You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SraaI

Sry need to vent about this

6 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
5,121 battles

Sry but I need to vent a bit.

I took a long break from WOWS (at least since September 2020). One of the last things I did was spec out of secondaries (Commander and Modules) on my GK (this will be of importance later). Now I returned to the game somewhat around May or June this year (but immediately left again, mostly bc of this, but from now on I intend to play a bit more). As You may notice I missed the time when they reworked the captain skills. So after the automatic skill point distribution by the WG-algorithm I can not reskill my captains (esp. annoying for those with 19 points) for free anymore. This automatic distribution of skill-points has worked in most cases but mot all and also brought something beautiful back (sarcasm). So please rate my captains I think got the worst setup. Additionally it skilled "Incoming Fire Alert" instead of "last stand" on all my CLs (why would they need that, especially the molotow, and there is no other way of knowing if you are beeing shot at). Only my Conqueror had the skill points resetted without distributing them anew automatically. And IF WG is reading, can i get a new skillpoint reset for those ships (and my CLs)?

Greetings and fair seas

Lars

NewSkillz.jpg

[TACHA]
Players
677 posts
1,017 battles

Except for a few things like the RECALL COMMANDER function, which is brilliant, that skills rework was nearly all garbage, but especially bad for cruisers. 

• Cool 2

Players
118 posts
2,812 battles

They said there will be another free retrain next time they touch commander skills this autumn (some changes next patch too but don't know if we will get it then). So try to check around from time to time and you should have the opportunity to retrain your captains soonTM.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,644 posts
24,476 battles

The next reset will be with patch 0.10.7, which is next in line. So in about a month you will be able to reset all of your captains for free.

• Cool 2

[LUZ1]
Players
2,028 posts
15,868 battles

Hi Lars,

I believe that players who were inactive during the skill rework can contact customer support and have their captain skills reset.

I did not do this myself, but have read earlier on this forum that this could be done.

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
5,121 battles

Thank you all for your answers. I already heard of the next patch just sucks to have to play for a month with suboptimal captains. I will try to contact the support as @Camperdown suggested. Just weird that the algorithm still insists that secondaries on GK are viable even though the community (and the game itself) thinks the exyct opposite.