You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sams_Baneblade

How to equip the Arkansas Beta?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
279 posts
6,011 battles

Hello guys,

I am starting a new topic to know which characteristics you improved on your [edited] closed beta reward ship and to share it with the WoWS community. So it could help players who want to equip it to make the best choices. (me included, I can't choose for the third slot and need help ;) )

(I'll add a poll later and maybe ask about commander's perks... stay tuned!)

So, here are all the available equipments:

Slot 1 (125k credits):

Secondary Battery Mod 1:

Improves the survivability of the secondary weapons by 20%

Main Battery Mod1:

-20% to repair time and -20% chances of critical hit on main armament, -20% to chance of magazine detonation 

Slot 2 ( 500k credits):

Main Battery Mod 2:

+15% to main turrets turning speed, at the cost of +10% to main battery reload time (+3s)

Secondary Battery Mod 2:

Improves the firing range of the secondary armament by 20% and improves their accuracy

Gun Fire Control System Mod 1:

+16% to main battery maximum range

Slot 3 (3 millions credits):

Gun Fire Control System Mod 2:

Increase the accuracy of the main battery

Secondary Battery Mod 3:

Sec Battery reloads 20% faster

Main Battery Mod 3:

+12% to main batteries ROF, but turrets will turn 17% slower

Slot 4 (250k credits):

Damage Control System Mod 1:

-3% to chance of flooding, -5% to chance of fire

Propulsion Mod 1:

-20% risk of damaged propulsion and engine repair time reduced by 20%

Steering Gears Mod 1:

-20% risk of damaged steering gears and steering gears repair time reduced by 20%

Slot 5 (1 million credits):

Propulsion Mod 2:

-20% time needed to reach full speed

Steering Gears Mod 2:

-20% to rudder shift time

Damage Control System Mod 2:

-15% to the time needed to recovery from flooding and extinguish fires

Slot 6 (2 millions credits):

Concealment System Mod 1:

-10% to ship's detectability
Target Acquisition System Mod 1:

+20% to the ship's view range

Slot 1:

-Secondary Battery Mod 1:

-Main Battery Mod1:

My opinion: The second choice is CLEARLY the best. You'll need more often your main armament than your small cannons. Also, less chances to be one-shot.

Slot 2:

-Main Battery Mod 2:

Reducing the ROF on a ship which needs 30 seconds to reload? No, thanks. Even for the rotation speed. But if you really want more reactive turrets not to be flanked, it can works.

-Secondary Battery Mod 2:

Primarily reserved to the players which love to engage ennemies at closer ranges. Lots of pew-pew on all those who will dare to come close.
Range imroved by 0.7 km (=>4.2 km)

I strongly recommend to also get:

-Basic Firing Training perk (+10% ROF on secondary armament)

-Advanced Firing Training perk (+20% max range on secondary armament)

-Why not Secondary Battery Mod 3 (see slot 3, which will add 20% to ROF. However, it is in competion with Main Battery Mod 2)

All this can boost the ROF by 30%, buff the accuracy and increase the range to 4.9km. Pretty nasty.

-Gun Fire Control System Mod 1:

IMO the most useful, as the Arkansas has a lower range than other Tier 4 BS. (12.1km vs 14.1km for the Wyoming and 15.3 for the Myogi.) Gun range improved by 1.9km (=> 14km, much better)

Dedicated to those who kep their distance and don't like to be shot by ships which stays out of range.

Slot 3:

-Gun Fire Control System Mod 2:

The Arkansas has a slighlty better dispersion than other Tier 4 BS. (181m vs 188 for the Wyoming and 184m for the Myogi)

However, when I shoot with it, it feels more like a shotgun, as shells fall all over the place. ^^

Shooting on a cruiser at 12 km requires some luck to deal signifian damages.

Even some shots tend to miss at 3-4 km.

Seems very useful to cause a maximum of hits at range, especially on small and fragile targets (=>pwn hard).

