You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

The return and economic nerf of Missouri.

277 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
5,182 posts
21,470 battles

I should add that current owners will still receive additional credits due to a permanent  combat mission.

On balance it looks like a good move.

I just hate playing the ship, it’s guns alway troll me.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[_I_]
Players
2,746 posts
24,932 battles
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I should add that current owners will still receive additional credits due to a permanent  combat mission.

Wot? Best ship to play in t9 ranked. You can deal well with all enemies...

[SHAD]
Players
5,182 posts
21,470 battles
Just now, Nibenay78 said:

Wot? Best ship to play in t9 ranked. You can deal well with all enemies...

Not for me!

I feel like I earn more money in my Kronstadt as I just do so much better in it!

Players
2,164 posts
15,657 battles
Just now, gopher31 said:

I had a bit of a rough patch with Missouri and I stopped playing her for a while but I must confess she is a very good ship. So is Iowa, on the other hand.

Nice move by WG with the perma combat mission.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,335 posts
22,490 battles
4 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Though in principle I like this idea and line of reasoning, however I don't think this is a) easily executed and b) will not work out as the original ships proper multiplier would, simply because I think that is is very hard to determine what "on average, earn the same number of Credits as before" means and how it relates to all the additional camo and flags you can add.

• Cool 3

Players
3,608 posts
23,634 battles

I do love playing my Missouri and seems reasonable that newer players can have her too, an uncharacteristically reasonable move by WG.

Although wouldn’t it be easier just to give the new Missouri a different camo and therefor a different credit bonus.

• Cool 11

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
784 posts
15,378 battles

I hope this permanent solution is as everything WG say, and they will remove the mission at some point. 

It will be always there, showing 1 even if there is nothing, horrible idea. 

Just nerf it and lets go. Yes, I do have it, and Benham earns me more on average as it is easier to farm damage. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
6,357 posts
25,997 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Right now the higher credit multiplier is baked into the ship.

• When you put credit camos and signals on your Missouri, the gains from these are calculated on basis of this higher ship multiplier.

After the change, it will just be a mission giving you a credit bonus.

• Such boni from missions are not included when calculating the gains from camos and signals.

@MrConway @Crysantos @YabbaCoe Can you please clarify whether my Missouri will still make more or less the same credits when I equip credit camos and signals?

As I see it there will be permanent "Missouri Combat Mission" that would give Percentage (%) increase of Credits for existing ship users... so with additional Signal Flags it should stack...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
12,417 posts
13,357 battles
6 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Right now the higher credit multiplier is baked into the ship.

• When you put credit camos and signals on your Missouri, the gains from these are calculated on basis of this higher ship multiplier.

After the change, it will just be a mission giving you a credit bonus.

• Such boni from missions are not included when calculating the gains from camos and signals.

@MrConway @Crysantos @YabbaCoe Can you please clarify whether my Missouri will still make more or less the same credits when I equip credit camos and signals?

Probably not :Smile_trollface:

At the same time, ship didn't aged well with the game, being effectively powercrept by all metrics by Georgia, especially in "fun" department.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,094 posts
18,584 battles
15 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

As I see it there will be permanent "Missouri Combat Mission" that would give Percentage (%) increase of Credits for existing ship users... so with additional Signal Flags it should stack...

Only if it would work like this:

[ship credits + (ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal)] x mission

But I believe it usually works like this:

ship credits + (ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal) + (ship credits x mission)

@MrConway @Crysantos @YabbaCoe Can you please check up on the calculation that will be used?

• Cool 8

[BE4RS]
Players
24 posts
9,016 battles

Now i am wondering if the ship gets avadible with economic nerfs  wich does not make me want it anymore  
and the missouri after the even goes away again  and u can get it alone from the xmas chests does it mean the economics are buffed again ? 

i find it strange do WG says hey yo were bringing the missouri back and the playerbase goes like YAY buys the ship and finds out your not making the profits . so its just a shitty iowa with radar

so my question is why shoud i buy it then ??????? 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,335 posts
22,490 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Probably not :Smile_trollface:

At the same time, ship didn't aged well with the game, being effectively powercrept by all metrics by Georgia, especially in "fun" department.

However when fully flagged and camouflaged its still the number one time saver when having to fullfill any "earn xyz million credits" missions.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
6,357 posts
25,997 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

[(ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal)] x mission

(ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal) + (ship credits x mission)

Hmmm... yes... we do need explanation then...

