be as good moneymakers as tier 8 premium than what`s the point? :P

Even when you compare Murmansk to Atago: Atago has 1 km more range but Murmansk has more dpm on HE and AP both... While it`s much cheaper to run. 

Pls WG, do something with it. Or you`ll not sell many of those. 

Edited by KptStrzyga
  • Cool 12

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
9,697 battles

the low credits is why I mainly play my Murmansk and not the sexy atago

in Murmansk you get into a game immediately and the games tend to be very evenly balanced so you get the chance to earn good credits whereas in the atago it tends to be tier 10 games and its harder to make credits when you need em the most

atago= great ship but not so great credit maker

I must admit though I do play in division games and one of my regular division players can make over 400,000 with the atago on a regular basis (he is a very good player with a 60% win rate and high damage output)

Players
9,412 posts
11,025 battles

The point of Atago is to make money... but for Wargaming, not for puny players.

• Cool 7

Players
1,146 posts

Try Tier 8 Mogami - if you get sunk without 40+ hits and you don't have a premium account you have to pay more than you get out of it!

Too lazy to grind to tier 8 and still complaining... :/

Edited by 3murmeln
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

Try Tier 8 Mogami - if you get sunk without 40+ hits and you don't have a premium account you have to pay more than you get out of it!

Too lazy to grind to tier 8 and still complaining... :/

You completly missed my point, didn`t you?

I got used to WOT economy model. Model that is working well. You can slowly farm credits with low tiers or you can buy expensive tier 8 golden limo to do it faster. Regular tiers 8 aren`t profitable by the rule, unless you are excellent player. I also have few tier 5 premium tanks in my garage, they are fun toys, they are good crew trainers, they are making some profit, but when it comes to earning tons of credits I don`t even think about anything else than my tier 8 premium tanks - that`s where money is. This is what I pay for. This is what I was expecting when I was buying Atago - to be my main cash cow.

But it isn`t. Regular tiers 6 can farm credits faster. Now you see what my problem with this ship is? My problem is that Gremmy will remain my main credit machine because expensive (40 euro ffs) Atago is worse. 

HAO2q9r.jpg

Edited by KptStrzyga
  • Cool 4

Beta Tester
305 posts
3,662 battles

umm atago make nice credits only if u make big damage , i got over 400 k credits with him when i maded over 100 k damage, when u make under 100 k u get 200-250 k credits

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

umm atago make nice credits only if u make big damage , i got over 400 k credits with him when i maded over 100 k damage, when u make under 100 k u get 200-250 k credits

Let`s talk about pure profit: what are advantages of buying expensive tier 8 over cheap tier 5 premium ship if profit is more or less same because for Atago you have to pay 50 - 100 k credits after every game?

Weekend Tester
22 posts

i don´t see any atago economy buffs either, but as after work pve wallet warrior i bought the ship for the same reason.

in pve you make barely money, even after they buffed it( yes it got buffed once as stealth fix). at start of the obt, with 50k dmg you barely made a 50k silver, now you get around 80k for the same dmg(just simple atago and atlanta only match as they are in pve tier 8).

this covers at least for the repair(70k) and a bit of the ammunition.

but yes in pve i play my kongo to be able to play my atago.

and no after work i have no intention to play pvp after all that toxic enviroment at cbt end. maybe if we can disable chat like in wot^^

Beta Tester
1,742 posts

I'm not a great player but I seem to make enough money out of it to justify it's being in my port, I'll pay closer attention to the profit now and see if I can see what your seeing but at the moment the only thing that stops me playing it more is it's MM.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,861 posts
9,430 battles

Let`s talk about pure profit: what are advantages of buying expensive tier 8 over cheap tier 5 premium ship if profit is more or less same because for Atago you have to pay 50 - 100 k credits after every game?

I don't have a Murmansk, could you post some results from your Murmansk battles and I'll compare.

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

I don't have a Murmansk, could you post some results from your Murmansk battles and I'll compare.