It would probably work very well with the equipment which increases max range. Would it?

-Secondary Battery Mod 3:

See Secondary Battery Mod 2 (slot 2)

-Main Battery Mod 3:

Nice alternative to the Gun Fire Control System Mod 2, which replaces the accuracy by the amount of shells spammed.
Reload time drops from 30s to 26.4s.

According to you, which one is the most useful? ROF or accuracy?

Slot 4:

-Damage Control System Mod 1:

I HATE fire. If you also hate it, take this one, Damage Control System Mod 2 and those perks: Basics of Survivability (Tier1) and Fire Prevention (Tier 2). -12% chances to be set on fire and -3% chance of flooding. Moreover, even if you are burning or have a flooding, but have used your Damage Control Ability, it will last for 30% less time. Awesome!
High Alert (Tier 3) as a bonus if you want to reduce the cooldown of the Damage Control Ability (-10%). Fireproof! :B

-Propulsion Mod 1:

Since a Battleship doens't rely that much on mobility but more on HP, Maybe it is more interresting (according to met) to get Damage Control System Mod 1 instead and to learn the Last Stand Tier 4 perk. So even if you propulsion/steering gears are damaged, you'll still be able to move slowly to cover until it gets repaired.

But feel free to install it if you don't want to be immobilized at all/learn that perk. :)

-Steering Gears Mod 1:

Same as for Propulsion Mod 1.

Slot 5:

-Propulsion Mod 2:

Mainly interresting if you stop frequently your ship (which is not advised: torps!). Due tho its high mass, the Ark is slow to reach to speed and thus would benefit from a better acceleration. However, the Ark would still be slow and this equipment only useful when changing your speed.

Also: if you get often stuck on islands and want to fly away faster, this one will really help.

-Steering Gears Mod 2:

An advantage of the Ark is that it has a quite short turn radius (590m), hampered by a slow rudder shift time (23.2s) and a poor speed.

I like this one because with a 18.56s rudder shift time, the Ark would be far more responsive (like the Warspite) and could dodge MUCH better torpedoes, the plague of Battleships.
Get the Vigilance Tier 3 perk and to spot torps farther aaaaand... Not today, Mr Destroyer!

-Damage Control System Mod 2:

Nice one too. If you get 

See also Damage Control System Mod 1 (slot 4)

Slot 6:

-Concealment System Mod 1:

I have doubts about the real usefulness of this one. Being spotted at 12.6km instead of 14km isn't a that big deal. The only exception would be if you also have the Concealment Expert Tier 5 perk, which reduces the detectability by 14%
If my calculations are correct, this would give -24% to detectability, so you'd be spotted at 10.64km.
However, please note your dectectability will increase by a lot when you shoot and that DD will still spot you first for their team.

-Target Acquisition System Mod 1:

IMO the best option among those two. So you'll be able to spot smaller ennemies from farther and see better though smoke screens

What do you think is the best to equip an Arkansas and why:)

Thanks for your reading/participation.

Edited by Sams_Baneblade

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,900 battles

Well .. apparentlyl my Arkansas has nothing on her..
So ... there.
No pedobearing here. :D

*****EDIT*****
I will be using this thread to setup my Ark.. ;)

Edited by YukiEiriKun

[2137]
[2137]
Weekend Tester
317 posts
6,474 battles

To be honest, putting on this ship those fancy upgrades is complete waste of your credits.

You don't need more than main battery mod1 and gun fire control system mod1. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
279 posts
6,011 battles

To be honest, putting on this ship those fancy upgrades is complete waste of your credits.

You don't need more than main battery mod1 and gun fire control system mod1. 

Some people don't care about wasting credits into a ship if they really like it, to gain as much benefits as possible ;)

But it's true some of them aren't THAT useful....

Edited by Sams_Baneblade

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,340 posts
2,920 battles

I m suprised that WG put that much upgrade to a tier 4 ship. At least 2 of those upgrades are for high tier ships. I got that 6th upgrade at fubuki(the one with consealment and acquisation) and that 3rd one at my kagero.

