You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_LIVERPOOL

SUBS HAS KILLED RANKED

76 comments in this topic

Players
1,401 posts
7,538 battles

"Killed ranked" implies that there was anything of value to kill in bronze ranked as it is :P. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes have fun. But it is pretty much a window licking contest where the team with slightly less handicapped captains wins.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
1,115 posts
7,304 battles
30 minutes ago, HMS_LIVERPOOL said:

Submarines has killed ranked. That's all I'm going to say I'm to pissed off to say anything else....

idiots killed rank not subs.

sub in my team, dude doesnt know how to play it, he went forward into 2 dds, didnt even fired.

next game i go for enemy sub, he stand in one place, he fires torps ,he has NO idea he has to ping me for hits, they miss ofc. he stands there like an idiot.

WG should have made a mandatory tutorial that everybody should pass if you want to play subs, beacouse people have no idea to play them and they are testing them in ranked instead in CO OP, I am speechless!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
990 posts
20,916 battles
Just now, Wulf_Ace said:

WG should have made a mandatory tutorial that everybody should pass if you want to play subs, beacouse people have no idea to play them and they are testing them in ranked instead in CO OP, I am speechless!

Sorry that would be a sunk cost, too busy designing a new premium camo for a loot box

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
511 posts
6,219 battles

This is not ranked. This is Sprint Ranked, in other words, noobspamfest.

Real ranked mode was killed long before when it was removed from the game. Subs are just an addition to dumbing down the game even further.

CV rework and subs are the two dumbest things WG has made so far. But then again, who am i to judge when it is all about money...If they know they're gonna make more bucks, they would add cruise missiles to this game and it's maybe in their long term plan, never say never.

• Cool 3

Players
1,401 posts
7,538 battles
1 minute ago, Wulf_Ace said:

sub in my team, dude doesnt know how to play it, he went forward into 2 dds, didnt even fired.

next game i go for enemy sub, he stand in one place, he fires torps ,he has NO idea he has to ping me for hits, they miss ofc. he stands there like an idiot.

There is a grain of truth to this. It seems that subs are not terribly easy to play in such a way that they have any game impact. And if you consider that a. you get subs randomly and they require no practice or experience and b. how hideously bad ranked players tend to be, the outcome is predictable.

• Cool 1

Players
5,644 posts
21,907 battles
13 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Life achievement: Becoming a one trick pony.

SOMEBODY SUMMONED MEH? :cap_viking:

Asashio II.jpg

• Funny 3

Players
5,644 posts
21,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Asashio_Kai_Nii said:

that's not fair... 

I know. I lub her as she is my favorite vicious lolibote.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles
39 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

WG can't cure idiocy, they can however remove submarines and solve the issue pertaining the game. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
1,115 posts
7,304 battles
6 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

WG can't cure idiocy, they can however remove submarines and solve the issue pertaining the game. 

i dont find subs by any means OP, they just slow the game by half nothing else

• Cool 1

Players
3,353 posts
25,688 battles

At least for T6 its for me: 

"Friendship with DD is over, now CV is my best friend!"

Still cant do buggery squad vs. SS but at least I can farm the rest so that hopefully a teammate might shoot at the sub. 

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles
Just now, Wulf_Ace said:

i dont find subs by any means OP, they just slow the game by half nothing else

Well there is a reason I don't want submarines in this game, it has to do with implementing them in a way which was fun to play and still immersive together with the rest of the classes and existing mechanis ( mainly time compression ).

This argument was made years ago and I still stand by it, you're just proofing I'm right :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
1,401 posts
7,538 battles
18 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I know. I lub her as she is my favorite vicious lolibote.

Off topic, but I have to say that she has become my favourite dd as well. Not only is she super fun, but she is also damn good. I've put in a bit over 40 games with her, with an almost 70% winrate (this is of course divisions as I don't play randoms solo anymore, but still like 10% over my normal DD winrate, and like 15% over my general average winrate). Thanks again for recommending her to me earlier!

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,486 posts
13,840 battles

Subs haven't ruined ranked. I've had a few games in my dd this morning and they were quite fun. Did someone get touched by a sub torp in a private place that's upset them? Lets cancel culture with anti-sub wokism, hehe

• Funny 1

Players
1,401 posts
7,538 battles
8 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Subs haven't ruined ranked. I've had a few games in my dd this morning and they were quite fun. Did someone get touched by a sub torp in a private place that's upset them? Lets cancel culture with anti-sub wokism, hehe

I.e. the same sentiments I offered, except with questionable libertarian bait for some more culture wars. (please can we get by without this nonsense on this forum for at least one day)

• Funny 1

[88888]
Players
1,130 posts
12,070 battles
1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Well if you have to make a compulsory tutorial for a game then your design sucks. 

• Cool 2

[ARVI]
Players
212 posts

Subs in ranked? 

A hahahahahahaha :cap_haloween: Clearly I missed a few news. 

It's absolutely disastrous in co-op. Then put it in ranked? 

Congratulations, WG. Random is barely playable, so now we have the 1, single isolated operation a week. 

Tell me: Do you know we are paying customers? Like, really? 

Hello? Anyone home? 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2