@MrConway @Crysantos @YabbaCoe 

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I swear that I feel that my "Musashi" now earns more credits than my "MIssouri"... :Smile_hiding:

Players
12,417 posts
13,357 battles
Just now, Ubertron_X said:

However when fully flagged and camouflaged its still the number one time saver when having to fullfill any "earn xyz million credits" missions.

Maybe, but I've found Georgia to be way more consistent at making credits. Trolly 406mm guns are just that, trolly and 406mm aren't cutting it against not completely clueless T10 cruisers.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,335 posts
22,490 battles
5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Made some quick co-op games for comparison. First one is Missouri camo using no other flags. Second one is Dazzling camo and using Zulu signal.

image.png.5128556e927a2beb0869d4923a1d8bd1.png

image.png.2418e6e83ed8fc373f4e896011ac904c.png

Beta Tester
4,094 posts
18,584 battles
12 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Made some quick co-op games for comparison. First one is Missouri camo using no other flags. Second one is Dazzling camo and using Zulu signal.

image.png.5128556e927a2beb0869d4923a1d8bd1.png

image.png.2418e6e83ed8fc373f4e896011ac904c.png

Yeah I actually forgot to add the ship credits by themselves.

The question remains, how the mission will be added into the formula.

Credits would only be the same if it would work like this:

[ship credits + (ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal)] x mission

ship credits + (ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal) + (ship credits x mission)

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,688 posts
15,313 battles
52 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I just get some Warning tingles when I see the wording "will, on average, earn the same number of Credits as before—a permanent combat mission that applies an economic bonus to all battles will maintain the ship’s economic value for everyone who owned Missouri prior to this change."

Should we read this as a small nerf to old Missouri earnings? Or is it really exactly the same?! When WG uses their trademarked un-certain wordings im nervous. So maybe still a bit better then they new one they release but not the same as old? 

Still, gotta love 1 800 000 credits in a loss, and this was way before all the good credit camos and flags got introduced.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
5,886 posts
24,034 battles

19 minutes ago, CrazyGuyB27 said:

Now i am wondering if the ship gets avadible with economic nerfs  wich does not make me want it anymore  
and the missouri after the even goes away again  and u can get it alone from the xmas chests does it mean the economics are buffed again ? 

i find it strange do WG says hey yo were bringing the missouri back and the playerbase goes like YAY buys the ship and finds out your not making the profits . so its just a shitty iowa with radar

so my question is why shoud i buy it then ??????? 

It's still a good ship. It will still make lots of credits compared to other Tier Premiums. 

Seems like a good deal, to me, making it available like this,  and the extra mission is fair to players who already have the Missouri. 

[THESO]
Players
3,888 posts
31,080 battles

YO WEEGEEEEEEEE.........................

M I S S O U R I    L I M A    ! ! !

f*s!!!!

clearly a move to nerf the old missi. otherwise they just could have brought it in any alternative variant!

lamers

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,335 posts
22,490 battles
1 minute ago, MrWastee said:

YO WEEGEEEEEEEE.........................

M I S S O U R I    L I M A    ! ! !

f*s!!!!

clearly a move to nerf the old missi. otherwise they just could have brought it in any alternative variant!

lamers 

Clearly people are regrinding credits too fast after having spend some on coal auctions... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
9,784 posts
5,011 battles
50 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

@MrConway @Crysantos @YabbaCoe Can you please check up on the calculation that will be used?

The mission gives a percentage bonus to base credits earned, what you can see in Credits and XP tab in post battle report. There you also can see the modifiers. So for example when you have Scylla signal, which gives you +25%, it calculates those 25% separately from that base credit earnings. So this mission should give you fixed bonus of certain number of percentage of credits. 

So from your options, it should be (ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal) + (ship credits x mission)

• Cool 3
  • Bad 6

Beta Tester
4,094 posts
18,584 battles
2 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

So from your options, it should be (ship credits x camo) + (ship credits x signal) + (ship credits x mission)

Thank you for the quick answer.

But as you can see, that is a massive nerf compared to a higher ship multiplier.

Can you please pass along the idea to compensate us with a "Missouri B" using the old ship multiplier instead?

• Cool 10

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
9,784 posts
5,011 battles
Just now, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Thank you for the quick answer.

But as you can see, that is a massive nerf compared to a higher ship multiplier.

Can you please pass along the idea to compensate us with a "Missouri B" using the old ship multiplier instead?

How can you be so sure, that it will be a massive nerf? You have the data how much the base credit income of Missouri is different to other tier IX premium BBs and how much this mission will give?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 6