You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T3ddyBear

All these damaged modules is getting silly now, please stop it!

21 comments in this topic

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
291 posts
12,330 battles

Since the 0.4.0 patch the damage done to modules, steering, propulsion, turrets, torp tubes is simply stupid.

If the HE does not set you on fire then you will lose your steering or engine, no point in repairing anything as during the next salvo then accuracy of these guns (/tin foil hat on) which has definitely increased, will break everything once again.

Right now as a DD captain there is no reward, you sneak up, launch your torps, the ships just dance around them and then they HE you to death.

What did you do WG, what did you do?? I love this game during CBT but now, after this patch, it's awful, simply awful.

Harrier.

• Cool 16

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,373 battles

Kinda more "real" to me though. Plus I always smile when I cause damaged modules to my opponent... Then cry when they do it back

I dunno, it's just more "gripping" when I know I've lost my port torp tubes but line up for an attack anyway... My opponent doesn't know! And watch him turn away.

I can see how it's annoying *compared* to CBT... But I kinda like it. Also as a Cruiser player I'm still tormented by DDs just as much as ever so far. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,674 battles

There is no point of playing DD's right now.

You have 1/3 the smoke and x3 the repair cooldown with 3 times increased HE crit chance.

I'll continue to do my daily but thats about it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,861 posts
9,432 battles

I agree about the crits, but I don't really think it's the DD captains who should be crying. If you get hit so much as a DD that you get chain-crit, then you failed at your job.

It's much worse for the ships that can only do so much to not get hit.

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,674 battles

I agree about the crits, but I don't really think it's the DD captains who should be crying. If you get hit so much as a DD that you get chain-crit, then you failed at your job.

It's much worse for the ships that can only do so much to not get hit.

What a silly statement.

You realize other destroyers shoot too, right ?

Edited by Abraa

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,861 posts
9,432 battles

What a silly statement.

You realize other destroyers shoot too, right ?

Seeing as you could just as easily sink from just the raw damage of those shots that manage to crit the same module twice, I don't see it as a DD problem at all.

If you are content with getting hit regularly as you sail your DD, then you should probably re-evaluate your play style. 

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,674 battles

You dont have to be hit regularly, as that would mean youd die within minutes.

1 hit can destroy your rudder, your torp lauuncher AND set you on fire.

If you run into another DD at the start of the game, that means you are spotted and your repair is gone because he is going to destroy something vital and since you wont be able to withdraw out of spotting range for a good 10-20 seconds, that mean the next hit is going to deytroy something again- thanks to the x3 rapair cooldown nerf to destroyers, it means your pretty much screwed.

Edited by Abraa

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,861 posts
9,432 battles

You dont have to be hit regularly, as that would mean youd die within minutes.

1 hit can destroy your rudder, your torp lauuncher AND set you on fire.

If you run into another DD at the start of the game, that means you are spotted and your repair is gone because he is going to destroy something vital and since you wont be able to withdraw out of spotting range for a good 10-20 seconds, that mean the next hit is going to deytroy something again.

Unless you somehow got into super close range of the enemy DD, just slipping out of detection range shouldn't be that hard.

Also: smoke.

As a DD if you get spotted you should instantly turn away from what spotted you and if you think it's necessary pop smoke. That should get you out of danger 90% of the time.

The only times you'll be stuck getting hit multiple times is when you go around an island and there's an enemy at say 4km and you have no smoke. If that happens at the start of the battle, then I don't know what to say.

Alpha Tester
2,501 posts
8,295 battles

It's not only destroyers. Rare is the match in which something doesn't break 2 or 3 times in my Furutaka. Like I've gotten my rudder knocked out 3 times in a single match or the propulsion too. It's insane. Almost as if you are at the mercy of RNG until you get that captain skill.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3 posts
3,499 battles

My life as a DD captain at the moment, approach target stealthily but get spotted anyway. Take one shot and lose engine, repair, take another shot and immediately lose engine and get set on fire, sit there while enemy team pounds me to death beating keyboard in frustration at stupid DD nerf.

