You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Interesting Reddit post (from NA Forum Poll): What should I buy??? What are the best steel and coal ships??? All your questions answered HERE!! BEST STEEL AND COAL SHIPS POLL

15 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,489 posts
21,152 battles

Hi all,

Interesting Reddit post (from NA Forum Poll): What should I buy??? What are the best steel and coal ships??? All your questions answered HERE!! BEST STEEL AND COAL SHIPS POLL

Source: Reddit

I polled over 80 skilled, experienced players on what the best steel and coal ships were for competitive, fun and what their overall favorite was. I picked a group of good players as they have had access to more of the resources and exposure to them. Here was the results:

STEEL

What are the strongest steel ships for COMPETITIVE PLAY? Respondents picked 2 each:

r/WorldOfWarships - What should I buy??? What are the best steel and coal ships??? All your questions answered HERE!! BEST STEEL AND COAL SHIPS POLL

No huge surprises here as Stalingrad still sees enough competitive play and FDR definitely has its niche as a premier CV for comp play. Bourgogne and Shikishima are useful in comp but not enough of a variation or difference from the other available BB's at the tier compared to Stalin and FDR

What are the MOST FUN steel ships to play? Respondents picked 2 each

r/WorldOfWarships - What should I buy??? What are the best steel and coal ships??? All your questions answered HERE!! BEST STEEL AND COAL SHIPS POLL

Bourgogne and Austin have the same gimmick (MBRB) putting them at the top of the pack for fun factor and FDR drops to the bottom of the pack.

What is your FAVORITE of the available steel ships?

As fun as the Austin is, people enjoy the Stalin more while Bourgogne takes the top spot. Rip Plymouth.... (my fav)

COAL (Tier 9 and 10 only)

What are the strongest coal ships for COMPETITIVE PLAY? Respondents picked 3 each

A pretty definitive top 3 with Marceau sailing out way in front of the rest of the ships.... Salem and Moskva definitely viable in most comp modes and regularly seen and although comp modes don't visit T9 often, the Neustra is strong at the tier

What are the MOST FUN coal ships to play? Respondents picked 3 each

Wow, this graph looks familiar..... Only the Pommern jumps significantly as fun vs serious play helps it out immensely.

What is your FAVORITE of the available coal ships?

No real change from the competitive graph. Basically if you are looking for a good list for the most useful and the most fun coal ships, the top 3 are pretty definitive.

So, if you want to do some research on your own here are some reviews for them:

FDR Yuzorah

Stalingrad LittleWhiteMouse

Bourgogne LittleWhiteMouse

Shikishima Notser

Plymouth Yuzorah

Austin SeaRaptor

Marceau Flamu

Salem LittleWhiteMouse

Moskva Flamu

Neustrashimy Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Immelman Yuzorah

Z-44 LittleWhiteMouse

Pommern LittleWhiteMouse

Marco Polo LittleWhiteMouse

Yoshino LittleWhiteMouse

Do we in EU agree with thier findings? :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 5

[-RDE-]
Players
381 posts
4,737 battles

Great ones like Marco Polo and Yoshino at the bottom of the list... "Legit" list for sure

• Funny 5

Weekend Tester
1,226 posts
9,475 battles

Leo pls fix font tnx :Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.17cdc8fa0c729839d6e0eeacf2f5232e.png

Edit:

I think On every server it would mostly be the same. If a ship is good on 1 server its good on every server. 

The only thing i think that wouldn't be the same is the Z-44 votes, which I would expect to be at 0 on every other server.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,489 posts
21,152 battles

Hi all,

4 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Leo pls fix font tnx :Smile_teethhappy:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.17cdc8fa0c729839d6e0eeacf2f5232e.png

Hmm... I don't have that... all is white on my side...

Perhaps "Dark Mode" ?

Leo "Apollo11"

[BHSFL]
Players
920 posts

FDR is too high, should be around Shikishima level and I also have doubts about Stalingrad and I am wondering if that is not people still thinking of the ship when it was released and not actually having the ship. The fact the "most fun" shows much less votes and a rather different placement kinda tells me I am right about it.

Weekend Tester
1,226 posts
9,475 battles
5 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Hmm... I don't have that... all is white on my side...

Perhaps "Dark Mode" ?

Leo "Apollo11"

Yeah it has to do with the way the forum formats fonts. Only way to fix it is to paste as plain text when pasting content.

Don't worry about it. Still readable when I select the text.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,906 posts
50,862 battles

it is food for thought. However it does not say how much a player have played each ship, I guess we might have a nationality bias.

How many players does have all the ships and have played them enough?

It might also be interesting to question , which ship do you fear most as this will probably be better answered by more players.

I can not say which steel ship is most fun - i have only 3 (not counting Flint and Neutra) but I might have an answer to which I fear most. But even my great number of games have not make me see some of the ships in large enough numbers.

I see it more as a discussion tool.

Personally i have most of the coal ships and I find Pommern is too damn low.

[HMPF]
Players
564 posts
7,557 battles

From the steel ships I only have Stalingrad so far and regret buying her. Yes it is a very strong ship, but so boring to play. 

Players
846 posts
30,211 battles

The Problem with asking for the best Ship is that the answer depends on your playstyle. Plus Ships might get removed in the Future and new ones will come.

From the Steel Ships I only have Shikishima and I like her. Maybe I take Bourgogne next.

But Shiki is actually my second steel ship that I bought. the first one was the Flint.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,387 posts
14,464 battles

Leo still on the hunt for the longest possible thread-title. :cap_look:

• Cool 2

Players
2,948 posts
34,758 battles
4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Source: Reddit

Do we in EU agree with thier findings? :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Been saying Bourgogne and Marceau for years :cap_haloween: