Tuccy

questions
Questions to Developers - Round 7

14 posts in this topic

Welcome, sailors! :Smile_honoring:

Please, feel free to use this topic to post your questions to the Devs of World of  Warships. The topic will be closed on midnight October 14th 2012 and questions will be collected and sent to the developers. New question topic will then be created while we'll be waiting for answers.

To keep the topic easy to navigate, please check if the question wasn't already answered in these threads:

Answers Round 1 Answers Round 2 Answers Round 3 Answers Round 4 Answers Round 5 Answers Round 6

• Before posting here, make sure the question was not already asked.

• Keep your posts on topic

• Use this threads for questions only, do not discuss them etc.
Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead! :Smile_izmena:

4 people like this

Q: What's the average spotting range we'll get on ships, considering the way longer range of their guns?
A: 15-20 km.

Will aircraft affect sighting abilities, i mean if we send out aircraft and they spot a ship, will the whole team be able to see it or just the carrier driver?

Will hybrid aircraft carriers be counted as a CV in the MM, making it part of the 2 available CV slots in the battle or will they have their own MM?

Will there be options to add some 1 or 2 guns from your main Battery to Assist the Secondary Battery

Hello. When enemy will ship hit me and destroy for example one turret, other turrets can fire? And when will we see first screenshots or/and video with interface?

EDIT: In WOT when enemy damage my gun and this gun crew repair his accurance is bad. In World of Warships will also this system? If yes how would it show on sight?

Edited by Korbal88

1:   When firing the main guns on a battleship, will we have a top down view like the artillary in WOT or will we look through the gunsights of the main guns?  (praying for the latter)

2:   Can you guarantee that the sound and the blast of the main guns going off, will make the hair on the back of my head stand up, my nuts drop to the floor and the fillings in my teeth come loose?

Edited by Draugtroll

3 people like this

Will we be able to ever see our enemies at close range or the main batteries of bigger warships won't allow to do that? Asking, because you can't really take cover at open sea, unlike in WoT, and gun range is above visual range for bigger guns.

Wouldn't it be possible to use Submarines in the following way:

#1 it takes ~ 10 seconds to dive

#2 when dived, only a shadow is seen.

#3 the "shadow" of a sub works like a camo in WoT -> reduced spotting range

#4 when dived, it's not visible on radar (even within optical spotting range)

#5 it can't fire torpedos when dived. (for balancing)

#6 when dived, damage is reduced by a percentage. (with this, we wouldn't need additional depth-charges)

#7 unable to dive when hull damage exeeds X%.

I think Submarines need to be in a WW2-Based Game about Naval Warfare, since we have aircraft carriers and lighter ships that wouldn't see any chance in a face off with a Yamato or Iowa as well... I'd see the main purpose of a Sub in destroying enemy carriers or provide an unexpected asistance.

----

Any chance to see "Fast Attack Craft" (German: "Schnellboot or S-Boot, USN: PT Boat (note: J.F. Kennedy was commanded the PT-59 and the PT-109), Royal Navy: Motor Gun Boats (MGBs) & Motor Torpedo Boats (MTBs)?

View PostSchattenherz, on 11 October 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

Wouldn't it be possible to use Submarines in the following way:
#1 it takes ~ 10 seconds to dive
#2 when dived, only a shadow is seen.
#3 the "shadow" of a sub works like a camo in WoT -> reduced spotting range
#4 when dived, it's not visible on radar (even within optical spotting range)
#5 it can't fire torpedos when dived. (for balancing)
#6 when dived, damage is reduced by a percentage. (with this, we wouldn't need additional depth-charges)
#7 unable to dive when hull damage exeeds X%.

I think Submarines need to be in a WW2-Based Game about Naval Warfare, since we have aircraft carriers and lighter ships that wouldn't see any chance in a face off with a Yamato or Iowa as well... I'd see the main purpose of a Sub in destroying enemy carriers or provide an unexpected asistance.

They should either make it right or not make it at all. And your post suggests they shouldn´t do it as all. I don´t want to play Silent Hunter Light here, either implement a good dive function, where you can shoot torpedos under water, or don´t add submarines at all.

As much as I love submarines, it´s ok that they don´t add them here...

2 people like this

No subs in WoWs. If they would be as realistic as the ships, they will be useless, if they were buffed to be competitive, they would have to have weird limits or they'd become a superclass...

1.Can we expect historical  skins/camos for our battleships, aircraft carriers, destroyers and cruisers?

2.The U.S. Navy had a lot of battleships, which one can we expect to be a tier 10?

Edited by Smederevac94

Can we expect to see ingame screenshots soon?

Also, will we be able to repair while at sea? or will the damage sustained stay till back at port?