kbb07142

USS Wyoming Worth It?

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
96 posts
2,067 battles

I loved the South Carolina, infact i would even go as far to say its almost OP for its tier.

Sailing around 1 shotting St Louis is just hilarious, although i find it does struggle against the IJN tier 3 BB (which in turn just sucks).

So is the USS Wyoming any good?

Beta Tester
795 posts
2,413 battles

I loved the South Carolina, infact i would even go as far to say its almost OP for its tier.

Sailing around 1 shotting St Louis is just hilarious, although i find it does struggle against the IJN tier 3 BB (which in turn just sucks).

So is the USS Wyoming any good?

USS Wyoming is an absolute rockstar, such a good ship. New York on the other hand... bleugh... ugh... bleugh, i just threw up in my mouth a little
Edited by MassiveD
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
327 posts
294 battles

What....did u just say the kawachi is better than the south carolina?

lol, no offense, but that's dumb, kawachi is bad, like, bad bad, guns have no range and quite the dispersion, it can hit hard, but so can S.C.

They Wyoming is amazing, i loved to play in in CBT (also love the arkansas beta) it's worth it ofc, but do consider it lacks range just like any other USS BBs

Beta Tester
229 posts
3,558 battles

The Wyoming is a very effective battleship - it is tough and has great firepower. It's as slow as a cow and has terrible range, but if you want to get into some serious action, that shouldn't be a problem.

Basically, its like a big, drunken, angry man.

Beta Tester
96 posts
2,067 battles

What....did u just say the kawachi is better than the south carolina?

lol, no offense, but that's dumb, kawachi is bad, like, bad bad, guns have no range and quite the dispersion, it can hit hard, but so can S.C.

They Wyoming is amazing, i loved to play in in CBT (also love the arkansas beta) it's worth it ofc, but do consider it lacks range just like any other USS BBs

No i was saying the South Carolina is far better than the Kawachi

I agree the Kawachi is a piece of crap

But the Kawachi should beat a South Carolina in a 1v1

Beta Tester
795 posts
2,413 battles

The Wyoming is a very effective battleship - it is tough and has great firepower. It's as slow as a cow and has terrible range, but if you want to get into some serious action, that shouldn't be a problem.

Basically, its like a big, drunken, angry man.

So basically Liam Neeson
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
615 posts
1,251 battles

Personally I disliked the Wyoming when I had it, slow, clumsy and inaccurate.  Also it had poor AP penetration.  The New York was better for me.  Still slow, but the 14 inch guns hit much harder, you got a lot fewer bounces with it, and more Citadels.  New York also had enough AA, at least upgraded, to have a fighting chance against air attack.

• Cool 1

[-SAH-]
Beta Tester
92 posts

There's only really one thing one with the Wyoming. It's accuracy is disgustingly bad. Some would say it's terribad. Even at point blank range, dispersion is stupidly high, and just doesn't make any sense at that range.

• Cool 1

Players
674 posts
1,069 battles

There's only really one thing one with the Wyoming. It's accuracy is disgustingly bad. Some would say it's terribad. Even at point blank range, dispersion is stupidly high, and just doesn't make any sense at that range.

It really feels as if they apply the same dispersion irrespectively of firing range, i.e. X meters when you fire at 14km and the same X meter when you fire at 1km, which makes the cone ridiculous. So ridiculous the damned shell cannot possibly exit the cannon at such an angle even if it wanted to... It seems almost like a bug to be honest.

Beta Tester
9 posts
459 battles

Sometimes it's funny when cruisers closing in for like 5km, and blowing up with ap one salvo :P

Players
11 posts
284 battles

I don't know if this is just because of the current population of the EU server or if it's an issue with the match making, but the problem with the Wyoming is that you regularly face tier 5 and even 6 enemies who will just stomp all over you because there is a significant power spike around tier 5. The South Carolina on the other hand, is almost exclusively matched in tier 3 games which means it has far fewer threats to worry about.

Players
13 posts
289 battles

Dont like it what so ever. 

Slow as hell, very innacurate and its AP ammo is useless when compared to the ones on Japanese side and also 0 AA extremely bad...

Beta Tester
21 posts
347 battles

it can one shot a South Carolina with a single broadside so YES

sorry stupid internet connection

Edited by boomboom517

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Not very good, but when compared to Myogi... holy crap, it's so awesome! :teethhappy:

Players
214 posts
10,521 battles

Am I the only person that genuinely does not experience shell dispersion problems bad enough to wreck playing BBs for me? I find that with shell dispersion issues proper leading and shooting helps alleviate it substantially. 

Players
39 posts
179 battles

Im having fun with the Wyoming. But yeah, shell dispersion....ugh. I don't mind it so much at range, but it seems to disperse pretty high even against targets within 10-11km. 

Any recomendations? Someone wrote in a thread that I should be targeting whoever Im shooting (get the targeting icon above their ship) and then the shells will disperse less. Any truth to that?

Edited by Jamezdin

Players
3 posts
1,351 battles

Am I the only person that genuinely does not experience shell dispersion problems bad enough to wreck playing BBs for me? I find that with shell dispersion issues proper leading and shooting helps alleviate it substantially. 

I have had insane dispersion with a south carolina. 6 shots (12 rounds) versus a chester at 3.5 clicks. He was stationary. Both broadside on. every turret shot, one fell close, the other flew over. I aimed dead center. Impossible to miss

Yet they all flew wide in (sometimes) impossible angles. I wasn't sure you could splice while facing the side of a ship. But I have seen it happen now.

I WISH I was making this up, but I am not. Was rather shamefull to be DPM-ed down while you can't hit a barn from up close.

• Cool 1

Players
178 posts
3,292 battles

Usually not that happy with the Wyoming, though I had one nice match today, with 8 citadel hits in one match ;)

Players
155 posts
1,978 battles

It is hard to say if it is a good battleship per se or not because it is competing against Myogi, and it is not much of a competition to begin with.

It has three massive advantages over Myogi, know as GOD DAMN TURRETS. Three more = three more dual shots that may hit = more effective ranging = better effective chance to hit SOMETHING with a salvo at extreme ranges = more reliable fire.

In other words... when it comes to fire power, it just does not suck.

Now... the main question is... is it fun to play? I personally do not enjoy it. It is a slug of a ship and I find it incredibly boring. It is effective for what it is but don't expect very exciting play.

Players
12 posts
283 battles

I just bought the Wyoming had 2 tier VII games.(Yes Tier VII)

Dont you get +/-2 MM like in WOT or I am a scout or something??

What was I suppose to do in a tier VII game - me and another Wyoming in the enemy team the only tier IV in one of those 2 battles.:(

Edited by Torque1981