You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WG: Would it be possible that EU Forum (as the biggest one with greatest audience) finally has proper Q&A (just like NA Forum recently had)?

59 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,470 posts
20,945 battles

Hi all,

WG: Would it be possible that EU Forum (as the biggest one with greatest audience) finally has proper Q&A (just like NA Forum recently had)?

@YabbaCoe @MrConway

Thanks in advance! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 9
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
8,480 posts

Njet comrade, 2 many unpleasant questions, we cant have our senior staff members under stress now can we...

• Cool 2

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
984 posts
20,414 battles

ҬФ ГЊЄ GЏLДG ЩЇГҤ ЧФЏ ДИD ҰФЦЯ SЏGGԐSҐЇФИ!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 14

[JOLLY]
Players
760 posts
12,015 battles

I don't think so, the NA forum has been locked a toxic cycle, of who's trolling who, for years on end. The treatment of the NA community by WG, of which the hyper attentiveness of WG staff, contributes to the hyper anxious toxic environment, which in turn, cannot be nice for NA WOWS staff either. The EU forum is a better place for being more reserved, allowing CMs greater liberty to choose their moments to say something, without undue pressure, and so being forced to say absolutely any old codswallop to appease the masses of basement dwellers. Ironically, without a Q&A EU CMs do intervene on the forum, quite regularly, and let their opinion known, directly or more diplomatically, on a range of issues, which NA staffers won't touch. In NA we are more often met with a wall of silence and/or "please take a vacation from our forum". 

That is not to say I don't appreciate, from afar, the efforts that @Ev1n is taking, with a moderate and professional tone I haven't seen on NA for a few years now. I hope he succeeds, but I fear he is just feeding the furnace of expectations, and trolls. It isn't to say EU forum is perfect, far from it, but I better not say too much about the downsides of EU just here :)

tldr, just put EU CMs on follow, and read up their comments once a week. Best place for a Q&A was Reddit, neutral moderation on a neutral platform.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[JOLLY]
Players
760 posts
12,015 battles
15 minutes ago, King_Of_The_Potatoes said:

I doubt it last time that happened Sub rage quit.

That was part of what made it so interesting. And probably why the Q&A is better held on a separate platform (Twitch, Reddit) than on the forum. 

• Bad 1

Players
5,088 posts
21,472 battles
2 hours ago, LoveZeppelin said:

It isn't to say EU forum is perfect, far from it, but I better not say too much about the downsides of EU just here :)

These forums won't be perfect as long as I'm around, I can tell you that much :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 9

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Stop scaring him away, leave the roasting until he gets here :Smile_hiding:

*seriously though, EU forum shouldn't be left to it's own so much it feels disheartening. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[JOLLY]
Players
760 posts
12,015 battles
24 minutes ago, Europizza said:

These forums won't be perfect as long as I'm around, I can tell you that much :Smile_hiding:

you are a beauty spot (an old wrinkly mole with curly hairs sprouting out), your very presence prettifies the forum sir!

• Funny 6

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,776 posts
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Memorial Day: Which pop culture cookout would you crash? | EW.com

image.png.ff85989c086826f9ee921053a58078e9.png

Yes I know it's badly done. I suck at these things, but I just couldn't resist :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

I have a feeling this humor will be greatly unappreciated tomorrow :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 5

[JRM]
Players
8,480 posts
2 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I have a feeling this humor will be greatly unappreciated tomorrow :Smile_hiding:

TBH as I am a deputy dept head in a general hospital ICU and currently COVID-19 ICU phys I dont give a r*ts [edited]about what they appreciate or not... :cap_tea:

• Cool 9

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
1,523 posts
17,381 battles
2 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Why not? He seems exceedingly happy......:Smile_glasses:

I mean gustus not disputandum.......

• Funny 6

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

TBH as I am a deputy dept head in a general hospital ICU and currently COVID-19 ICU phys I dont give a r*ts [edited]about what they appreciate or not... :cap_tea:

Talking about perspectives....

You're doing 'the lords work' and I'm an atheist, if I could salute you irl I would :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[LADA]
Players
802 posts
9,725 battles

I think the EU forums are a little too .....erm.....honest for their liking. Possibly not quite as anarchic as reddit but still....

To be fair the merciless ridicule, mickey taking and memery is mostly self-inflicted on WGs part.  WG do have the habit of repeatedly and publicly shooting themselves in the foot - so there is no shortage of mirth to be had. A good percentage of forumites have a wicked sense of humour and have been in the game long enough to know all the WG tricks by now. The moderation is usually reasonable enough and nowhere near as draconian as the NA or RU forums. 

All of the above makes for a tough crowd who might not play ball.

It's fun. 

• Cool 6

Players
2,839 posts
21,221 battles

Yeh I cannot see it being very likely WG would be willing to do that with the EU crowd we are a far more unruly lot compared to our docile NA cousins. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,575 posts
10,695 battles
6 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

@YabbaCoe @MrConway

Thanks in advance! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

I dont think LWM is Interested in coming over Permanently Mate.

• Funny 1

[_I_]
Players
1,574 posts
21,827 battles
2 hours ago, Europizza said:

Still waiting for the grumpy Europizza face on my Minotaur...

• Funny 5

[JOLLY]
Players
760 posts
12,015 battles
2 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Yeh I cannot see it being very likely WG would be willing to do that with the EU crowd we are a far more unruly lot compared to our docile NA cousins. 

I don't think the NA crowd are docile, it's just that regular purges means that there are only docile boot polishers left to ask questions.

4 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

Still waiting for the grumpy Europizza face on my Minotaur...

Europizza for captain! (A CV captain obviously)

• Funny 4

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles
3 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Nothing the EU team can't solve after taking a class in NA moderating to make us as house broken...

Seriously though I can see it happen, the thing is we shouldn't turn the heat on right away that way, think froggy! And the local team is quite capable of silencing us if it's needed, so I'd say it's up to each and every one of us on their own to show your .. worries .. in a civil British manner.. 

WG.thumb.png.d78db842e6e905e6d1c5e6167b4c41c2.png

The scary thing is expecting WG to use the same table in reverse.. 

• Funny 8

Beta Tester
2,293 posts
20,434 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Leo_Apollo11 sagte:

Hi all,

I think Sub_O only appeared on NA forum for these reasons:

- lack of staff (seems to suck to work there)

- LWM and Chibbu have their "natural habitat" there and WG srewed those two even more than us

• Cool 4

Players
2,839 posts
21,221 battles
5 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Nothing the EU team can't solve after taking a class in NA moderating to make us as house broken...

Seriously though I can see it happen, the thing is we shouldn't turn the heat on right away that way, think froggy! And the local team is quite capable of silencing us if it's needed, so I'd say it's up to each and every one of us on their own to show your .. worries .. in a civil British manner.. 

WG.thumb.png.d78db842e6e905e6d1c5e6167b4c41c2.png

The scary thing is expecting WG to use the same table in reverse.. 

That table is worryingly accurate to describe my meetings in the wonderfully named Petty France building. 

• Funny 6

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

The disconnect is scary though. More so for me maybe as I was just directed to a showcase video of the current submarines and I couldn't even watch for more as a minute or two before having to turn it off. Especially since the player says he thinks it's an enjoyable experience.... that scares the shat out of me. 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
8,480 posts
19 minutes ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

- LWM and Chibbu have their "natural habitat" there and WG srewed those two even more than us

Really? We didnt have people here do camos and stuff only to see them dicarded?

• Funny 3