Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
SplitNail

will we see any ship made from Pykrete?

7 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
919 battles

when iron was running low in ww2  there were designs for making ships from Pykrete but they got supersized to be unsinable be anything! which of course made production imposiable in the time frame that they were needed for! the 1st designs were truly great but the big wigs over improveded them a bit like hilter's super tanks eg the the one bigger then the mouse/maus!

Alpha Tester
3,769 posts
58 battles

when iron was running low in ww2  there were designs for making ships from Pykrete but they got supersized to be unsinable be anything! which of course made production imposiable in the time frame that they were needed for! the 1st designs were truly great but the big wigs over improveded them a bit like hilter's super tanks eg the the one bigger then the mouse/maus!

Unfortunately I think these will be like the Ratte in WoT, too big, too far fetched.

Players
106 posts
183 battles

EDIT: Misunderstood, mr3awsome is right

and btw, wrong forum subsection

Edited by Liner8

Alpha Tester
47 posts

there are great prototyps made from pykrete, but I also think it's like the Ratte in WoT, as mr3awsome already said

would turn WoWs far away from a (half)realistic game

Alpha Tester
344 posts
970 battles

lol....ship is burning near pykrete ship....small DD is last ship left on enemy team, runs and hides till pykrete ship melts!!!   ;)

Alpha Tester
79 posts
4,230 battles

Just had images of a battleship like ratte doing the melting scene from Casper when the blinds roll up :D I wonder what would happen to the water and the fish in the surrounding area? would they turn into iron fish and then feed an iron shark and that's how Godzilla was born?

[WG-EU]
WG Team
2,279 posts
5,903 battles

I seriously doubt we`d see a Pykrete - made ship in game. The reason is only one was designed ( the HMS Habbakuk ), never constructed and it would be way too big to fit in game. In addition, just imagine a carrier with more airplanes than any other ship and pretty much unsinkable in the same time.