20 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
1,214 battles

Hello,

my ping in game still shows values between 30ms and 50ms, but some things in game are delayed for me like the ping is much higher. I see all enemy ships delayed for cca 2-3 seconds. When I hit back of enemy ship, shell just go through it, and hits the water. As well when I shoot too forward, I dont hit water but the "invisible" ship. I belive this happens because of irregularities between my computer and server. 

This occur also when I am turning my ship. I set my rudder for some side, but the ship starts to turn after 2-3 seconds, even when the rudder is already sloped. This really affects my gameplay, for example long range firing (or firing small and fast tragets) or avoiding shells by wiggling. Its impossible to hit a destroyer.

Other online games works fine (as well as other WG products) without any conncetion problems, so why I have them in this game? I attach PingPlotter report.

ppreport.png

• Cool 1

[GOON]
Beta Tester
4 posts
5,567 battles

I have the same issue, maybe every other game or so. No problems like this in Closed Beta or with any other WG game. I just quit out of the games when it happens as it becomes unplayable. 

Beta Tester
17 posts
3,237 battles

I have the same issue and WoWs is the only game i have these problems with so i dont belive its my computer or internet. Even when i shut firewalls and Antivirus off its still the same: Lag/Desync and crashes. I am loosing premium time on this as the game is virtual unplayable for me and others i can understand from the forums. This is bad as i love the game otherwise.:( I hope they will fix this soon, so that i and other can play this great game.

[ODIN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
8,054 battles

Let me guess ... if iam not wrong you mean this bug like in the attached replay. if its true you should send a ticket to the support with an attached dxdiag, pingplotter file and optional a replay save .... and let me say .... you are not alone with this bug :)

St-Louis.zip

[NVLD]
Beta Tester
8 posts
2,989 battles

Been having this issue since midway through CBT, after one of the patches. Been going back and forth with support for weeks and they say that they are working on a fix. No idea if or when the patch will actually release though

[ODIN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
8,054 battles

Update:

Today i got the answer from the support ....

The problem with the Description that you have sent us is already known and has already been studied.
Unfortunately we do not have any info what the error causes nor how long does the solution.

Problem is also known and will be fixed sometime. We have to wait and hope the best :)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
17 posts
3,237 battles

Good news then:). Just sad i have wasted 20 days of premium time had a 30 days package. :(

[-0W0-]
Beta Tester
38 posts
1,390 battles

Good news then:). Just sad i have wasted 20 days of premium time had a 30 days package. :(

That sucks man!! D: im just sad I cant play.... but then again after Beta theyre probably gonna wipe it again so im kinda glad :p

[ODIN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
8,054 battles

Update 2:

i think, i found the problem who causes those deync lags. Yesterday i controlled all my running Programs and system Processes and i saw, that the KMPlayer who was installed on my PC takes alot of System Ressources. WoWS need alot too. As a Test i deinstalled this KMPlayer + Pandora TV, installed VLC Player, restart my PC and what should i say .... i can hit with my guns and my torps now whatever i have in target. After deinstallation of this KMPlayer the game work well without desync lags for the moment :)

Beta Tester
17 posts
3,237 battles

Happy for u Carl. but i have VLC player only. and lag/crash alot still. hope the will find the solution soon.

[ODIN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
8,054 battles

It dont must be the player himself. Show the processes on your pc which non-systemcritical program has a uncommon high usage of ressources and then deactivate / deinstall it

Edited by Carl_A_Pizza

[ODIN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
8,054 battles

Update 3:

Did an experiment today on my 2nd pc and found another possible solution to fix this desync problem. On my 2nd pc i installed a clean version of windows with all drivers and only wows. The problem was still there too. After a little bit searching and controlling, which programs and processes are running i deactivated the Software Tuning/Overclocking Utility for the mainboard who running in the system tray. I got a Gigabyte Mainboard and for this the software called "Easy Tune 6". If iam not wrong for Asus Mainboards its called this software "Asus AI Suite" but iam not sure. For other mainboard manufacturer i dont know the name.

Dont ask me why but after deactivating this Software the desync problem was history. 

Hope this hint can help you:)

Edited by Carl_A_Pizza
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
17 posts
3,237 battles

Will test this and thx for trying to find a solution Carl:medal:

No desync so far but crashes to login still happening, but not so bad as before.

Damn desync and crash :-(

Yep bad as ever:angry: looks like 30 days of premium down the drain:(

Edited by BigBadVuk

Alpha Tester
123 posts
7,750 battles

Same issue, though the problem is just in aiming, never freeze or crash.

Tried to disinstall the Asus AI Suite as i had the feeling it might be the problem, but unfortunately it did not fix it.

Interestingly, i had the bug back in Alpha, then it disappeared at the last stages of Alpha (can't remember which version), then came back around 0.3 or so

Opened a ticket, Support informed me it's a known bug...

Players
1 post
754 battles

delay is such that at close rang i have no option but to fire 1-3 ship lengths in front to may be get a hit and my shells go through there ships. This is in more than 1 tier and especially prevelant on fast cruisers and destroyer, but have noticed it in BS engagements as well.

This does spoil the game play.;

[ODIN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
8,054 battles

Same issue, though the problem is just in aiming, never freeze or crash.

Tried to disinstall the Asus AI Suite as i had the feeling it might be the problem, but unfortunately it did not fix it.

Interestingly, i had the bug back in Alpha, then it disappeared at the last stages of Alpha (can't remember which version), then came back around 0.3 or so

Opened a ticket, Support informed me it's a known bug...

Are you sure you deinstalled the suite ? Its going not so easy when i look into the forum at http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2085023/uninstall-asus-suite.html ...

Players
1 post
270 battles

@Carl_A_Pizza...  :bajan:

--SOLVED--

:great:

Thank you!

Exiting easytune 6 on my gigabyte motherboard utility solved everything.

To be clear, everything = a small desync on game launch building up to 3-8 seconds of delay after 5 minute+ games. ( I wish I was exaggerating...)

This delay affected ship maneuvering, enemy ships positioning to the point where destroyers hit boxes would frequently be more than 5 or 6 lengths further along that they appeared. Had to use my platoon mates to guide me onto a target but on anything other than a battleship I may as well have not been firing.

Projectiles and torpedoes often had accurate positions as they were 'newly created' entities so I frequently seemed to shoot shells and torps through people and, myself, glide safely through enemy munitions.

When myself or anyone else died they rubberbanded back to their 'actual' server-side positioning - causing frequent alt-f4s on my part seeing how off target I was because frankly I was just a hinderence playing with that sort of desync

Again to be clear, my ping never once went above 40ms, nothing blocking like firewalls etc. and it wasn't a PC performance issue. It was not accompanied by any freezing, stuttering or crashing.

I was having one more look through forums before uninstalling for good (as I'm sure plenty have assuming the game was at fault - arguably not untrue) thankfully found your solution to exit out of easytune (a program that hasn't caused any issues in the past with any game, software or network feature).

I understand this is a bit of a necro but it's still clearly an issue facing this game; this is one of the more likely SEO places for someone suffering to find it and nobody has acknowledged this as a viable potential solution other than the person who suggested it.

To those suffering similar issues as above, if you are running and default applications or utilities that affect or monitor processor/component speed, power management, overclocking, pc tuning, eco-firendly processor etc. try turning them off or even uninstalling them. Incase a dev does take a peak it may also be an issue with using x6 or x8 cores with such management programs that I've never encountered previously but I would imagine not.

Best of luck and from what I can see of the un-laggy game, it looks like I'll be glad I found the solution. :honoring:

• Cool 1