Armo1000

Almost unplayable. Loading times and lag (Game needs an urgent fix)

28 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
685 posts
649 battles

These loading times are getting ridiculous now and I am getting sick of it not being sorted. I had to wait 5 mins today just for my ships to load properly in the port. And the battle loading times seem even worse than before. On top of this the game has started to lag lately which is really getting on my nerves. This needs to be sorted ASAP as it is starting to ruin what is otherwise one of my favorite games. If it is not fixed soon I may be forced to stop playing which I something I really don't want to do. 

This problem has been present since the last major patch and has caused severe loading times for many of us since. The lag recently has been the final straw. before this at least after the horrendous loading times the game would play fine. But now the game is hitting major lag spikes during a match that make the game almost unplayable. On top of this the game has started to kick me out of games when the lag gets too bad. this is especially annoying as i have to then go though the terrible loading times all over again only to find that i have been sunk or had most my health taken away while i was waiting

This problem started as being an annoying thing that i could put up with knowing that it would be fixed soon. However it has gone from annoying to bad to worse and finally to a state where the game is almost unplayable.And don't even mention get an SSD even people with an SSD have this problem. I play WoT with really fast loading times (even on the HD mode) and get consistent 50/60fps and have no problem like this with any other game so my PC being the problem is out of the questionI have said this many times but will say it again WG this is a problem with the game and not our PCs so fix it already.

I have no idea why this problem has got so bad and it seems unprofessional of WG that its taking this long do anything about it (are they even working on it?). I have very little patience left for this and am annoyed knowing how well the game was playing before the patch that seems to have slowly killed the game.

Edited by Armo1000
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
135 posts
3,331 battles

You must be going through hell with all that happening. It sounds very frustrating. I have experienced no such problems, but every PC is different. I hope you get some help from WG soon. On your behalf, bump!

Beta Tester
327 posts
321 battles

Same here, it started happening right after the 0.3.1 patch, before that, i was able to load in like 5s, the timer was usually on ''25s waiting for players...''
after the patch, i come in mostly 20s into the start of the game, sometimes 1min into the game...

What has WG done? ''They have loading issues? MOAR PREMIUM SHIPS!!!!''

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Same here, it started happening right after the 0.3.1 patch, before that, i was able to load in like 5s, the timer was usually on ''25s waiting for players...''

after the patch, i come in mostly 20s into the start of the game, sometimes 1min into the game...

mtm was saying clear some files and such i doubt i can find it but same problem was happening to me aswell. Now i just open it leave it like that for a while then play it. Something with game file confuses the computer which creates problem with loading. after the update i was getting in nearly a min and half late now i sometimes get in 5 sec early or 10sec late. Before the update i was able to get in and wait for 20-10sec

[BORF]
Beta Tester
581 posts
1,519 battles

yeah i've had problems loading into matches since 3.1 aswell it was quick before and now as other people already said before me you get into the match late and it is a big problem in terms of gameplay

• Cool 1

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
684 posts
2,075 battles

Loading times are getting worse, and so is the lag.

Alpha Tester
685 posts
649 battles

It should be more than clear to WG by now how many people are struggling with this mess. Multiple topics on the problem almost everyone agreeing that they are experiencing similar issues but it still goes on.

Beta Tester
654 posts

Before we rule out your pc being the culprit OP what are your specs and settings used.

Drivers new and installed right?

Edited by delaci76
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
685 posts
649 battles

View PostBigBadVuk, on 12 June 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Moved

Um sorry but why?

are you trying to shut me up or something. Cus this is a serious problem and i didn't see you moving any of the many previous topics on this problem.

Where did you even move it to?

View Postdelaci76, on 12 June 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

Before we rule out your pc being the culprit OP what are your specs and settings used.

Drivers new and installed right?

Yes all my drivers are new and installed right.

Edited by BigBadVuk

Beta Tester
327 posts
321 battles

Um sorry but why?

are you trying to shut me up or something. Cus this is a serious problem and i didn't see you moving any of the many previous topics on this problem.

Where did you even move it to?

The topic was moved to the 0.3.1 Feedback area

EDIT: It would be useless to shut you up cause 1. more or less everyone knows about the issue 2. kinda hard to this topic which has been posted so many times it hurts :P

Edited by NecroFlex

Master Pirate
916 posts
603 battles

I experience exactly the same thing...

[AMASS]
Beta Tester
117 posts
5,716 battles

On top of the agonisingly long loading times, when I finally get into battle, sometimes I can see the HUD, Minimap, Ship Markers, FPS, Ping, etc., but no seascape/ships/islands/visuals, so I find myself fighting a battle in the Pitch Dark (my ship does respond to keyboard and mouse commands).

Makes it a little difficult to hit the enemy, and the only way I can navigate is via the Minimap.

Would it be possible to have a keyboard command to "reboot" the visuals, for when/if this happens?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
832 battles

are you trying to shut me up or something. 

On the contrary - i salvaged your thread from general discussion into feedback section.

If i wanted to "shut you up" you would get RO or even worse sanctions and you would know it.

Now, get calm, get back on topic, and continue with discussion. Dont spam duplicate topics all over the forum.

Beta Tester
106 posts

Sometimes, It'd be nice to get some (knowledgeable) feedback to our "feedback"!

I also have these problems since 0.3.1, and while my game is still playable, it's VERY annoying! While I'm very used to WG treating ingame problems like state secrets, a simple "we are aware of the problem and are working on a remedy" from someone who actually KNOWS wtf is going on at WG HQ...would be very nice indeed!   :sceptic:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts

I can agree daily in first 1-2 match i got load freeze and after 3-5 min i can log in battle when most of times i got killed or my tea already half dead

Alpha Tester
685 posts
649 battles

Sometimes, It'd be nice to get some (knowledgeable) feedback to our "feedback"!

I also have these problems since 0.3.1, and while my game is still playable, it's VERY annoying! While I'm very used to WG treating ingame problems like state secrets, a simple "we are aware of the problem and are working on a remedy" from someone who actually KNOWS wtf is going on at WG HQ...would be very nice indeed!   :sceptic:

I know no announcement or conformation that they are working on it. It just makes it feel like we are not being listened to.

[TF57]
Beta Tester
200 posts
6,417 battles

Theres a small chance it could be PC or connection related and there are a few tests you can do when it gets bad to make sure its not your connection first, not sure of the IP address for the WOWS server (anyone ?) but you can test against WOT servers and see if there is lag and latency loss first...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Servers

http://www.monitis.com/traceroute/

Is anyone in the house using the internet as well ie. watching Netflix, gaming or streaming ? does this happen when theres not many players on or is it just peak times ? it could be that WOWS sends and receives more data than other online games and doesn't cope as well when it doesn't receive the packets its requested in a timely manner. It could also be the latest patch but I'm not getting any of these problems on a 5 year old laptop from LA so worth ruling out the PC and connection first. 

Alpha Tester
685 posts
649 battles

Theres a small chance it could be PC or connection related and there are a few tests you can do when it gets bad to make sure its not your connection first, not sure of the IP address for the WOWS server (anyone ?) but you can test against WOT servers and see if there is lag and latency loss first...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Servers

http://www.monitis.com/traceroute/

Is anyone in the house using the internet as well ie. watching Netflix, gaming or streaming ? does this happen when theres not many players on or is it just peak times ? it could be that WOWS sends and receives more data than other online games and doesn't cope as well when it doesn't receive the packets its requested in a timely manner. It could also be the latest patch but I'm not getting any of these problems on a 5 year old laptop from LA so worth ruling out the PC and connection first. 

The loading times are bad at all times. The lag may be better during less crowded server times. I always make sure no other internet services are being used. And my PC is only about 6moths old and runs all other games great. So it is definitely the last patch that messed things up.
  • Cool 1

[TF57]
Beta Tester
200 posts
6,417 battles

I have to run with low to medium settings because of the age of my laptop so I assume you are using some high detail settings, give it a try for one game on the lowest settings (audio as well) as at least we can rule out that, don't worry it still looks good and playable on low settings :-)

Beta Tester
17 posts
3,237 battles

Totally agreed with all the lag/crashes above. the game is almost totally unplayable. I also have Wot and other online games and they run perfectly fine.

Oh i have also testet this with Firewalls turned off. Same result.

Edited by Ulv1969

[KV]
Alpha Tester
31 posts
3,683 battles

Since this seems to be a fairly active place to post, I'll add mine aswell.....

All was fine (even in alpha) then boom, 1 patch - the loading becomes as slow as an 80yr old with Alzheimer's disease in some matches but fast as lighting in others, no idea why but hey, beta...."Might" get fixed before the nations emp eachother....

Funny thing is - I've played heavier games then wows and they load MUUUUUCH faster, games like star citizen, swtor (with its broken graphics engine since launch but was fine in beta), rust, the list goes on....(including a special tank game)

Tho, appart from slow loading - I have not been cursed by any lag....

Edited by specopsalpha

[AMASS]
Beta Tester
117 posts
5,716 battles

Are the long loading times and lag problems due to Beta Test servers that aren't powerful enough to support the rapidly increasing number of players (especially since the Premium Packs with CBT Access went on sale)?

Edited by PoetRaptor

[AMASS]
Beta Tester
117 posts
5,716 battles

Just took nearly 10 minutes to load a battle (including being thrown out and having to log in again after about 5 minutes)!

By the time I got into the battle, my DD was already under attack and half dead. I didn't even have time to get underway or target an enemy before I was sunk!

Thanks, WG!