You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bloodynicknames

This is what 7/10 games look like these days

90 comments in this topic

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles

funandengaging.thumb.PNG.e6baddb7839778965cf2520868d748a6.PNG

ok, this one might be a bit extreme but 600 points difference at the 10min mark is almost normal and the snowballing is completely out of control

2 ships die early on, the rest retreats because of losses, your one flank is gone and the other gets into a crossfire so retreats as well, game over. 

any creative tactical play only gets punished because of radar, cv spotting and stupid crap like austin(just an example here). 

WG creates ever more powerful ships and completely neglects the effect this has on the meta, its all about the $$$ 

• Cool 8

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles

And the playerbase (the newcomers) have less experience having higher tiers (because of the super flags) and aren't invested in knowing game mechanics like the older players did in the past. 

In the past to see a dude with a 0 PR on his ship was almost impossible. And accounts that had less than 200 PR average we called them bots... Meanwhile just in this week I saw tens of such accounts and players with 0 PR on ship (Lexington with 17 battles 0 PR and 992 average damage....)

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

And the playerbase (the newcomers) have less experience having higher tiers (because of the super flags) and aren't invested in knowing game mechanics like the older players did in the past. 

In the past to see a dude with a 0 PR on his ship was almost impossible. And accounts that had less than 200 PR average we called them bots... Meanwhile just in this week I saw tens of such accounts and players with 0 PR on ship (Lexington with 17 battles 0 PR and 992 average damage....)

that is what WG wants. 

they decided to screw the existing playerbase and base their monetization on high turnover, milk them as fast and for as much as they can then put 'em in the trashcan and reel in some new ones. 

I'm utterly disgusted by this business model and quite happy(and almost proud of not having spent a single dime on this in quite a while)

• Cool 6

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

In 200 battles, I had 12 battles below 10 minutes.

Yeah and you are even making a spreadsheet from your own battles for last 2.5 months. Sure sure....

• Cool 7
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 2

[NMA]
Players
1,513 posts
21,343 battles

More and more games each day are stomps. One team zeroeing another in 5, 6, 7 minutes is almost a standard now.

It happens cos of two things:

High tier ships are easier to get, more accessible. Players just skip first 4-5-6 tiers and by doing so they fail to learn basic game mechanics, positioning, awareness, etc...

High profile/skill players mostly left or don't play randoms. There is no one to learn from, no one to carry, no one to rely on in your team.

• Cool 6

Players
32,721 posts
16,386 battles
8 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah and you are even making a spreadsheet from your own battles for last 2.5 months. Sure sure....

I made a list of 200 of my consecutive random battles as different questions about MM came up in the MM thread a few weeks ago.

Spoiler

16317814242041814911156.thumb.jpg.9eafc2a237feef8dbb9aea12c0d480a4.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[K_R_T]
Alpha Tester
1,054 posts

Nothing new.

Happends with every game were there are no requirements to progress other than time.

And over time enough players lose their way to tier 10s.

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles
Just now, Europizza said:

I've played against Pete in 2 battles and in both he was running away and kiting. So I do beleive Pete here is able to drag matches beyond the 10 minute mark all by himself ^^

Oh yeah I also had him in his Republic sniping in the back most of the time. 

• Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

In 200 battles, I had 12 battles below 10 minutes.

anyone: There is an issue here and it's XYZ

ColonelPete: Theres nothing wrong with WoWs at all, its perfect, move along now. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I made a list of 200 of my consecutive random battles as different questions about MM came up in the MM thread a few weeks ago.

And you are wasting time for such bullcrap? I think you must like this kind of boring stuff....

• Boring 1

Players
32,721 posts
16,386 battles
6 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I've played against Pete in 2 battles and in both he was running away and kiting, disregarding the state of how his team was doing. So I do believe Pete here is able to drag matches beyond the 10 minute mark all by himself ^^

Just empty claims...

2 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

anyone: There is an issue here and it's XYZ

ColonelPete: Theres nothing wrong with WoWs at all, its perfect, move along now. 

Which I did not write..., but feel free to fantasize...

2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

And you are wasting time for such bullcrap? I think you must like this kind of boring stuff....

People ask for proof, but you do not seem to bother about that :cap_like:

• Boring 2

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

People ask for proof, but you do not seem to bother about that

Next time they'll ask you to jump from the balcony you'll do it too right? :cap_haloween:

You can't just admit you're in a relationship with a spreadsheet? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
32,721 posts
16,386 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Next time they'll ask you to jump from the balcony you'll do it too right? :cap_haloween:

I think proof is something different. Maybe youl will understand it one day, but feel free to continue with empty claims without proof. We will all believe you. I promise :Smile_playing:

• Boring 2

Players
265 posts
6,780 battles
42 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah they really need to do something about that. At the very least stop making people with hardly any games and bot-like winrates +2 at tier 8 or higher. It's a pretty souldestroying experience to just get streaks of games where you are -2 to people that just contribute nothing. It's not the winning or losing, but just seeing your top tiers throw their ships away in a few minutes leaving you to farm pointless damage on ships that massively outclass you isn't fun in any way.

funplayer.PNG.009b271c6bc00412fb752a3a4b036487.PNG

Not to be an [edited], but being -2 to people like this at high tiers is just not fun. There is a point where their "fun" is so detrimental for the rest of the playerbase that they should just be limited to equal tier MM.

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I think proof is something different. Maybe youl will understand it one day, but feel free to continue with empty claims without proof. We will all believe you. I promise :Smile_playing:

Yeah because you have to prove everything to everybody. Cause as we established before - you don't have an opinion. You're only operating with numbers. Flat and shallow is what you are in fact. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
521 posts
25,187 battles

ColonelPete

Admiral of the (Spread) Fleet

For every battle he plays, he adds 2 posts on the forum.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles
10 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

You can't just admit you're in a relationship with a spreadsheet? :Smile_teethhappy:

looking at his stats I do notice a certain fetish for broken ships, minekaze, königsberg, etc. 

dude hardly plays T10 at all so I doubt he know what hes talking about even in the slightest. 

and yeah, low tier games do drag on cause powercreep isnt an issue there. 

• Cool 2

Players
32,721 posts
16,386 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah because you have to prove everything to everybody. Cause as we established before - you don't have an opinion. You're only operating with numbers. Flat and shallow is what you are in fact. 

Please, tell us more how badly you know my posts. And yes, lying is probably more substantial in your opinion. :cap_like:

1 minute ago, Captain_Breeze said:

ColonelPete

Admiral of the (Spread) Fleet

For every battle he plays, he adds 2 posts on the forum.

As you can see in this thread, people prefer to discuss me instead of the topic, that tends to increase my post count.

1 minute ago, bloodynicknames said:

looking at his stats I do notice a certain fetish for broken ships, minekaze, königsberg, etc. 

dude hardly plays T10 at all so I doubt he know what hes talking about even in the slightest. 

and yeah, low tier games do drag on cause powercreep isnt an issue there. 

Sure, Konigsberg and Minekaze are broken :Smile_facepalm:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fa7c7bb672afdb4fcd2047de7e4e2ac5.png

image.thumb.png.9ec4c233c31e52607169ded7d3fc52a7.png

It is obvious who has no clue what he is talking about...

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Please, tell us more how badly you know my posts. And yes, lying is probably more substantial in your opinion

If for you opinion = lying - then you need some help. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
8,906 posts
45,219 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

As you can see in this thread, people prefer to discuss me instead of the topic, that tends to increase my post count.

Maybe because you're dragging it into that? Plus your reputation as a "chief executive of spreadsheet in forum" doesn't help. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Please, tell us more how badly you know my posts. And yes, lying is probably more substantial in your opinion. :cap_like:

Sure, Konigsberg and Minekaze are broken :Smile_facepalm:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.fa7c7bb672afdb4fcd2047de7e4e2ac5.png

image.thumb.png.9ec4c233c31e52607169ded7d3fc52a7.png

It is obvious who has no clue what he is talking about...

I'll give you that buddy, you are hillarious, you talk about how the game is fine all the time and yet you hardly play T10 at all, I have more games in the Mino alone than you have at T10 in total 

but go on, enlighten us about the state of the game and how everything is fine. 

and yes, everyone with 2 braincells knows that Königsberg, Minekaze and the likes are OP at their tier if you know what you're doing. 

also, as for the discussing point, see above, you have no clue cause you hardly play T10 so please dont comment on things you know nothing about. 

• Cool 3