Server restart - 22/10 at 05:00 UTC Read more... ×

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
7 posts
1,436 battles

I got a flash drive recently and a new desktop, so I transferred all the wows files on the stick and tried to run on the new PC. I was doing this to see if I could get it to work so I can play at college of the stick with out having to install. I’ve read on forums that it’s possible to just copy past every thing and run it as long as it’s up to date. But when I tried to run it tells me I need the WG launch client, what to I do? 

4 answers to this question

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,232 posts
14,578 battles
8 minutes ago, Ucuusenkanyamato2199 said:

I got a flash drive recently and a new desktop, so I transferred all the wows files on the stick and tried to run on the new PC. I was doing this to see if I could get it to work so I can play at college of the stick with out having to install. I’ve read on forums that it’s possible to just copy past every thing and run it as long as it’s up to date. But when I tried to run it tells me I need the WG launch client, what to I do? 

You do have to use WGC on the "other PC" and re-import it to the center. There's no chance to play the game without the respective "Center" like Epic, Steam or WGC (depending on the version). 

Players
7 posts
1,436 battles
9 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

You do have to use WGC on the "other PC" and re-import it to the center. There's no chance to play the game without the respective "Center" like Epic, Steam or WGC (depending on the version). 

Well apparently as long as the game is up to date it still works even with out a launcher. Would I need the launcher installed on the stick as well or dose it have to be on the PC?

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,232 posts
14,578 battles
14 hours ago, Ucuusenkanyamato2199 said:

Well apparently as long as the game is up to date it still works even with out a launcher. Would I need the launcher installed on the stick as well or dose it have to be on the PC?

Never tried it but as you need e.g. WGC running for even replaying a replay since some months I'm quite sure it has to be installed on the PC you are moving the client to. 

Players
7 posts
1,436 battles
3 hours ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

Never tried it but as you need e.g. WGC running for even replaying a replay since some months I'm quite sure it has to be installed on the PC you are moving the client to. 

Thanks but remember I’m not trying to move the client over to the new PC just trying to get a portable wows lol. I was going to put WGC on the PC after I figured if it was possible for me to do lol. I’ve seen Reddit and wows forums discussing this working.