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,674 battles

Unless you somehow got into super close range of the enemy DD, just slipping out of detection range shouldn't be that hard.

As a DD if you get spotted you should instantly turn away from what spotted you and if you think it's necessary pop smoke. That should get you out of danger 90% of the time.

The only times you'll be stuck getting hit multiple times is when you go around an island and there's an enemy at say 4km and you have no smoke. If that happens at the start of the battle, then I don't know what to say.

Smoke ? ROFL

You mean the same smoke that now has 4 minutes CD and covers only 33% of what it used too ?

[G0LD]
[G0LD]
Alpha Tester
1,462 posts
4,674 battles

This work fine IF you are in a IJN Destroyer.. but it will not work in a US Destroyer.

So most cases in a US Destroyer either you succeed in Destroy your Target.. or you are Dead. 

But even if you succeed.. secondarys or the Enemy Ship by it self WILL cripple you..

As a IJN Destroyer you have the comfort to stay out of Detection Range.. at least for now.  (because there are not that much Aircraft in the Air perma Spotting you..)

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,861 posts
9,432 battles

Smoke ? ROFL

You mean the same smoke that now has 4 minutes CD and covers only 33% of what it used too ?

Still works for me. Maybe I'm special. :unsure:

This work fine IF you are in a IJN Destroyer.. but it will not work in a US Destroyer.

So most cases in a US Destroyer either you succeed in Destroy your Target.. or you are Dead. 

But even if you succeed.. secondarys or the Enemy Ship by it self WILL cripple you..

As a IJN Destroyer you have the comfort to stay out of Detection Range.. at least for now.  (because there are not that much Aircraft in the Air perma Spotting you..)

It's true that I mainly play IJN DDs so that might be the reason.

But I still think that chain-crits are less of a DD problem and more of an every-other-ship-class problem. If a DD gets hit several times and ends up dead in the water he has already lost 50-75% health from just those hits. If a CA/CL gets hit a few times and loses its engine twice, it still has 90% of its health left that is now going to be slowly eaten away over up to 1.5 minutes while he can do nothing. Add to that the fact that non-DDs will be taking 10-20 times more hits for the duration of the battle and so run the risk of getting crit a lot more even when you take into account that DDs are squishier.

Beta Tester
790 posts
1,808 battles

Point is, with the degree of module damage happening now, one hit might be enough: getting the engine or rudder taken out means you will not be "just slipping out of detection range" anytime soon. And anyone can and will be hit at least a couple of times during a game. especially someone who by design has to be close to the enemy to do anything (USDDs) or who have to get dangerously close to drop torps with any kind of decent chance of hitting (IJNDDs)

[_DET_]
Beta Tester
260 posts
2,740 battles

Problem is that armor does nothing to counter HE at the moment, I noticed when taking out my Arkansas that I struggled to keep up with all cruisers (also lower tiers) in damage and staying potential. HE shells wrecking your ship every 7-10 seconds while your shots straddle the target or do some damage every 30 seconds. Would HE work in real time as well? I believe I have read that a IJN taskforce in WW2 had problems because they were prepared for bombardment and had HE loaded when they ran into a US navy squadron, this would imply that HE versus warships is not very efficient.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,145 posts
16,150 battles

Its completely useless to sail BB's now. You are on fire non-stop. Its just fantastic how much fires and module damages  increased in last patch.

WG totaly messed up the start of this, going public with such a messed up patch. I had tons of friends who where eager to try the game and they all stopped the first day becasue they where pissed by all the fires. Im considering going back to WoT too, this is unplayable. 

Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
832 battles

Its completely useless to sail BB's now. You are on fire non-stop. Its just fantastic how much fires and module damages  increased in last patch.

WG totaly messed up the start of this, going public with such a messed up patch. I had tons of friends who where eager to try the game and they all stopped the first day becasue they where pissed by all the fires. Im considering going back to WoT too, this is unplayable. 

We are still in CBT - "public" was just for few thousand of lucky players which were picked up for stress test.