You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eshaede

map edge sliding

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
3,250 battles

can we please put a minefield around the edge of the map.. your bow goes outside the line, you take an automatic "torpedo" strength hit

there you go, fixed.

so bored of people exploiting it

• Cool 9

Players
170 posts
847 battles

can we please put a minefield around the edge of the map.. your bow goes outside the line, you take an automatic "torpedo" strength hit

there you go, fixed.

thats the word... i dont have a problem some1 "crashes" into the border and slides a bit... aslong the ship doesnt stay there for 2 minutes just to have an advantage over the enemy.

Beta Tester
86 posts
3,250 battles

thats the word... i dont have a problem some1 "crashes" into the border and slides a bit... aslong the ship doesnt stay there for 2 minutes just to have an advantage over the enemy.

oh i know it happens by accident, ive done it, but id be happy to take the hit once every 3 or 4 games if it stopped people doing it FROM SPAWN and staying there

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
8,417 battles

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your saying we don't have to stick like glue to the boarders :o

I may even try to go into the centre once or twice :)

I tend to forget about where I am and only then do I hug the boarders and its by mistake

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
86 posts
3,250 battles

to the defence of most of the players, i will add i tend to see this rampant asshattery, and the smack talking, and dribbling abuse from the kiddies (well i hope they are, if theyre over 15 they need to re-assess their lives) in higher tiers..

1-2 is newbs, 3-6 is people having fun, 7+ is all "pro" players with YEARS more experience than everyone else

Beta Tester
86 posts
3,250 battles

yes it is "this thread"

can i add an "oh its someone who doesnt want to get involved but likes to post tired out memes from years ago cos they think its funny" o-meter ?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,160 posts
377 battles

yes it is "this thread"

Because we must have at least 2 topics on border every day... well deserved -1.

Players
1,497 posts
2,602 battles

nem95.jpg

^^ isnt it just great to have so many of the same threads that just starts with the same arguments over and over again i mean i dont even bother explaing why its not and exploit or cheat or whatever people call it maybe i should start copy pasting some replies

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,757 posts
8,832 battles

yes it is "this thread"

can i add an "oh its someone who doesnt want to get involved but likes to post tired out memes from years ago cos they think its funny" o-meter ?

If by "tired out memes from years ago" you mean a picture I pulled from a Google Image search and then added literally my own feeling to in text form, then yes.

I do get involved, which you would know if you didn't start a new thread without looking for a current one on the subject. I'm not going to copy my replies across several separate identical threads daily.

Beta Tester
29 posts
888 battles

there you go, fixed.

a minefield would be nice or something like if you are outside the border then a countdown starts for 10-15sec and a text or voice tells you if you dont get back in your ship will go boooom! :izmena:
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
36 posts
2,567 battles

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your saying we don't have to stick like glue to the boarders :o

I may even try to go into the centre once or twice :)

I tend to forget about where I am and only then do I hug the boarders and its by mistake

Are you mad? The red circles mean keep out. In fact you need to get as far away from them as possible because   sea monsters.

• Cool 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,145 posts
10,941 battles

Cap points arent at the edge let them rot there. Otherwise it isnt a exploit if if were WG would do something about it live with it if it helps use it yourself nobody at WG gives a BEEEEEP about it. Some of teh super ueber high tir players used it to get to the point they are so can you and everyone else.

cya

Spellfire40

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
204 posts
4,602 battles

^^ isnt it just great to have so many of the same threads that just starts with the same arguments over and over again i mean i dont even bother explaing why its not and exploit or cheat or whatever people call it maybe i should start copy pasting some replies

So it's not an exploit? How come? Basically the ship that gets to the border first and starts sliding has many advantages:

- He can keep moving at full speed in every direction and change coarse almost instantly pulling sharp turns being a very hard target

- The sliding ship can not be attacked with manual torp drops

- The part of the ship outside of the border is immune to torpedoes and shells, so by sliding you reduce your size

While having all those advantages your ship can still function normally. If people could slide across the map wherever they want it would not be an exploit, if a ship that is closer to the border than you can gain a huge advantage by steering into the border it's an exploit of a game mechanic and it should be fixed.

It's the border of a map, you should be aware where you're going or else you'll end up cornered, you should not have a chance to gain advantage if you just sail into it....

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
128 posts
3,707 battles

Simple solution: When you hit the border you get a warning, perhaps both text and voice (some people might actually end up there by mistake) and a timer starts for 10 seconds and after those 10 seconds your ship starts taking damage over time equal to fire.

[FL4-0]
Players
1,461 posts
8,338 battles

The border should make a slight injury as an electrified fence.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
46 posts
4,292 battles

at least make it act like a land mass, might look a bit stupid thudding to a stop but people are exploiting this.

[CLADS]
Players
210 posts
4,907 battles

Imo all "take damage" solutions are dubious as you may end up crossing border simply because your steering wheel got knocked out. I see 2 options:

1. Then you cross border autopilot forcefully takes over and steers you away, you cant disable it until it has cleared you from border

2. Make it like landmass

Beta Tester
362 posts
826 battles

When a ship crosses the border a timer should start that is based on the repair time refresh of that particular ship. Once the timer completes its cycle damage should be taken that increases over time. This gives everyone time to get out if a mistake is made or the rudder is damaged as you cross the border. So 

1. Cross border, timer starts (based on repair refresh).
  2. When timer completes, damage starts.
  3. 1 to 20 seconds over timer = 1% damage every 5 seconds
  4. 21 to 30 seconds over timer = 2% damage every 3 seconds
  5. 31 to 40 seconds over timer = 5% damage every 3 seconds
  6. If reentering border within 5 minutes timer is restarted but damage rates are doubled.

​Maybe a bit simplistic but should be workable.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
117 posts
365 battles

Yes border humping is bad and i believe they will fix it, on the other hand i think they might also have other things to do so making 3 posts a day about it and all hold hands and agree isn't going to get it fixed. Have some patience.

Beta Tester
158 posts
2,834 battles

It's still beta guys! be patient... This source (sorry, only in german) says "Die Kartenränder-Situation ist nicht ideal. Sie wird weiter untersucht." what means "The map border situation isn't ideal. It's under investigation"

Beta Tester
25 posts
1,652 battles

It's still beta guys! be patient... This source (sorry, only in german) says "Die Kartenränder-Situation ist nicht ideal. Sie wird weiter untersucht." what means "The map border situation isn't ideal. It's under investigation"

Does an english translation of this whole page exist? google translate give me weird stuff like this. "There are no plans to make the game look better - for now - it is investing more work in the optimization of potato. " I mean i love potato and all but i m not sure what they are doing in wows :)