Beta Tester, Players
279 posts
6,011 battles

I m suprised that WG put that much upgrade to a tier 4 ship. At least 2 of those upgrades are for high tier ships. I got that 6th upgrade at fubuki(the one with consealment and acquisation) and that 3rd one at my kagero.

Wow. Nice, so. :D And does it has more slots than others BS or the same amount?

I am wondering if the Wyoming also has those 6...

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,340 posts
2,920 battles

Wow. Nice, so. :D And does it has more slots than others BS or the same amount?

I am wondering if the Wyoming also has those 6...

Until tier 8 no ship receives that 5 upgrade. At tier 9 you receive the last module and that makes 6 modules at total. I think myogi and wyoming had 3 upgrades. 

[BOATY]
Beta Tester
30 posts
6,552 battles

The Arkansas has a permanent camouflage skin.  So, does this have the same effect as the camouflage that is for sale on a battle-to-battle basis on other ships once player has reached service level 8?  I can't seem to find confirmation on that from developers.  Thanks!

Beta Tester
297 posts
598 battles

The Arkansas has a permanent camouflage skin.  So, does this have the same effect as the camouflage that is for sale on a battle-to-battle basis on other ships once player has reached service level 8?  I can't seem to find confirmation on that from developers.  Thanks!

It just looks. Same as the basic Atago skin.

[TF57]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
181 posts
5,242 battles

Even though they are not that great I tend to always go for secondary upgrades for BB's both modules and captains whenever possible (and affordable) and aim to do that on the Ark too as for those rare occasions when you can get in close without getting torpedoed its a nice little bit of bonus damage, the Warspite can go to 7.2k with the captain and module upgrades. Although its going to get harder to play the Ark as more CV's appear I enjoy playing it especially for captain training

[SINC]
Beta Tester
85 posts
4,005 battles

i enjoy my arkansas for the butthurt it brings me and newfound appreciation for other turd ships

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
394 posts
7,924 battles

I got:

-MBM1.

-GFCSM1 (Not a big fan of low ROF).

-MBM3 (Arkansas got a few sec weapons, so SBM3 is not as good as it can be, also aiming is good and think about the other TIII and TIV, spamming gives you better chances to get more credits).

-DCSM1.

-DCSM2 (You are going to be spammed by St.Louis and others, you need to control the fire fast).

-TASM1 (You are going to be spamming LOTS of shells, is quite dull to put your money in camo. Detect those small DD's and blast them in 1 barrage is more important).

I did tried several combinations, and this one gives me around 25% to 30% more credits than the average of the other ones.

Good luck pals!

Edited by aquiles7389

Beta Tester, Players
279 posts
6,011 battles

I got:

-MBM1.

-GFCSM1 (Not a big fan of low ROF).

-MBM3 (Arkansas got a few sec weapons, so SBM3 is not as good as it can be, also aiming is good and think about the other TIII and TIV, spamming gives you better chances to get more credits).

-DCSM1.

-DCSM2 (You are going to be spammed by St.Louis and others, you need to control the fire fast).

-TASM1 (You are going to be spamming LOTS of shells, is quite dull to put your money in camo. Detect those small DD's and blast them in 1 barrage is more important).

I did tried several combinations, and this one gives me around 25% to 30% more credits than the average of the other ones.

Good luck pals!

Did you tried the combination of improved range+improved accuracy? I am very curious about the effeciency compared to what you currently have. :)

[MIRKO]
Beta Tester
46 posts
9,288 battles

What you need straight away is reduced chance of fire and flooding. So grab Damage Control System 1 right away, it's not expensive and extremely helpful as you will be primary target for dds, cvs and enemy cruisers. Next useful thing imo is improved accuracy of main battery (Gun Fire Control System 2)- but the price is terrible, 3mln credits it's awful lot of money.