I don`t have Murmansk either. I have Gremmy. And my Gremmy makes 200k on average game, 300 on very good one, just like Atago, while repair costs are drastically different. On Gremmy I keep almost all the money (up to 20k for repairs) while on Atago I spend up to 100k for repairs. Something does not feel right here. I really expected to make more profit on tier 8 premium. 

Here are some of my games in Atago:

tZMwVE4.jpg

8BkrnZT.jpgMxPVUS3.jpg

Repairs are 66500, ammo another 10k. That`s 75k for one game.

I`ll post some screens with Gremmy but I have to make them first. 

Edited by KptStrzyga

Beta Tester
1,742 posts

I have Murmansk and Grem. Murmansk makes more money for me but that's because I suck at playing DD's.

I'll play a game and get some screen shots for you.

Beta Tester
72 posts
665 battles

Well for me, I have Muru and Atego, I make more cash with Muru, and my brother also reports the same thing.

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

I don't take sceencaps of the "economy" tab, so just subtract repairs and ammo costs from these:

Decent winshot-15.08.03_23.04.54-0439.jpg

Okay draw

shot-15.07.27_20.57.13-0848.jpg

Even horrible losses leaves at least 100k as profit (minus 75k), while a good win gives almost 450k (minus 75k).

Fify.

On horrible game (and let`s be honest here, this kind of games will happen sometimes because Atago is one huge citadel with sailors running around carrying little citadels to make sure that every shot hits citadel) you`ll lose credits. That`s ok, we don`t want idiots entering battle just to yolo asap because they`ll make money no matter how bad they play. 

But IMO good games should be rewarder better. I`d love 200 - 300 profit (not income) on average game. AVERAGE, not good game with 3 kills and tons of damage.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

i don´t see any atago economy buffs either, but as after work pve wallet warrior i bought the ship for the same reason.

in pve you make barely money, even after they buffed it( yes it got buffed once as stealth fix). at start of the obt, with 50k dmg you barely made a 50k silver, now you get around 80k for the same dmg(just simple atago and atlanta only match as they are in pve tier 8).

this covers at least for the repair(70k) and a bit of the ammunition.

but yes in pve i play my kongo to be able to play my atago.

and no after work i have no intention to play pvp after all that toxic enviroment at cbt end. maybe if we can disable chat like in wot^^

You are not supposed to make money in PVE, play the real game :)

I've made 500k with Atago max, 400k max with Greg/Yubari/Murmansk. But that game I also done more dmg then in the lower tiers, and it seems to me there is no tier multiplier which there is in WoT. In WoT a bad game in my Lowe will usually make me the same as a mediocre game in a tier 5 premium. Here that is not the case I feel. 

Still, I am not complaining about the lower tier premiums they make good money I feel. And in good games with Atago I make more even, but you have to work for it so much harder.

Players
9,412 posts
11,025 battles

umm, you get to tier 8 without grinding?

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

umm, you get to tier 8 without grinding?

That`s not what tier 8 premiums are for. :B
  • Cool 2

Players
9,412 posts
11,025 battles

That`s not what tier 8 premiums are for. :B

Hordes of "I'm bored with those tier 3, I want big bad tonk/sheep/planu" says otherwise...

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

Hordes of "I'm bored with those tier 3, I want big bad tonk/sheep/planu" says otherwise...

They will realise their mistake at some point.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
22,428 battles

I don`t have Murmansk either. I have Gremmy. And my Gremmy makes 200k on average game, 300 on very good one, just like Atago, while repair costs are drastically different. On Gremmy I keep almost all the money (up to 20k for repairs) while on Atago I spend up to 100k for repairs. Something does not feel right here. I really expected to make more profit on tier 8 premium. 

Average with the Murmansk has been around the 200k due to its damage dealing ability but every now and then you get reasonably good battles with her;

murmansk4.jpg

As for the Gremmy, and I am certainly not a very good DD player even she can reap you good rewards;

gremy1.jpg

This probably highlights the OP's concern, why, (with these relatively cheap in comparison ships) do they do exponentially better pound for pound than the Atago?

• Cool 1